Widgets Magazine
Page 352 of 485 FirstFirst ... 252302347348349350351352353354355356357402452 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,800 of 12103

Thread: Devon Energy Center

1. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by ZYX2 View Post
    To all those wondering about the pipe dream tower for Tulsa, I will post something in more detail in the Tulsa section of the forum tomorrow afternoon/evening. Trust me it will never happen....

No need to worry OKC! :-)
    Since you know it will never happen in such a confident way, does this mean this was the actual project all these rumors keep circulating about OKC's next tower? Are you saying the developers changed their mind and picked OKC instead?

Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

No. That's not what he's saying. At all.

3. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

If I'm following the thread right, I think he's saying that we're going to be getting a VERY LARGE new tower over by OUHSC via Photoshop. It's gonna be BANGIN' YO!

a couple of signage update at the DTDR

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	devon1.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	304.6 KB 
ID:	1086Click image for larger version. 

Name:	devon2.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	1085

Blog Entries

From this morning (1/13):

Good progress for just a couple days!

Quote Originally Posted by ZYX2 View Post
    To all those wondering about the pipe dream tower for Tulsa, I will post something in more detail in the Tulsa section of the forum tomorrow afternoon/evening. Trust me it will never happen....

No need to worry OKC! :-)
    I don't think anyone in OKC was the least bit worried about Tulsa building a 105 story tower. ;-)

7. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

I really want to pick up photography again (since 2006) and I'll gladly take $5,000 worth of donations!
    Until then... I'm formulating a final time lapse video at some point for the crown completion and cranes deconstruction.

8. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

9. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    I really want to pick up photography again (since 2006) and I'll gladly take $5,000 worth of donations!
    Until then... I'm formulating a final time lapse video at some point for the crown completion and cranes deconstruction.
    Just set up a topic and kickstart a donation drive. You will get a lot of donors, even a nice one from Pete. I will gladly give you some money.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    ...a 1400 ft taller would have a lot more than 74-75 stories...
    I know it has a 90(?)-ft spire at the top but the Bank of America Plaza in Atlanta is 1,023-ft tall and has only 55 stories, without the spire it's about the original height of Devon. The Al Hamra Tower in Kuwait City is 1,350-ft tall and has 77 stories so it's possible to have a 1,400-ft building with only 74-75 stories. Nowhere near being optimistic with the rumour of the "Chesapeake Tower" but the math is closer than it seems. Like I said before, I hope it's true but I have no reason to believe it.

Sorry, Back to topic...

I hope it's not true. I'd rather 2-3 more buildings smaller than Devon but larger than Chase to fill in the skyline...

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I hope it's not true. I'd rather 2-3 more buildings smaller than Devon but larger than Chase to fill in the skyline...
    That's the way a lot of people want it. Some want a supertall (for bragging rights), some want a few highrise/skyscrapers (for infill/urban feel), and others want both. I think the most possible to happen is 3+ highrises/skyscrapers get built before a supertall is even proposed and I'm sure most can agree with that.

If I had to choose between a single 50 story building, five 10-story building, or ten 5-story buildings I would go with the ten 5-story buildings. Tall buildings look great from a distance but at the street level I prefer human scale.

14. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

I'm in this camp. A few buildings to bridge the gap from relatively tiny skyline to Devon scale. Wider and taller skyline. Lot's of people get their impressions of OKC just driving through. The new crosstown, Skydance bridge, and Devon tower are massive improvements. A slightly more "balanced" skyline helps casual observers of OKC stop doubting, for instance, our ability to support an NBA team. Good impressions are a huge part of bringing businesses/transplants in, as well. Not really interested in having another Chesapeake campus downtown. Good architecture can bring human scale even to huge buildings. Admittedly, I don't plan to live downtown, so the compact urban feel doesn't do a whole lot for me personally...I know it does for some and that's fine.

15. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

(off topic)
    I'm looking to move to DSLR videography and photography again. Need to replace my old stuff from 2004. If anyone wants to help.
    http://www.gofundme.com/cq4aw

We could sure use a couple of 650' up to 700' towers in the skyline and then some more smaller buildings for density (Sandridge would be about right).

Last edited by Pete; 01-14-2012 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerwilliam View Post
    We could sure use a couple of 650' up to 700' towers in the skyline and then some more smaller buildings for density (Sandridge would be about right).
    This is the way I see it happening. I personally prefer this, I know I've made recent comments about wanting a supertall but I've voiced my opinion several times on this awhile back about wanting more density buildings that are smaller than Devon. It doesn't look right for there to be a bunch of 800-ft to 1,200-ft buildings with nothing smaller that doesn't already exist.

In the first photo that dmoor82 posted you can see where the cranes connect to Devon Tower because it's just black holes. LOL

21. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

I can't see it, Russell.

Awesome pics, Russell.

23. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

I see them now. Real nice!

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    (off topic)
    I'm looking to move to DSLR videography and photography again. Need to replace my old stuff from 2004. If anyone wants to help.
    http://www.gofundme.com/cq4aw
    I'm gonna have to do the same, I need a good 300mm lens so I can zoom the top of Devon and other towers better.

Quote Originally Posted by russellc View Post
    My pics from 1-12-13
    I can't believe you traveled a whole year into the future and the tower isn't done! ;-)

Thread Information