Widgets Magazine
Page 456 of 485 FirstFirst ... 356406451452453454455456457458459460461 ... LastLast
Results 11,376 to 11,400 of 12103

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, The lights on Devon will never be 100% functional and I'm thankful every time I see them they didn't decide to place the LED fins on the entire building. The building has been "done" and occupied for over a year and this is still a issue that hasn't even gotten close to being resolved.
    Complaining about Devon Tower lighting is like complaining that Kate Upton's nipples are too dark.

Quote Originally Posted by hoyasooner View Post
    Complaining about Devon Tower lighting is like complaining that Kate Upton's nipples are too dark.
    nice. . . very nice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    nice. . . very nice!!!
    I love that "nipples" comes through loud and clear but "wa****a" is still censored...lol

5. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Last Friday I rode my bike on Devon's sidewalk (near Nebu) for literally 15 seconds looking for a place to park my bike so I could get breakfast at Nebu and I was about 10 feet from being off their property and was dramatically stopped by a running security guard. Seemed unnecessary, but not a big deal. However, after eating at Nebu I rode along Sheridan on the sidewalk on the Devon side of the street and the same security guard broke into a sprint towards me so I crossed over to the Myriad Gardens side of the street. Is it still not a public sidewalk? Seemed far too aggressive, but maybe they'd had some recent threats or something. Still, isn't Sheridan a public street with public sidewalks.
    I know it seems crazy since nobody really uses the few sidewalks we have in this city, but bikes have to stay in the street.

I had a similar experience when one of my girls put their hand in the water feature in front of Nebu. I know they are just doing their job, but over-zealous security personnel rub me the wrong way. Maybe it's because I don't like being told what to do. <--my wife wrote that.

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    I know it seems crazy since nobody really uses the few sidewalks we have in this city, but bikes have to stay in the street.

I had a similar experience when one of my girls put their hand in the water feature in front of Nebu. I know they are just doing their job, but over-zealous security personnel rub me the wrong way. Maybe it's because I don't like being told what to do. <--my wife wrote that.
    Ahh, that's all we need, a bunch of jackboots keeping girls hands out of the water. High crimes on the Devon campus! Corporate security guys are so often thugs because they just itch for something to do - they get bored and want to feel important. Your wife is right.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I love that "nipples" comes through loud and clear but "wa****a" is still censored...lol
    yeah lol, I wonder if *****burg will go through?

ok, it didn't, but if it did, it would've been pen!sburg

I've said it before and I'll say it again, The lights on Devon will never be 100% functional and I'm thankful every time I see them they didn't decide to place the LED fins on the entire building. The building has been "done" and occupied for over a year and this is still a issue that hasn't even gotten close to being resolved.
    I disagree, I see the tower out my window every night. It is very close to be resolved for now. Last night I only saw a few scattered spots that weren't lit up. If we get another massive hailstorm or something that will cause a problem but any lighting system will require maintenance over time. This system will be no different but the issues will be more frequent because there are a ton of lights and they all have to be synced up via computer. Once the initial issues are all solved, it will be much easier to maintain and less noticeable when one or two go out on occasion.

Last night was by far the most complete I have seen the LEDs.

Hopefully, no one accidentaly hits the reset button on the control box when all the lights are programmed and fuctional. lol

Why not just light the crown up with regular lighting and focus on LED on the side of the building. It has looked very good every time I've seen it done that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Last night was by far the most complete I have seen the LEDs.
    Yep, I noticed the same thing driving by early this morning.

I was down there late last night and the colors and lighting seemed perfect to me....was outstanding. Didn't see any led's out on the southwest or southeast corners.

I believe they are gearing up for the holiday season and Thunder basketball.

We should see much more in terms of sophisticated shows and color schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I was down there late last night and the colors and lighting seemed perfect to me....was outstanding. Didn't see any led's out on the southwest or southeast corners.
    Leaving the game tonight, the lights on the southern - sw side does still have an issue or two. Still looks good from a distance though.

I wish that, being that the lighting scheme is so difficult to program, that they would pick a few simpler ones and stick with them. The lights have been out for a few weeks now. I understand they are trying to program a Christmas theme. Back in May during the playoffs they were out for several weeks as well while they were trying to program "Go Thunder" in the lights. Just go with red LEDs on the side and a green crown for Christmas. That would look good and wouldn't require the tower be dark for weeks while they program it.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I wish that, being that the lighting scheme is so difficult to program, that they would pick a few simpler ones and stick with them. The lights have been out for a few weeks now. I understand they are trying to program a Christmas theme. Back in May during the playoffs they were out for several weeks as well while they were trying to program "Go Thunder" in the lights. Just go with red LEDs on the side and a green crown for Christmas. That would look good and wouldn't require the tower be dark for weeks while they program it.
    I drive by 5 days a week between 6:30 and 7:00 am. They have been on consistently until today....they were off.

They have also been on when I've come out of the Peake every game this year.

last night they had a cool display of red lines moving up and down the side fins and the crown.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyOcean View Post
    last night they had a cool display of red lines moving up and down the side fins and the crown.
    It must just be bad timing on my part that when I am around it, it is off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Burgess View Post
    Yeah. The tower is right outside my window and I see it every night. They are always lit up.
    same for me as well, but to credit the above poster, it looks like they are still having lighting issues with several sections still not working. I know you are viewing a different side of the tower than I, so it could be only on certain sides?

21. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

The sides look like the are just about fixed, but the crown still has some substantial holes.

a topic not even worth discussion, the LED panels will never be 100% fully functional. Get used to it.

Blog Entries

Either that or maybe it should be its own thread so we can opt out of that conversation...

24. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

a topic not even worth discussion, the LED panels will never be 100% fully functional. Get used to it.
    You are one of the most redundant posters on here. This is all you ever say.

Thread Information