Widgets Magazine
Page 377 of 485 FirstFirst ... 277327372373374375376377378379380381382427477 ... LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,425 of 12103

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Yes! Plus the downtown workforce is really growing...

SandRidge is adding tons of people and Continental is moving hundreds in a couple of months.

The improvements to the parks, crosswalks and sidewalks will certainly be more inviting and we'll just have more people down there in general.

I think the east crane is gone. I saw the mobile crane when I got off work with the east crane still there. I cant see it now on the construction cam but still see the mobile one.

ESPN is using old footage for the Boston game cause there's traffic both ways on the old I-40 alignment :-(

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    ESPN is using old footage for the Boston game cause there's traffic both ways on the old I-40 alignment :-(
    seen that!ohh well,great pr tho!

Does anyone know why 3/4 of the building isn't lit up, like at all??

Quote Originally Posted by skanaly View Post
    I noticed that too driving home tonight. It looks really strange. From a distance, the lighted area is about the same height as the Chase Tower making it look like a 30 or so story building. There are no lights at all on above about 25 or so. I guess there is no inside finish work going on at night any more.

is there a chance that the devon building could open earlier than planned?

Quote Originally Posted by yukong View Post
    I noticed that too driving home tonight. It looks really strange. From a distance, the lighted area is about the same height as the Chase Tower making it look like a 30 or so story building. There are no lights at all on above about 25 or so. I guess there is no inside finish work going on at night any more.
    Probably a power outage. Whether it was planned or unplanned is anyone's guess. They normally leave the lights on all the time.

They had said the first employees will move in around March 15th and I can't see how they can possibly do it sooner.

The lobby, rotunda, south entrance and most ground level elements are still a total mess.

Quote Originally Posted by skanaly View Post
    I got off work at 8 o'clock and the NW side of the tower had floors lit all the way to the mechanical floors so I have no clue what you're talking about.

when will it be fully opened and cmplete?

Next year

Are they going to have a grand opening where residents can take a full tour?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBoy18 View Post
    Are they going to have a grand opening where residents can take a full tour?
    No

The only access non employees will have to the area is the grounds, auditorium, rotunda and eventually the restaurant at the top.

Why not a grand opening?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBoy18 View Post
    Why not a grand opening?
    I would imagine because they're not finishing the building all at once and moving everyone in during the same week period. There will be people in the tower for close to or over a year before everything is "finished" (ie, everyone that currently has a spot is fully functional). In other words, the tower will already be in use.

Can you imagine the thousands of people that would want to trek through the building? I would be wary of that in my workplace...

I'm sure at some point they'll do a walk-through for media but it's such a massive project there will be lots of separate completion dates: when the first employees move in, when the lasts ones move in, when they open restaurants and/or retail in the Garden Wing, when the auditorium is complete, when they open the 50th-floor restaurant, when the LED lighting is finished, when the connection to the Colcord is complete, when the Colcord renovations are finalized, etc.

All these things will be happening over the next nine months or so.

When does the skydeck open?

If you mean the observation deck on the roof, Devon hasn't even spoken about this... I just came across those drawings because they were sent for admin approval to the Downtown Design Review Committee.

They will have the facilities for letting people up there but I doubt it will be very public. Probably just for their special guests, which the restaurant will be open to everyone.

There will be an 'open' period for each of the kind of openings that Pete mentioned, to some extent, but you can bet, after that, access will be very limited to the public. (Unless you have appointments w/ Devon of course). Security will be very high for areas that are non-public. Probably have to buy some sort of ticket to go to the restaurant or observation area.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    They had said the first employees will move in around March 15th and I can't see how they can possibly do it sooner.

The lobby, rotunda, south entrance and most ground level elements are still a total mess.
    a small number of IT staff and some security moved in this week

I was driving north on I-35 this morning around 7:15 and was almost blinded by the reflection off the building. Hopefully this will not cause too many accidents this summer! When you get a reflection like I saw this morning it is impossible not to take your eyes off the road and look at the tower.

Yellow crane is pulling apart the last of the red kangaroo crane. Really fun to watch!

with the cranes gone now, the skyline looks older, or is it just me? Seems like Devon Tower has been there all along...

Thread Information