Widgets Magazine
Page 281 of 485 FirstFirst ... 181231276277278279280281282283284285286331381 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,025 of 12103

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Because the indentions represent a much smaller area but still allow for lots of effects that run the entire height of the building. Also, I'm told there will be a ton of lighting in the crown, which will be the most visible part. The cost is all about lineal feet of LED.

Remember there are indentions on three sides so from most angles you will be able to see two of them plus the crown.

As cool as it would be to have the capability for the whole building -- and this is what I was really hoping for -- at some point Devon has to be responsible to their shareholders and employees and not go completely over the top.

2. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

It would be cool if there was a glow that started near the bottom, then went to the crown and then pulsed or glowed and repeated. Slowly of course.

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    From this morning (7:30-9:30am)

When I saw this from a distance, I thought my eyes were playing tricks.
    I'm confused...I feel like I'm playing Where's Waldo, but then again, I had a short sleep last night. I see the load that the crane is lifting but other than that and what it is, I have no clue what you're referring to...

4. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

I think he is talking about the long white thingy hanging from the load.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    UnFrSaKn, its real kool to see the top so clearly. I couldn't do that with my phone as it gets a bit fuzzy the more I zoom in.

As for the crane operators, do they have to climb the whole distance or do they take an elevator to a point then climb the rest of the distance to the top?
    They take the construction hoist up to the top and climb the rest of way. That would be a brutal climb to make every day.

6. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I'm confused...I feel like I'm playing Where's Waldo, but then again, I had a short sleep last night. I see the load that the crane is lifting but other than that and what it is, I have no clue what you're referring to...
    You didn't see the photo right after this?

7. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Anyone know about about how high the cranes are now? (1000 feet?)

8. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by sgfx View Post
    I think that should be a record for Devon to have broken for Oklahoma...the height of a crane.

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    You didn't see the photo right after this?
    To me, it looks like a pallet with a long white cord hanging freely. Still don't know what it is...

Quote Originally Posted by sgfx View Post
    My nextdoor neighbor is a crane operator and he told me they are currently at 1,080'ft!

11. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    My nextdoor neighbor is a crane operator and he told me they are currently at 1,080 'ft!
    Sounds like high definition.

Apologies

Hey pete look at Unforsaken's first photo, you can see that on floor 49 and 50, the actual floor on 50 does not go all the way to the edge. So basically if we were on floor 50, we can look down off a balcony or rail to the 49th floor below. So if the restaurant is on these two floors, then we would be able to see this in person. Does anyone else see how there is an opening from those two floors on that first pic?

14. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

BDP, in that picture, it feels like that tower is the only one OKC has. lol

15. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by holm1231 View Post
    Hey pete look at Unforsaken's first photo, you can see that on floor 49 and 50, the actual floor on 50 does not go all the way to the edge. So basically if we were on floor 50, we can look down off a balcony or rail to the 49th floor below. So if the restaurant is on these two floors, then we would be able to see this in person. Does anyone else see how there is an opening from those two floors on that first pic?
    I have not seen a mention for any plans to have balconies up there. If so, I'd love to be the first up there to take pictures. lol

That will be cool if we are on the 49th floor and we can look up all the way to the top of the crown in that section between the Veered beams. Don't spell check me people if I spelled that wrong! LOL

Holm, you make my head hurt ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I have not seen a mention for any plans to have balconies up there. If so, I'd love to be the first up there to take pictures. lol
    I am not meaning a balcony that is hanging off the side of the building. In that picture I see that the 50th "floor" doesnt go all the way to the edge, while the 49th does. It is only in that area where the beams are slanted. Look at that pic and hopefully you can image it. Plus, I dont think any of us have actually seen a floor plan for every floor at the top. Why not have a two story restaurant and has a way to have an opening to the lower level.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Holm, you make my head hurt ;-)
    My bad, its hard to explain pictures and architecture in a short phrase!

20. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

I understand exactly what you're talking about Holm. It appears that the last FULLY completed floor is open to the level below it, creating sort of a "mini" atrium within the crown. You can see it in the following UnFrSaKn picture in the 'V' section of the crown. It is hard to explain that feature without being well-versed in the specific knowledge of construction and architecture. Because I have no idea either.

On edit, I wonder if this is repeated in the other two 'V' sections as well. Because the next levels are following that change.

I see it too! Hooray for me!

I also notice that the last floor slab is thicker and those two columns directly adjacent to the V "notch" are not sitting directly on top of the columns beneath them and they also appear to be smaller. That would explain why that floor took a little bit longer.

AAAAAmazing. Who ever gets to wash this thing is going to be rich.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sheilaphillips/5939720941/

It almost looks cloaked!

24. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

July 29 2010

25. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Finishing up the July time lapse....

Thread Information