Widgets Magazine

Thread: Where may I find duck in Oklahoma City?

Default Where may I find duck in Oklahoma City?

I refer to not only Peking duck, but any variations you might find as you would with chicken; i.e., recipes containing duck at any restaurants around here?

Default Re: Where may I find duck in Oklahoma City?

1492 has Mexican variations of it. I don't eat duck, but I've seen it on several menu's. I know the restaurant in Sheraton Hotel also used to have it on menu, they may still.

Paseo Grill has a really nice duck entree. This is the description taken from the menu they have online:

Sautéed boneless Duck Breast set atop our Raspberry Bourbon Sauce. Served with Orzo & Pine Nut Pilaf and Vegetable of the Day.

I've had it several times - consistently great.

La Baguette Bistro on May used to have a duck entree as well that was very good, but it's been awhile since I've been.

Best I've had was at Rococo - I can't recall exactly, but I think it was a grilled breast served over confit (may have even had a little foie gras). No, this one isn't low cal / low fat, but well worth the dietary detour.

I just had duck at The Mantel in Bricktown. It was a lot like the Paseo Grill duck. I am not sure I would get it again... it claimed to be crispy, but really it was soggy and a bit underdone for my likings. It was atop some (baked?) garlic baby potatoes, drizzled with a cranberry bourbon sauce. Then had a side of asparagus.

Paseo is better food, but the Mantel has the nice patio with entertainment at night.

La Baguette on North May and in the Colcord has a duck entree, a duck salad, and a foi gras.

dot wo has a couple duck dishes on their menu... but i seem to recall being less than impressed.

-M

Grand House has tasty duck. So does the place right across the the street from GH.

The best duck in the metro by far is Signature Grill. They do a duck breast with a cherry port wine reduction and it is an amazing dish, and much better than Paseo Grill. The duck is cooked absolutely perfectly, to whatever temp you like it, and it is not too dry or too moist --- it is just right.

Legend's in Norman - SEARED DUCK BREAST - served sliced, medium rare with an orange Marsala sauce. Sour cream chive mashed potatoes and vegetable of the day.....$24.95

I've had delicious duck at Nona's....

I just wanted to pop back in and let y'all know I am noting these. Thanks!

I have to agree with positano. The duck at Paseo Grill is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    The best duck in the metro by far is Signature Grill. They do a duck breast with a cherry port wine reduction and it is an amazing dish, and much better than Paseo Grill. The duck is cooked absolutely perfectly, to whatever temp you like it, and it is not too dry or too moist --- it is just right.
    +1, I also liked it much better than Paseo's.

Thread Information