Widgets Magazine
Page 376 of 485 FirstFirst ... 276326371372373374375376377378379380381426476 ... LastLast
Results 9,376 to 9,400 of 12103

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri101 View Post
    I picked up a couple of the larger chunks of glass and they had some heft to them. Falling from 30+ stories and landing on a vehicle - or worse, a head - would have caused damage and pain. Let's hope they take the OK winds into account before moving the crane out completely.
    The wind gusts in OKC were 50 mph yesterday - hell, they close marinas in Florida when winds hit 35 mph!
    Did you take any pics of damage or the glass you picked up?

2. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

No more construction/cranes on the Construction Cam. We've come a long way. Just standing there on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Good to see you Troypin! It's been a while.
    yea it has been. i've been to lazy to post anything

There is not a whole lot of need of making lots of extra windows with a solid company, even if they were all uniform. The company that made the glass for the state capital still had it's original specks on file, pushing near 90 years after it was built when they were replaced. With computers it is now even easier to manage/access long term histories.

Thanks for the info guys

Surely, Permasteelisa, the company who manufactures and installs the windows has some kind of numbering system for each of the windows? That way, they can just plug a # into their system and the specs are already stored for easy manufacture.

Its usually straight forward replacing glass unless the building is so old that particular manufacturing system isn't used anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Its usually straight forward replacing glass unless the building is so old that particular manufacturing system isn't used anymore.
    In this case, the building would not be so old that the manufacturing system is no longer used. [/sarcasm] LOL

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Did you take any pics of damage or the glass you picked up?
    No - I wish I had 'cause I knew someone would ask! I was more focussed on getting out of the office and getting home. Leaving today for short hop to NOLA, but will get some pics when I go back to work Monday. They are sitting on the building maintenence guys desk, next to the box of all the debris Devon has donated to our parking lot in past two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri101 View Post
    No - I wish I had 'cause I knew someone would ask! I was more focussed on getting out of the office and getting home. Leaving today for short hop to NOLA, but will get some pics when I go back to work Monday. They are sitting on the building maintenence guys desk, next to the box of all the debris Devon has donated to our parking lot in past two years.
    OK sounds good. Remember, the answer to anything on this site is always pictures. As they say, a picture is worth a 1000 words.

11. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Any chance of repositioning the camera so we can see the boom disassembled?

13. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

There's more... I just don't know whether I should post them without my name on them...

[/QUOTE]

This one is my favorite! It has the grittiness of Bricktown and the sleakness of the Devon Tower!

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    There's more... I just don't know whether I should post them without my name on them...
    Slap your name on them, you deserve it!

The webcam is pointed down to try and catch the final dis-assembly of the east crane.

Also, you can see the I-40 in the background... Very weird to see it completely abandoned.

I believe you can see half of the skydance bridge if you look closely.

they need to hurry up and blow up the old i 40, its now just an eye sore taking up space, and i feel like once you take down i 40 it will connect more of the south side of okc to the urban core.

I think it will come down pretty quickly now, as they have already made good progress on the east end.

They need the steel for other state bridge projects and that seems to have them motivated.

Since they are trying to reuse as much as possible, they have to take the time to take it apart section by section rather than just ripping it down or blowing it up.

20. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

I'm supposed to attend meeting with contractors and City in next couple of weeks outlining removal schedule. Will update then if appropriate for me to do so.

Ah, its good to see the white van again. (In the reflection off the new podium building)

Quote Originally Posted by oncendone View Post
    Ah, its good to see the white van again. (In the reflection off the new podium building)
    I noticed that too, lol.

23. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Went down there just now from about 3-4pm. Not a lot to see as far as damage. The windows are boarded up and look the same as the attachment points for the crane. It'll just go into the long queue of footage I have to edit.

I imagine once that east crane is completely removed -- likely in the next couple of days -- they will really kick into gear with all the ground level work, such as finishing the reflecting pool and most the park / entrance.

I'm sure they'll want that substantially complete before they start moving people in about three weeks from now.

Do you guys think that when the devon tower is fully opened and project 180 is complete it will bring more pedestrians to downtown okc?

Thread Information