Widgets Magazine
Page 284 of 485 FirstFirst ... 184234279280281282283284285286287288289334384 ... LastLast
Results 7,076 to 7,100 of 12123

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

OKC-UP by:velotta.bill from Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/33173530@N03/

2. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    Because the indentions represent a much smaller area but still allow for lots of effects that run the entire height of the building. Also, I'm told there will be a ton of lighting in the crown, which will be the most visible part. The cost is all about lineal feet of LED.
    i thought all the fins had the LEDs in them... do they serve another purpose?

Exclamation Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

how tall is the devon tower currently? does anyone know?

4. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Anyone know if the area above the "V" on the webcam view will be an open area for viewing or something like that? Perhaps to do with the restaurant?

Does anyone know what that construction is by the Sandrige building? Or if there is any? I heard a while back that they were building something but never heard anything else about that subject .....

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    Anyone know if the area above the "V" on the webcam view will be an open area for viewing or something like that? Perhaps to do with the restaurant?
    In the plans those places are called 'lanterns'. My guess is they will be the location of something used for illumination of the crown or as some kind of visual feature. I guess we will know when they get around to putting the glass in to see if it is inside or outside.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBoy18 View Post
    Does anyone know what that construction is by the Sandrige building? Or if there is any? I heard a while back that they were building something but never heard anything else about that subject .....
    See the Sandridge thread

It seems that very little is going on at the top of the tower.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mike63 View Post
    It seems that very little is going on at the top of the tower.
    While it is much slower, things are definitely changing. Below, you can see the gradual changes happening at the top throughout July (sorry, not as cool as the videos that are posted).

July 2

July 11

July 18

July 24

Aug 1

Now that we are into the crown, there are effectively four level-type stages left to go before the building tops out.

They each will look similar in that they will appear to have a floor/roof but they will be for mechanical and/or just ornamental.

Hopefully they can still complete one a week and top out by the end of this month.

Sorry for my rather poor add-ons to this photo but this is what I'm seeing:

+3 more floors?

On that last picture from shawnw, it looks like there is a tall steel beam that is taller than any floor height would be. It would be more likely that the mechanical levels are one big steel area that is a part of the crowns structure. I bet that steel beam sticking up is the maximum height of the skeleton frame of the building. That beams height just looks about right with respects to how tall the building should be. I took two straight lines with the pictures, which one aligns with the V beams and the other line is aligned to the beams that are on each side of the 3 faces of the building. And where those two lines cross each other, is where the crowns tip is and it is just a millimeter or so taller than that steel beam. Interesting, if that beam is the tip!!

Or that beam is exactly the height of two stories of the mechanical room!! Does anyone think that we will start seeing a lot of these beams shoot up quickly. Steel work is faster than concrete and all the bends of the structure at the crown will be cooler to see being built.

it will be bittersweet though. cranes will go down soon, no more structure rising, but at least we will be moving closer to people moving in and a more active streetlife downtown.

I don't think that picture from OKCis4me is accurate. Look at where the V beams meet the center columns!!! It takes 3 floors for the V beams to meet it, and in the real pictures, it only took 2 floors for them to meet. Meaning under the drawing, the V beam meets the center beam on the ceiling of the 50th floor, where the actual buildings has them meeting on the 49th ceiling

it will be bittersweet though. cranes will go down soon, no more structure rising
    This is so true. I think some of us are going to have withdrawals from having tracked this project for so long.

I've noticed that I'm often disappointed when something is completed... That the thrill of imagining and watching it be built is actually more fun than the finished product.

The good news is there are plenty of other projects plus lots more to come. But there is nothing quite like a high-rise and I hope there are more in our immediate future.

Quote Originally Posted by holm1231 View Post
    On that last picture from shawnw, it looks like there is a tall steel beam that is taller than any floor height would be. It would be more likely that the mechanical levels are one big steel area that is a part of the crowns structure. I bet that steel beam sticking up is the maximum height of the skeleton frame of the building. That beams height just looks about right with respects to how tall the building should be. I took two straight lines with the pictures, which one aligns with the V beams and the other line is aligned to the beams that are on each side of the 3 faces of the building. And where those two lines cross each other, is where the crowns tip is and it is just a millimeter or so taller than that steel beam. Interesting, if that beam is the tip!!
    I believe what you are seeing is the concrete boom and not a steel beam. The pictures before the last show it bent over with the sections all folded nicely.

18. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

I actually look forward to it being done, having invested an incredible amount in the progress. Even when the crown in finished, they still gotta deconstruct the bucket hoists and add windows all the way down and also the points where the cranes attached.

Also, it will be very, very cool to see what develops in the Garden Wing in terms of restaurants and even retail. And I can't wait to actually be able to go inside the rotunda, go to the top and see the restaurant, see how the addition/renovation turns out with the Colcord, etc.

There are still plenty of things that will be unfolding for at least a year after the building tops out.

And by then, I hope we have at least one other high-rise to be tracking.

does anyone know how tall it will be when it reaches full height?

As requested by Thunder, here are two pictures from the air I took this afternoon. They have pretty poor quality, they were taken with my cellphone camera.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...080200272.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...080200271.jpg/

You can click the photo to display the large versions.

Enjoy.

22. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Another point: Almost nothing ever in the history of OKC will take this long to build. Everything else will seem like it pops up overnight.

23. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by holm1231 View Post
    I don't think that picture from OKCis4me is accurate. Look at where the V beams meet the center columns!!! It takes 3 floors for the V beams to meet it, and in the real pictures, it only took 2 floors for them to meet. Meaning under the drawing, the V beam meets the center beam on the ceiling of the 50th floor, where the actual buildings has them meeting on the 49th ceiling
    Holm, it's a rendering. It was released by the company. If you look back a few (or several) pages at some high quality still frame shots from some of UnFrSaKn's videos, you'll notice the floor that the very bottom of the V starts in is labeled as the 47th floor, hence the last completed floor is the 50th, not the 49th. Also, that thing that looks like a steel beam is in the very place as the concrete pumper, which they're probably still using to seal the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    This is so true. I think some of us are going to have withdrawals from having tracked this project for so long.
    It was like this for me after BPS was completed. At least the IPF will be starting soon enough and I can go on with the next big project!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike63 View Post
    I believe what you are seeing is the concrete boom and not a steel beam. The pictures before the last show it bent over with the sections all folded nicely.
    Those pictures were taken a week apart from each other, and that beam is perfectly straight. The boom has joints and is not solid and would be impossible for a boom to be that straight up the air. But I see now that the boom could be leaning away from that view and appearing to be straight. My mistake!!

Thread Information