Widgets Magazine
Page 464 of 485 FirstFirst ... 364414459460461462463464465466467468469 ... LastLast
Results 11,576 to 11,600 of 12103

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center

What is going on with the LED lighting here? The top half has been out for at least the last two days. I'd rather they just leave the whole thing dark until it gets fixed, it looks horrible as is.

I noticed they had the rooftop crane out over the weekend, maybe they have been trying to work on it? Maybe they will get it working correctly within the first decade of it being completed!

I have expressed so many times how disappointed I am with the lighting.. I know Pete has posted about what happened with it all and how it never got programmed or fixed from the start but that is just sloppy in my opinion. to have a brand new building that has never had all the lighting working properly just looks tacky.

^

Right, regardless of the dispute between the lighting company and Hines/Devon I'm really surprised it has not yet been fixed.

And if it hasn't by now, it likely never will be.

I just want to take the time to remind everybody, that the initial plan was to have the entire building retrofitted with the LED fins. Imagine how horrible that would have looked with these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    I just want to take the time to remind everybody, that the initial plan was to have the entire building retrofitted with the LED fins. Imagine how horrible that would have looked with these issues.
    or how amazing it would look had they allowed the lighting professionals to do their jobs and get them installed and working as designed.

What would the building have looked light with the original LED plans?

I talked to the company that did the LED lighting for Devon several times.

The idea of putting LED lights over the entire exterior was briefly considered but then rejected. So, it was never really in the plans.

I also know there were disputes and problems all the way along and in the end the contractor was dismissed before they fully programmed the system.

I only heard their side of it but obviously some of the LED fins were damaged during install then they could not get access to the BMU (maintenance crane) in order to make the fixes. Things went downhill from there and their engagement was severed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    I have expressed so many times how disappointed I am with the lighting.. I know Pete has posted about what happened with it all and how it never got programmed or fixed from the start but that is just sloppy in my opinion. to have a brand new building that has never had all the lighting working properly just looks tacky.
    Downtown OKC right now as a whole looks pretty bad in the lighting department. I've been in Tulsa and Ft Worth recently and it's amazing how much more vibrant their skylines look actually lit up and done well. Is there any specific reason OKC has such a problem with this? Do other cities have lighting ordinances or something?

Anyways, I think or at least hope it improves in 2020 when the BankFirst renovation is complete, the First National Center renovation is complete, and the Boulevard is complete and hopefully with that, the highway lighting (that has been out for years) fixed. It would be nice if Devon could finally get their lighting working right and if Sandridge would re-light their tower, both things that I'd be surprised if ever happened.

^

Devon's lighting is great apart from a few minor glitches. BOK Park Plaza did a nice job. Oklahoma Tower added color-shifting LED's at the top. Skydance Bridge is very cool, as is the new LED lighting at the crystal bridge.

Still to come: BancFirst tower, FNC and a multi-color display (based on social media posts from Gary Brooks) and the lighting for SandRidge is awesome and will ultimately be switched on again.

And you can bet the new Omni and convention center and Scissortail Park will do it right.

Things have improved greatly and there are some big changes coming down the road.

Blog Entries

Whenever Sandridge moves or goes under and OGE takes over their tower I suspect there might be some lighting changes there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Whenever Sandridge moves or goes under and OGE takes over their tower I suspect there might be some lighting changes there as well.
    There will be. Not sure where SD is going. It’s a rudderless ship at this point.

Check out the lights tonight if you can!

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Maybe they can just swap current buildings...

Quote Originally Posted by Southsider2 View Post
    Check out the lights tonight if you can!
    was there a miracle and they all work now?

Yea right! It was just pulsing red-white-blue.

Maintenance basket was swaying out of control this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Maintenance basket was swaying out of control this morning.
    Apparently there were people in it. Hoping everyone is ok.

https://newsok.com/article/5631443/f...-oklahoma-city

Harrowing video here... Not for those prone to motion sickness or fear of heights:

https://www.facebook.com/JasonHacket...ref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARCsyiYS1gIajnVWp4CCV1-fs2at57TCO61XgSP_8xKGKbRSdyYp9dqmqU57Obl85_ue6iana SWmIOtpARiwEvpftZ6ig7DFHlAhE8unmXMsnq388uaXCcuOvU0 wxoRyaC_acZ03TzRihACurkTfOclz57UKttBxF47Qq5p2H_jvR fdiCpd_IFVXxTsFDkhmvOqbdEA5jh4PEhcvryh3pLoqE6JuIqx xQcawO8P9Cu-LjObSSRITyYQLz-oAb8MHWLgucRtAJoNPI61KYJ5inXY9rlaZlMPtpGZf1pNQ-Wai7loS-WAlDFWr7PEoLbYDFheD-sLUwb4r1qEN5kwGJ6B33sI2mj7BzsBqTF-dmiHg3y9Q3J6CNCl7LWS3kEw

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Harrowing video here... Not for those prone to motion sickness or fear of heights:

https://www.facebook.com/JasonHacket...ref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARCsyiYS1gIajnVWp4CCV1-fs2at57TCO61XgSP_8xKGKbRSdyYp9dqmqU57Obl85_ue6iana SWmIOtpARiwEvpftZ6ig7DFHlAhE8unmXMsnq388uaXCcuOvU0 wxoRyaC_acZ03TzRihACurkTfOclz57UKttBxF47Qq5p2H_jvR fdiCpd_IFVXxTsFDkhmvOqbdEA5jh4PEhcvryh3pLoqE6JuIqx xQcawO8P9Cu-LjObSSRITyYQLz-oAb8MHWLgucRtAJoNPI61KYJ5inXY9rlaZlMPtpGZf1pNQ-Wai7loS-WAlDFWr7PEoLbYDFheD-sLUwb4r1qEN5kwGJ6B33sI2mj7BzsBqTF-dmiHg3y9Q3J6CNCl7LWS3kEw
    I'm going to vomit just looking at that.

21. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

They showed the platform flying around in the wind on CNBC. Eeeeesh!

So did they just underestimate the wind? Maybe issues with the crane since you would think they would have raised themselves backup and rotated the crane over.

Bad pub for Devon, that's for sure.

Bad pub for Devon, that's for sure.
    Were they at fault?

Are they accepting reservations for Oklahoma's newest and tallest thrill ride?

Thread Information