Widgets Magazine
Page 250 of 485 FirstFirst ... 150200245246247248249250251252253254255300350 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 12103

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Wow, that morning gleam really makes it look like it's superimposed into the skyline! Too bad The Rapture is this weekend:

End Of the World - This Saturday!
    Well, at least the dogs and atheist will be able to enjoy the Devon tower!

Wow, that morning gleam really makes it look like it's superimposed into the skyline! Too bad The Rapture is this weekend:

What time Saturday because I was going to go play a round of golf. If it is going to be early afternoon then I am going to go ahead and spring the extra money for the golf cart. I also am not sure about the claim that 'many evangelical Christians' believe this. I would say you can count the number on two hands.

The problem with this prediction about the world ending Saturday, is that for the rapture to happen, the antichrist has to come into power. I haven't seen some guy with god like powers, demonstrate to the world, why he is Jesus walking the Earth.

That has to happen first. Plus the whole, "no man shall know" thing, too.

What I find sad, is these are preachers and christians, who supposedly follow God, but are twisting the facts the Bible gives us, in order to determine all of this, thus making them false prophets.

However, if I am wrong, at least the sinners will get to see a few more months of the Devon Tower being built. :P

Well damn, my birthday is the 20th. I better enjoy it.

My next door neighbor is a crane operator for the Devon tower construction,and he said his crane is about to jump to 980'ft and he also said that there are rumors of another "monster" tower going to be announced soon!Take it for what it's worth!

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    My next door neighbor is a crane operator for the Devon tower construction,and he said his crane is about to jump to 980'ft and he also said that there are rumors of another "monster" tower going to be announced soon!Take it for what it's worth!
    That would be fantastic if it comes to pass!

7. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

That would be great, DMoor. The only reason I can see another monster tower being built is if some major corporation plans to relocate here and needs the space. I do recall hints given by the chamber and the governor that there was a major overseas corporation who indicated OKC as a top contender for their relocation--and that they were pulling out all the stops--but nothing else has been heard on that.

Either way, I'd be happy with another tower half the size of Devon's--it doesn't need to be a monster. I hope the rumor is true, but I've learned not to get my hopes up until something is actually announced.

he also said that there are rumors of another "monster" tower going to be announced soon!Take it for what it's worth!
    I'll believe it when I see it.....I can assure you that in the mean time though, my day dreaming just got more interesting.

OMFG... Now you have me all excited. Too bad the world ends in 3 days..

Quote Originally Posted by megax11 View Post
    The problem with this prediction about the world ending Saturday, is that for the rapture to happen, the antichrist has to come into power. I haven't seen some guy with god like powers, demonstrate to the world, why he is Jesus walking the Earth.

That has to happen first. Plus the whole, "no man shall know" thing, too.

What I find sad, is these are preachers and christians, who supposedly follow God, but are twisting the facts the Bible gives us, in order to determine all of this, thus making them false prophets.

However, if I am wrong, at least the sinners will get to see a few more months of the Devon Tower being built. :P
    Not to derail the topic, but that is not necessarily true, people often mistake the rapture for the 2nd coming. More likely you are referring to when the tribulation starts, not when the rapture starts. So people will be raptured before the 2nd coming regardless of your Messianic view. Rapture means called up, not Christ's return. The most common view is pre-tribulation, so the antichrist wouldn't come onto the scene until after Christians are raptured up, or the "disappearing/vanishing." Then, it can also depend on your millenial view of the rapture, and whether or not you are pretrib, midtrib, or post trib. Christ's return wouldn't be until the end of the 7 year tribulation, thus the 2nd coming, the be all to end all.

Okay, well still. According to these preachers who mention May 21st, they say the world will end five months later, on October 21st.

Supposedly there is 7 years of peace, before the antichrist goes rogue.

Five months is a far cry from 7 years.

EDIT: For the record, I don't believe these preachers to be anything other than false prophets, as it states in the Bible that no man, not even the son, shall know.

I've actually been joking around about all this hooplah. I do believe in God and all the stuff the Bible says will happen, but some old 80-90+ year old man making these statements is just flat out ignorant. He made these statements before, saying the world would end in 1994. He's just a joke. :P

Here's the link to the slideshow of all the pictures I've posted from the same spot. I try to take a shot roughly every month. Only goes back to October, because that's about the time the tower became visible from this angle.

13. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

In OKC?

14. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

dmoor82, since he is your neighbor, can you please try to get more info from him? We need to know what company, when and where all of this is going to happen. You will have the credit of being the very first person to report the news and make sure you create a thread about it with you as the first poster, so that all the credit go to you. We want OKCTalk to continue being the only place to deliver/leak shocking news first before any others.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulahey View Post
    Here's the link to the slideshow of all the pictures I've posted from the same spot. I try to take a shot roughly every month. Only goes back to October, because that's about the time the tower became visible from this angle.
    That's really cool. Thanks! Amazing how the weather is so different over the course of one month (see February-March).

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I drove by several times today. Let me tell you this... I don't see anything within our skyline other than this glorious tower. All the other buildings and towers are simply washed away.

I have to agree with this. The Devon Tower does kinda wash everything else away. I used to look at our skyline and see the Chase tower stand out, ..now it just kinda blends in with the rest of the buildings.

oh, long time lurker and first time poster here! lol ...I work on 25th and Shields and its been hard to get work done at times while I stare at the Devon Tower. Its gonna be kinda sad when its completed, but its definitional gonna look awesome!!! ...and whoever posted about possibly getting another "monster" tower - dont even get me excited like that! lol

17. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Well damn, my birthday is the 20th. I better enjoy it.
    Mine IS the 21st. Happy 19th Birthday? -________-

Last comment on the 'end of the world'. The group putting that info out there is selling pre-paid pet care. It is a scam.

Now back to a second monster tower. Where would such a building go?

I know Kerry, I just found it rather funny. Didn't mean to sway the subject...

My girlfriend's neighbor came up from Texas to work on the tower. In one talk I had with him, he claimed all kinds of things...like that the tower was going to be 52 stories and that he also heard that there would be another skyscraper project announcement soon.

I'm with others... I'll believe it when I see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    Last comment on the 'end of the world'. The group putting that info out there is selling pre-paid pet care. It is a scam.

Now back to a second monster tower. Where would such a building go?
    I think the Century Center/Sheraton Block would be a perfect location for another new tower.

22. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

The Sheraton and Cox sites would be nice. Two big, underutilized areas. So much space there that is waiting for something bigger and better in its place.

23. Default Re: Devon Energy Center (Devon Tower)

Yes, but preferrably ontop of the Century Center. I don't care too much for the Sheraton being destroyed also.

I also think a good site for a skyscraper is on the grass lot on Gaylord, between 4th and 3rd. If residential, it could be a future 'step' in tying Deep Deuce/Maywood with the lower end of Automobile Alley. It also allows for the skyline to expand to the east visually. Which, right now I don't see ever happening because of the nature of obstacles that line EK through the entirety of it's length downtown; i.e BNSF, Santa Fe Garage, the mechanical building north of Cox. But I know this particular site already has a development proposed for it. Hopefully, they realize there is a much better use for that site, but this is just me daydreaming.

I think another good site for a tower would be those two parking garages that surround OG&E Headquarters. Maybe two towers? One replacing each of the parking garages. That would extend the skyline visually to the west and northwest just a tad.

I also agree with you two, Architect2010 and Unfrsakn, for highrises in place of Century Center and the Cox.

Quote Originally Posted by Architect2010 View Post
    Yes, but preferrably ontop of the Century Center. I don't care too much for the Sheraton being destroyed also.

I also think a good site for a skyscraper is on the grass lot on Gaylord, between 4th and 3rd. If residential, it could be a future 'step' in tying Deep Deuce/Maywood with the lower end of Automobile Alley. It also allows for the skyline to expand to the east visually. Which, right now I don't see ever happening because of the nature of obstacles that line EK through the entirety of it's length downtown; i.e BNSF, Santa Fe Garage, the mechanical building north of Cox. But I know this particular site already has a development proposed for it. Hopefully, they realize there is a much better use for that site, but this is just me daydreaming.
    You do know the chamber is building, or plans to build it's lowrise on the EK Gaylord site right?

Thread Information