Widgets Magazine
Page 280 of 485 FirstFirst ... 180230275276277278279280281282283284285330380 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 7,000 of 12103

Thread: Devon Energy Center

1. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

That is a kool video. You can edit/trim a portion out with the free Windows Movie Maker or any other software.

2. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

I forgot to mention that anyone can feel free to use any pix to post on other forums and sites to show the latest progress.

3. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    That is a kool video. You can edit/trim a portion out with the free Windows Movie Maker or any other software.
    Appreciate the tip, but the video only renders in standard def to YouTube and to not an NLE.

Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Hey, Don't get all upset about what I am going to say, But I just thought that the west wing and the rotundra would look a little different then what we see in Thunders pictures. I know that the drawings and models made before construction is just that, and I really like the design of the window panels, but man it is a lot of the same over and over. I think the rotundra should have had the white beams on the outside like a skeleton, or have the w. wing have a little concrete showing. I don't hate it, but I think it is just too much of the same thing. On another note, It is interesting that they actually shifted the beams on this floor where the V beams would meet it. I thought the V beam would crossed the straight beam and they not build the straight beam above the V beam. Instead they are moving the beams over so that the V beam meets at the top of each adjusted straight beam.

Wow. That aerial shot is amazing. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by holm1231 View Post
    Hey, Don't get all upset about what I am going to say, But I just thought that the west wing and the rotundra would look a little different then what we see in Thunders pictures. I know that the drawings and models made before construction is just that, and I really like the design of the window panels, but man it is a lot of the same over and over. I think the rotundra should have had the white beams on the outside like a skeleton, or have the w. wing have a little concrete showing. I don't hate it, but I think it is just too much of the same thing. On another note, It is interesting that they actually shifted the beams on this floor where the V beams would meet it. I thought the V beam would crossed the straight beam and they not build the straight beam above the V beam. Instead they are moving the beams over so that the V beam meets at the top of each adjusted straight beam.
    I heard a rumor that the construction co. screwed up the beams on the taper. All construction was halted until the architect and engineers redesigned the upper floors that contain the mechanical equipment.

8. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Holm, it's rotunda.

Unforsaken, now did you get the arial? Awesome!

Thunder - awesome pictures!
    If I had known you were going to take pictures of my office window, I would have opened the blinds and waved!

Quote Originally Posted by oncendone View Post
    I heard a rumor that the construction co. screwed up the beams on the taper. All construction was halted until the architect and engineers redesigned the upper floors that contain the mechanical equipment.
    I don't think I believe that rumor. You would think they would check, double check, and for good measure triple check those columns.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Holm, it's rotunda.

Metro, it's How!! ^^
    Man you know what I meant and mispelled it, why would you just type that, I was wanting peoples thoughts about how the overall building looks, not a spellcheck for hitting the "r" button!!

holm, I tend to agree that there is a lot of sameness across the rotunda and garden wing structures but I want to see what it all looks like when complete.

The rotunda actually has more transparent glass and it also doesn't have the raised stainless bars framing the glass panels. Sections of the garden wing also have this same type of glazing. It will be interesting to see the finishes on the auditorium.

14. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri101 View Post
    Thunder - awesome pictures!
    If I had known you were going to take pictures of my office window, I would have opened the blinds and waved!
    Where?! Maybe if I zoom in, it may show you sitting at a desk.

Quote Originally Posted by oncendone View Post
    Even if it were true, the taper is somewhat inconsequential where it goes for the mechanical elements as long as the the core beams of are good since that is where the mechanical elements are. I have doubts that if it were off, it would be anything that will require much redesign.

16. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

I didn't expect this...

Every free account with Photobucket is allotted 10 GB of monthly
    bandwidth and our records show that you have less than 3 GB of
    bandwidth left to your account.
    The pix I took seem to be popular. :-O

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    holm, it's rotunda.

spell correction fail!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I didn't expect this...

The pix I took seem to be popular. :-O
    It is the file size. You probably uploaded 5 megapixel photos which are huge files. Every time someone opens this thread and sees the photos they get transfered and it counts against your bandwidth. You need to convert the files to a smaller file size before loading them to photobucket.

19. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    It is the file size. You probably uploaded 5 megapixel photos which are huge files. Every time someone opens this thread and sees the photos they get transfered and it counts against your bandwidth. You need to convert the files to a smaller file size before loading them to photobucket.
    Yeah, but I don't want less quality to be recorded into history. I could use my server, but its more work getting links than Photobucket's quick Direct Link copy/paste. The Pro account costs 25 bux a year, I'll look into that.

Good job, Thunder - Pics are nice.

21. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

No problem, its fun taking pix. Lord know I always love to take a lot of pix everywhere. lol

I just received a PM and discovered a shocking discovery. I want everyone to thank cameron_405 for his donation to set my Photobucket's account to Pro for the year! I didn't know that Photobucket could do the gift like that, so really thanks to him. The account was 500 megs away from suspension. lol I think not only here, but people are sharing the pix elsewhere, too, so now the pix will stay there without bandwidth limit. :-)

So, give thanks to cameron_405 for helping with the pictures to stay available for everyone else to enjoy. In a few weeks or so, I will go out there to take more pix (when crown is done). What I use is Samsung Epic with Sprint and it does a great job for a phone. lol

22. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

I came across a kool feature on Photobucket. Listing the Top 5.

Both tied at 515 Views

Some others ranging from about 500 views and less.

Here is a fun picture...a wishful dream. lol With only 17 views. You can see the tower starting to go up. I can't remember when I did this. Just thought it'd be kool if we had something similar to the Space Needle to be in that space. lol

23. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

From this morning (7:30-9:30am)

When I saw this from a distance, I thought my eyes were playing tricks.

When I played it back after returning home, it looks like a long piece of plastic.

I can 't help but wonder why they choose to place the LEDs only on the indentions. Because those areas are recessed it really limits both what can be displayed and who can see it. If they didn't want to spend money for the whole building I wish they would have used the LEDs on the big flat walls instead. They would have been like giant TV screens.

25. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

UnFrSaKn, its real kool to see the top so clearly. I couldn't do that with my phone as it gets a bit fuzzy the more I zoom in.

As for the crane operators, do they have to climb the whole distance or do they take an elevator to a point then climb the rest of the distance to the top?

Thread Information