Widgets Magazine
Page 385 of 485 FirstFirst ... 285335380381382383384385386387388389390435 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,625 of 12121

Thread: Devon Energy Center

1. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

I had not been to the north side in 9 months to a year. Completely different looking. The parking garage elevators are all granite (marble?) and stainless steel. Very nice.

2. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercitizen View Post
    You've been working your glasses off. Thanks, Will.
    I actually Laughed Out Loud on that one!

Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Devon tower was known as Devon pit exactly two years ago. Courtesy of okcmomentum .
    March 3, 2010

Bonus: Devon tower ready to rise and roughly two years away from being occupied. Again, courtesy of okcmomentum.
    March 23, 2010

Did we ever determine what the indentation on the triangles was for?

Not sure if already posted. But Flint (colcord bar/restaurant) opens April 9th

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Not sure if already posted. But Flint (colcord bar/restaurant) opens April 9th
    That's exciting, although I still mourn the loss of a La Baguette within walking distance.

7. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Took about 200 this morning. Will be up in a while.

8. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    That's exciting, although I still mourn the loss of a La Baguette within walking distance.
    I wonder if I ever served you, I worked there from the time it was Soleil, then La Baguette.... and also when it became the Colcord Cafe.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    So true, Betts! Heck, I still miss the old Oyster bar - all those drunken mollusks weaving down Robinson...

More about the Colcord... Looks like the extension that is linked to Devon Tower will be open in April as well.

Wow, the construction crews on these projects are incredibly fast!

Flint restaurant and bar opens in April and will feature an upscale, casual dining experience perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Flint has a large patio with plenty of seating perfect for cocktails under the stars or for a quick bite to eat before a game.
    • New one-of-a-kind indoor/outdoor meeting and event space will be available in April as well. This modern space features 2 ballrooms with high end finishes and a soft gray, silver and cream color palette ideal for weddings and corporate events.

11. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

March 3 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Did we ever determine what the indentation on the triangles was for?
    Good question

13. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

I like the indentation in the triangles. I bet it will really look cool with the LED.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Quote Originally Posted by Beastboii View Post
    Good question
    I don't think the indentations are "for" anything. It's just a design element.

15. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Looks like my camcorder I've used for all the videos since Aug 2010 needs to be sent in for repair, where ever that is. Just when I was wanting to pick that back up again. The new 2012 model is available later this month. Not sure what to do with it. So... no more video for me until I somehow get this taken care of. There's still stuff from weeks ago I was needed to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    I like the indentation in the triangles. I bet it will really look cool with the LED.
    I would be willing to bet the indentation is for the LED lights to reflect off of. I think the metal fins serve the same purpose. The LEDs actually reflect from them, which is why they look brighter from the sides than they do when viewed straight on. The only other plausible reason is for rain drainage, but without the indendation I don't thinknrain would have any problem draining. Thoughts anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by pw405 View Post
    The only other plausible reason is for rain drainage, but without the indendation I don't thinknrain would have any problem draining. Thoughts anyone?
    I was thinking about this myself. I'm wondering if with the degree of slope of the crown and how it meets up in the middle of the two planes on the side if it would create a waterfall effect with runoff without having a recessed indention. Perhaps that is why there is a recess in the bottom of the crown. Or there could be lighting in the recess which would light up the crown spectacularly.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner View Post
    I was thinking about this myself. I'm wondering if with the degree of slope of the crown and how it meets up in the middle of the two planes on the side if it would create a waterfall effect with runoff without having a recessed indention. Perhaps that is why there is a recess in the bottom of the crown. Or there could be lighting in the recess which would light up the crown spectacularly.
    This is what I'm hoping for.

It's weird, because it's difficult to see a recess in any of the renderings, although the early model they had created seems to have those indentations.

I've been told there is going to be "a ton" of LED lighting in the crown, which I took to mean much more than just using the fins, as they have on the building indentions.

20. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

March 4 2012

That utility crane is very cool...

But I imagine you have to get into the window-washing basket on the roof, have it lift you up, then extend until it's dangling out in front of the building like it is shown here... I would have a complete heart attack!

22. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

No kidding. I'm not especially afraid of heights, but I looked at that thing and tinkled a little.

I know this has been discussed on the thread before, but I can't remember what the answer was. What is that horrid looking group of metal/white buildings just southeast of downtown...that has the stench when you drive by? It is horrible looking driving along the new I-40 and ruins the view of the skyline. I believe someone said there are plans to tear this down...has this been 100% confirmed, and do we know when? Thanks!

Producers Cooperative Oil Mill, they bought the old Firestone/Bridgestone tire factory with plans to move to it eventually, the only thing I remember on when was they expected it would take years and did not have dates on when they expected to get all the approvals required to modify the facility or the actual move

That is the cotton seed mill. They have already bought the old Dayton Tire Plant on Council south of I-40 to move their operations to.

Thread Information