Widgets Magazine
Page 348 of 485 FirstFirst ... 248298343344345346347348349350351352353398448 ... LastLast
Results 8,676 to 8,700 of 12103

Thread: Devon Energy Center

1. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Short skyline shot

January 7 2012

Neighborhood and street I grew up on.

Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Carter Drive?

3. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Yep.
    New banner.

Notice the Finish Line Tower and Devon Boathouse in the zoom shot.

4. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Could someone take a picture of the downtown skyline from the new Crosstown. I drove on it Saturday and not to long after getting on the new section I noticed a great skyline view! Thanks

6. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

I like the view from the bridge at Western.

Blog Entries

So close...

What makes me even happier is that they have put in more glass since those pictures were taken. BTW, awesome pics. Are you the photographer, shawnw?

9. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by soonerwilliam View Post
    Could someone take a picture of the downtown skyline from the new Crosstown. I drove on it Saturday and not to long after getting on the new section I noticed a great skyline view! Thanks
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks worthy cook for the pics. The first (top) one was what I noticed on Sat. I think even farther back west heading east was what I was thinking of as a great shot. Thanks so much for taking the time to snap the pictures.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MDot View Post
    What makes me even happier is that they have put in more glass since those pictures were taken. BTW, awesome pics. Are you the photographer, shawnw?
    Yes. I took those particular pictures on Saturday (1/7).

For those interested, I try to take somewhat regular (not as much lately due crown-slowness) pics from the same perspective, which I post here: http://goo.gl/4GjI

The skyline view of OKC downtown needs updated on the state of Oklahoma Wikipedia page (not OKC Wikipedia). Hopefully someone can do this when they get a chance. Thanks!

I was driving south on Broadway Extension about 8am Thursday morning and Devin made it where a second sun was shining. I definitely won't be forgetting my sunglasses again!

Quote Originally Posted by soonerwilliam View Post
    The skyline view of OKC downtown needs updated on the state of Oklahoma Wikipedia page (not OKC Wikipedia). Hopefully someone can do this when they get a chance. Thanks!
    I think they should at least wait until the crown is completed, and cranes come down.

This morning, it looked like they have started mounting the exterior glass on the crown.

Yep, noticed that to....

Quote Originally Posted by BB37 View Post
    This morning, it looked like they have started mounting the exterior glass on the crown.
    Which side?

North

Pics?

I think this is a pretty cool video: http://www.flickr.com/photos/soonermike88/6647324101/

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    North
    Sho nuff! The tower cam is working again and you can just barely make it out...

Oh, I see it now.

23. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

So I'm doing video along Film Row for the RetroMetroOKC meeting. Minding my own business. I have my camera and tripod. I wasn't even going to do video at all because it's cloudy and cold. I'm across Joey's in front of the old Paramount Studios building. I hear this car pull up along side me in the street. I was going to ignore them but I turn my head and it's a black suburban and two guys in it. The passenger side guy says, "I'm CIA and I 've noticed you've been taking a lot of pictures and video around here and of Devon. I need to ask you what you're doing." I told him I'm doing video of Film Row for a historical group meeting across the street and that I've done video of Devon since it was five stories tall. That's all the two Jack Bauer wannabes said, then drove West and turned North on Shartel. If random people claiming to be whatever will stop and ask questions even on "Film Row", I guess you can't go anywhere without being bothered in this town. Off topic but still...

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    So I'm doing video along Film Row for the RetroMetroOKC meeting. Minding my own business. I have my camera and tripod. I wasn't even going to do video at all because it's cloudy and cold. I'm across Joey's in front of the old Paramount Studios building. I hear this car pull up along side me in the street. I was going to ignore them but I turn my head and it's a black suburban and two guys in it. The passenger side guy says, "I'm CIA and I 've noticed you've been taking a lot of pictures and video around here and of Devon. I need to ask you what you're doing." I told him I'm doing video of Film Row for a historical group meeting across the street and that I've done video of Devon since it was five stories tall. That's all the two Jack Bauer wannabes said, then drove West and turned North on Shartel. If random people claiming to be whatever will stop and ask questions even on "Film Row", I guess you can't go anywhere without being bothered in this town. Off topic but still...
    I would doubt CIA personnel would come up and say..."I'm CIA"...especially since they only do work outside the USA and are forbidden by law to do anything within the country with US citizens. Still, one has to wonder what kind of people would want to pretend this way. The black Suburban is a pitiful prop, I think.

Real persons wanting to surveil you would never identify themselves and would drive a white Nissan Altima.

you should have gotten the tag. Pretty sure impersonating leo is a crime, since they said CIA it is probably a federal crime

Thread Information