Widgets Magazine
Page 349 of 485 FirstFirst ... 249299344345346347348349350351352353354399449 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,725 of 12115

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Yep, next time ask for ID and take down their tag number and report it to the police.

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    So I'm doing video along Film Row for the RetroMetroOKC meeting. Minding my own business. I have my camera and tripod. I wasn't even going to do video at all because it's cloudy and cold. I'm across Joey's in front of the old Paramount Studios building. I hear this car pull up along side me in the street. I was going to ignore them but I turn my head and it's a black suburban and two guys in it. The passenger side guy says, "I'm CIA and I 've noticed you've been taking a lot of pictures and video around here and of Devon. I need to ask you what you're doing." I told him I'm doing video of Film Row for a historical group meeting across the street and that I've done video of Devon since it was five stories tall. That's all the two Jack Bauer wannabes said, then drove West and turned North on Shartel. If random people claiming to be whatever will stop and ask questions even on "Film Row", I guess you can't go anywhere without being bothered in this town. Off topic but still...

IMO- Call the cops and give them the license number. I can't imagine someone who is actually CIA coming out and stating such a thing on the street without displaying a badge. It's blatantly against the law if they were impersonators.

Next time, turn them in. That will at least teach them from harassing other citizen photographers.

I realize that we have had a bad history with terrorism, but that doesn't mean that we should allow goons to erode away our personal freedom and rights.

3. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Will is becoming more famous and with that, its becoming more dangerous. Those guys could have jumped him, stolen his equipment, and potentially leave him dying out there. I suggest that Will bring a friend each time from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder View Post
    will is becoming more famous and with that, its becoming more dangerous. Those guys could have jumped him, stolen his equipment, and potentially leave him dying out there. I suggest that will bring a friend each time from now on.

"ccw"

Not sure if this been covered on this thread or not but how in the world to crane operates get up into their cages...???? Anyone know?

6. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Steve Lackmeyer's professional opinion: They were bogus. I started to zoom in on their license plate when they drove off but had second thoughts because I thought they were for real. Didn't want them circling back. I did cuss them out under my breath and felt like flipping them off. If you notice, there are cameras on every single light on every single intersection there along Sheridan.

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    Not sure if this been covered on this thread or not but how in the world to crane operates get up into their cages...???? Anyone know?
    In the summer of 2010 in one of my first few videos, I zoomed in one a guy taking a break from climbing the stairs all the way up the crane. I've also noticed in one of the time lapse videos, they can get up and walk all the way across the top.

EDIT: Here ya go.

7. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

1 - That's not a Suburban

2 - I'd have told 'em to produce ID, then told them to GTFO (get yourself a Photographer's Rights card so you can quote pertinent laws when questioned)

3 - I'm a monumental ass to people that confront me like that for no reason, so don't do what I say

8. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

I just remembered this morning that the one guy did show an ID but I barely glanced at it. I couldn't remember what kind of vehicle it was when I got on here on an iPad while I was waiting for the meeting to start. This whole thing probably should go in the RetroMetro thread but I put it here because of the amount of people who check this thread.

9. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Will is becoming more famous and with that, its becoming more dangerous. Those guys could have jumped him, stolen his equipment, and potentially leave him dying out there. I suggest that Will bring a friend each time from now on.
    This sounds totally silly at first, but it would be nice to have another witness when people push me around or start asking me questions. It's impractical though.

10. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

That just kills me though. Why in the hell would somebody claim CIA? As said above, they don't operate in the US. Homeland security and the FBI are the ones with teeth around these parts. Them, and local law enforcement of course.

Steve Lackmeyer's professional opinion: They were bogus. I started to zoom in on their license plate when they drove off but had second thoughts because I thought they were for real. Didn't want them circling back. I did cuss them out under my breath and felt like flipping them off. If you notice, there are cameras on every single light on every single intersection there along Sheridan.

In the summer of 2010 in one of my first few videos, I zoomed in one a guy taking a break from climbing the stairs all the way up the crane. I've also noticed in one of the time lapse videos, they can get up and walk all the way across the top.

EDIT: Here ya go.

For one thing, CIA agents wouldn't be driving aroung in a vehicle with an Oklahoma license plate. If they did, its because they want to stay covert and announcing themselves defeats that purpose. Also, you will find yourself dead or secretly locked away if the CIA has business with you.

You can almost make out the dealership they bought the car from.

Blog Entries

So I'm doing video along Film Row for the RetroMetroOKC meeting. Minding my own business. I have my camera and tripod. I wasn't even going to do video at all because it's cloudy and cold. I'm across Joey's in front of the old Paramount Studios building. I hear this car pull up along side me in the street. I was going to ignore them but I turn my head and it's a black suburban and two guys in it. The passenger side guy says, "I'm CIA and I 've noticed you've been taking a lot of pictures and video around here and of Devon. I need to ask you what you're doing." I told him I'm doing video of Film Row for a historical group meeting across the street and that I've done video of Devon since it was five stories tall. That's all the two Jack Bauer wannabes said, then drove West and turned North on Shartel. If random people claiming to be whatever will stop and ask questions even on "Film Row", I guess you can't go anywhere without being bothered in this town. Off topic but still...
    Just someone messin with you. This is so un CIA or FBI it is laughable. Trust me, if they are trying to do something they do it, not play amateur games. Doesn't even look like a FBI staffers auto. CIA doesn't drive around in black Chevys.

This sounds totally silly at first, but it would be nice to have another witness when people push me around or start asking me questions. It's impractical though.

A camera is your best friend in this type of situation. One can easily read the license plate on the vehicle, you should advise police, just for their own records.
    My bet would be it's a cheap-jack security detail (rent-a-cop) who may have seen you before.

in context, CIA might merely stand for Cheeky Inquisitive Arse

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    in context, CIA might merely stand for Cheeky Inquisitive Arse
    +1

I'm betting that's more likely.

I'd go out on a limb here, betting that those guys were legit, looking out for everyones best interest........remember we've already had an incident back in '95...........................

It appears windows are going in on the crown's north side triangle

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I'd go out on a limb here, betting that those guys were legit, looking out for everyones best interest........remember we've already had an incident back in '95...........................
    Thats just not how the CIA operates though. Their not going to randomly tell people to stop taking pictures of some tower that isn't even high on a hit list. If they really thought William was going to do something they would follow him and gather more information.

Enough of the fake CIA stuff... Back to discussing Devon Tower please.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Enough of the fake CIA stuff... Back to discussing Devon Tower please.
    Thank you

I just now happened to log onto the Oklahoman sponsored webcam of the tower and it looked like the workers had begun installing the glass cladding on the north side triangle. Went to look out my window and that's exactly what's happening. As of now, they are working on the 2nd level, up from the bottom of the triangle.

The work can also be seen from the OKC Talk camera....

Sooooooooooooooooooo, that camera actually works?! Everytime I log on, it's OFFLINE!

Yeah, the glass stopped for a while because the glass company was behind construction because the building is going up ahead of schedule. They would have been done glassing the building in if they had the glass to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
    Yeah, the glass stopped for a while because the glass company was behind construction because the building is going up ahead of schedule. They would have been done glassing the building in if they had the glass to do it.
    I noticed they were putting in the glass very slowly and at times would go a week or more without putting in any glass. Now we know why.

Thread Information