Widgets Magazine
Page 450 of 485 FirstFirst ... 350400445446447448449450451452453454455 ... LastLast
Results 11,226 to 11,250 of 12103

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Looks like "Thunder" is being spelled out on the tower tonight in changing colors.

If anyone can snap a photo, that would be cool.

Blog Entries

It's kinda hard to see, but it does say Thunder:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	.JPG 
Views:	375 
Size:	259.5 KB 
ID:	3642

Also, it's rotating with "Go":

Name:	106_5181.JPG 
Views:	266 
Size:	240.3 KB 
ID:	3640
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	106_5182.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	268.2 KB 
ID:	3641  
    Last edited by shawnw; 04-15-2013 at 09:45 PM. Reason: wrong pic

Thanks Shawn!

When I saw it on the webcam before, it was the letters with a dark background. Obviously, they are getting ready for the playoffs.

But you can also see the LED's in the three sides of the crown are still very messed up.

So there is a table with laptops and two guys sitting in the gardens near that new crosswalk (as of around 10pm). It appeared they were running diagnostics on the LEDs via wireless or a connection to the sidewalk somewhere.

So I am pretty sure they are working on it almost 24/7 right now. Probably rushing for playoffs. The crane and physical labor was deployed this afternoon.

Yes, they probably have to get some distance to see what is happening on the outside.

But you can see from Shawn's photos (if you look at the hi-res versions) that there are still tons of panels on the sides that are out of commission.

Hope they get it all worked out soon. There are tons of capabilities we have yet to see.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    It's kinda hard to see, but it does say Thunder:

Name:	.JPG 
Views:	375 
Size:	259.5 KB 
ID:	3642

Also, it's rotating with "Go":

Name:	106_5181.JPG 
Views:	266 
Size:	240.3 KB 
ID:	3640
    Nice shots. To be honest, I can't make out the word "Thunder" (or any other word, for that matter) no matter how long I stare at that or squint.

But I'm glad they're trying.

7. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

It's spelled vertically in light blue on the dark blue background. The "E" is just above the St. Anthony blue neon light. Work your way up.

Quote Originally Posted by Praedura View Post
    Nice shots. To be honest, I can't make out the word "Thunder" (or any other word, for that matter) no matter how long I stare at that or squint.

But I'm glad they're trying.
    Look for the N about halfway down that is in the inset...It's in yellow and the rest of the lighting is blue.

9. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Alright....Thoooonnnnnday!

The LED system seems like it will be a maintence nightmare for Devon. It wouldn't surprise me if they give up on actually programming anything a few years from now and just keep it one color just so they can make it look halfway decent.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    The LED system seems like it will be a maintence nightmare for Devon. It wouldn't surprise me if they give up on actually programming anything a few years from now and just keep it one color just so they can make it look halfway decent.
    Actually, once they get all the fixtures working, LED is almost zero maintenance.

But it has been like an epic poem to get this lighting project done.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Actually, once they get all the fixtures working, LED is almost zero maintenance.

But it has been like an epic poem to get this lighting project done.
    I think he might have been referring to the "technical" part of it. Possibly continuing problems with coding, programing, computers and what not. At least, thats what I would think.

LOL it will never get done. Devon got jipped big time by whatever LED company sold these to them.

15. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

More than probably any conversation on this board, the LED discussion associated with Devon Tower reminds me of lyrics to "Ten Thousand Words" by The Avett Brothers:

...Ain’t it like most people? I’m no different
    We love to talk on things we don’t know about...

My guess would be that Devon has to identify the problem with each light before they can begin to order more from the supplier. The supplier probably doesn't have any extra just laying around since this was such a specialized project, and will then have to produce the specific amount the Devon needs to have replaced due to mechanical failure. So I'm guessing once the ball gets rolling on replacement it won't be very long. I just prefer to laugh about it since somebody obviously laid a giant egg.

I know people at the company doing the lighting.

All the fixtures are custom, so they are not only replacing / fixing those that were damaged during install, they are making a bunch of extras for any future needs.

They really want to be substantially done in the next two weeks and will have people on-site working hard.

The LED fixtures were integrated into the window panels and many were damaged during installation. Unfortunately, they could only be tested once a floor was largely complete and all the other trades were out of the way. The lighting contractor will be the last to leave the job site.

I'd rather see Thunder banners on our buildings than to struggle to identify what the letters say on the sides of Devon. They are doing the most with the least. -__-

Blog Entries

They seem to be working on it every night. Lots of interesting things were going on tonight (including a more readable "Thunder"), didn't have a chance to get a pic or video, sorry.

...from 63rd & Robinson I noticed the tower about 10 mins ago... holy crap the LED's seem EXTREMELY bright compared to what I've seen in the past. I was viewing it directly from the north and could see an extremely bright pink display... which typically when viewed from that angle, one doesn't notice the lights as much. Pete, in the past you had mentioned that the LED's were capable of being brighter than what we had seen so far... is this still the case?

Quote Originally Posted by pw405 View Post
    ...from 63rd & Robinson I noticed the tower about 10 mins ago... holy crap the LED's seem EXTREMELY bright compared to what I've seen in the past. I was viewing it directly from the north and could see an extremely bright pink display... which typically when viewed from that angle, one doesn't notice the lights as much. Pete, in the past you had mentioned that the LED's were capable of being brighter than what we had seen so far... is this still the case?
    Yes, the typical mode is only a fraction of the maximum amount of brightness.

The contractor is busting tail trying to get the system fully operational for the NBA playoffs.

Why were you downtown @ 2am on a Thursday?! Just kidding, but yes I have seen the techs out in the Gardens area setup with laptops and programming devices at night.

From my place in midtown, I have a front row seat to the view the testing. I don't know all of what they've done, but the building looks fantastic, even with some kinks they still need to work out. Much better than the lighting that was on the building originally. They are very bright and vivid. Also the "Go Thunder" scrolling was being tested last night and it looked great. I couldn't find my camera in time, but it will look great on television.

They are spelling out THUNDER again tonight on the building... Looks much sharper.

Can anyone get some good photos and/or video??

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Why were you downtown @ 2am on a Thursday?! Just kidding, but yes I have seen the techs out in the Gardens area setup with laptops and programming devices at night.
    I work nights this week and was on lunch break!

Thread Information