Widgets Magazine
Page 345 of 484 FirstFirst ... 245295340341342343344345346347348349350395445 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,625 of 12098

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

It's Devon's Canadian branch, IIRC.

^^Yea guy's I said that in my post and it's also in the link.Not a big deal,I just thought it was cool I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    ^^Yea guy's I said that in my post and it's also in the link.Not a big deal,I just thought it was cool I guess.
    For those of us who read your post and the link, we know. LOL and it is cool; there's a Devon Tower in Oklahoma City, a Devon Tower (apartments) in Pittsburgh, and now a Devon Tower in Calgary. There's another Devon Tower in Houston but it's called Devon Energy Tower (same difference); but for the record, I believe our Devon Tower's official name is Devon Energy Center.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    It's Devon's Canadian branch, IIRC.
    I read that part of the article wrong, I thought it was Devon Canada that was spread out through 3 different buildings in Calgary before moving into the Canterra (Devon) Tower but it was Canterra and they built the tower to fit all the employees under 1 roof. Still ironically similar though. LOL

Merry Christmas to the both of you. =)

4. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Url?

^^Man ohhh man you cant buy that kind of pr!Our city is starting to shine!

I like how the MBG tube is all lit up.....never noticed until the screen capture.

^^Man ohhh man you cant buy that kind of pr!
    Precisely!

10. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Let me see, I can identify NYC, LA, Dallas (home to defending world champs and Dirk or it might not have been there), Shanghai and OKC. What did I miss? Thanks again, KD.

Imagine that shot with the tower all lit up in Thunder colors!

We'll for sure be seeing that later in the season.

12. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

I wish we could "like" people's posts. Cuz I like what Pete just said.

Is Cheseapeake Arena photoshopped in that picture to leave out the construction on the southside of the arena?

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    Is Cheseapeake Arena photoshopped in that picture to leave out the construction on the southside of the arena?
    I don't think so, if you look real close on the sw corner, you can make out an elevator shaft...it's a bit lighter in color and partially covers the second window left to right.

It's there. Hard to see though.

You can right click, view image to make it bigger.

It looks like it is in their, since the shots of the arenas are not impacted by the contract agreement for scheduling they might have been done before filming the players so could also have been earlier in construction.

17. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Doesn't appear to be. Watching in HD you can see the mobile cranes and the steel girder skeleton of the new entrance. They are completely in the shadows though, which could be a post-production effect. Unfortunate for Chesapeake that the sign on the arena also wasn't lit in the shot. Looks like perhaps the same for Staples, but the American Airlines logo was lit up on the AAC, so doesn't appear that the logos were darkened on purpose.

^^Notice that the Crosses arent up either!That would make it late November or early December!Infact,it was probably done the same time KD did his paint the town Nike ad.

Infact,it was probably done the same time KD did his paint the town Nike ad.
    It was, my brother-in-law worked on both of them and he was telling us about working on both commercials at the same time.

20. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

It would have been filmed at the same time that the KD-only commercial from that same Nike "Spotlight" campaign was. Darnell Mayberry reported on the details of that commercial in late October (which made KD a little grouchy on Twitter), and it broke the first of November. So filming was probably done in August or September. I think there is some info out there regarding exactly WHEN, but I'm too lazy to seek it out.

21. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Geez. Everyone is a step ahead of me. Not that that is any different than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    It would have been filmed at the same time that the KD-only commercial from that same Nike "Spotlight" campaign was. Darnell Mayberry reported on the details of that commercial in late October (which made KD a little grouchy on Twitter), and it broke the first of November. So filming was probably done in August or September. I think there is some info out there regarding exactly WHEN, but I'm too lazy to seek it out.
    They were filmed October 21 & 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Geez. Everyone is a step ahead of me. Not that that is any different than usual.
    LOL, sorry. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    They were filmed October 21 & 22.
    I couldn't remember for sure when it was but now that you say that I remembered that he told us on my birthday which is October 25th. Good job Bellaboo. LOL

when is the grand entrance of the chesapeke arena going to be done?

Thread Information