Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 105 Degrees (closed)

1. Default Re: 105 Degrees - Raw/Vegan in OKC

From what I've seen of the menu, breakfast may be the best time to take a meat eater. It's just easier to eat breakfast without meat than lunch or dinner.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Default Re: 105 Degrees - Raw/Vegan in OKC

> It's just easier to eat breakfast without meat than lunch or dinner.

Only if you're really, really sleepy.
    8^)

Default Re: 105 Degrees

The wife and I had dessert here on date night Saturday night. The decor and atmosphere was definitely impressive and continues to raise the bar of cuisine in OKC. Definitely high class something you'd see in San Francisco or something. Staff was friendly for the most part. Love the TOP-Chef-esque kitchen and school. Saw Mayor Cornett, his wife and I believe Casey there as well.

Anyhow, to the food. I had the blood orange frozen cheesecake and my wife had the cinnamon trio. Both were amazing! Definitely top-notch desserts. If you're sensitive to citrus tastes, I probably wouldn't go for the blood orange. As for the wife's trio, the panna cotta in the trio was impeccable. We will definitely be back soon, even though we are carnivores.

Agree on the cheesecake, tasted like a really good orange sherbert.

Here's some pics from my phone, not the best of quality.

I went on Sunday for lunch/brunch and had the arugula salad and wild blueberry pancakes. Both were delicious and service was wonderful.

wild blueberry pancakes ... mmmmm, if only they had some smoked bacon to go with.
    8^)

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    I went on Sunday for lunch/brunch and had the arugula salad and wild blueberry pancakes. Both were delicious and service was wonderful.
    Wow that sounds like an interesting combo! Was it an ELITIST arugula salad? Oh wait I should save that for the politics board.

Seriously this place sounds very interesting, so cool what you can do without meat. If it weren't for the occasional yumminess of t-bone steaks, chili dogs, and bacon cheeseburgers, I'd so go veggie. It would be cheaper in the long-run, too.

Thanks all for all the good info about this new place, its definitely on my to-try list.

Metro's post and pics do raise the possibility of checking this place out ... for dessert.
    I don't generally have meat as part of the dessert, so yeah, that can work.

Appetizers one place, nice dead animal feat at another, then 105 for dessert, then an all you can eat platter at Ozzie's in Norman the next morning.
    Yeah, that could just work.

kevinpate,

They have eggplant bacon, which was OK. I had that with my pancakes, as well. I also had their orange juice, which was really good, but I felt it was kind of overpriced ($5.00).

Jerzeegirl, the arugula salad was not elitist. It came with walnuts, green figs, and a vinegrette. The figs tasted more like a hearty version of green grapes, rather than the typical fig taste you might have with fig newtons, or black dark figs.

eggplant bacon

The eggplant bacon is bascially dehydrated eggplant. I found it lacked flavor, and it only looked like bacon (it did not taste like eggplant, nor bacon). I also thought it was over-priced for the portion.

I am rather certain there is not enough vodka on this planet to ever cause me to believe dehydrated eggplant might even remotely pass for delicious dead fried pig parts. If turkey can't pull off that trick, no plant has a prayer.

I won't pretend to be surprised that dehydrated eggplant lacked flavor.
    8^)

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Jerzeegirl, the arugula salad was not elitist. It came with walnuts, green figs, and a vinegrette. The figs tasted more like a hearty version of green grapes, rather than the typical fig taste you might have with fig newtons, or black dark figs.
    It wasn't elitist? Oh. Well. I stand corrected then.

Green figs...interesting, don't think I've ever had a green fig before. Were they sour like green grapes?

I'm not surprised the eggplant bacon was not great. I know that eggplant can soak up alot of grease, and unless it was salted to death, I would think it wouldn't have much flavor. Plus just cooked at no more than 105 degrees? I dunno. Creative though!

No, the green figs were sweet like green grapes. But it had a heartier texture.

The eggplant had been dehydrated. it did NOT taste salty. It had NO flavor, but a nice crunchy texture. It was just over-priced, in my humble opinion.

We thought about stopping by 105 degrees Saturday night, and there was nobody in there. There was probably 4 people eating in there. I am worried this place is not any good or is it too progressive for OKC?

Have you guys been there when it was busy?

Well... the last time I went I thought they were very snooty towards me. And, snootiness and fakeness... are not good things. I doubt I will return.

Has anyone been here lately? Im thinking about going on Friday..

19. Default Re: 105 Degrees

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
    We thought about stopping by 105 degrees Saturday night, and there was nobody in there. There was probably 4 people eating in there. I am worried this place is not any good or is it too progressive for OKC?

Have you guys been there when it was busy?
    Or they need some advertising? I hadn't seen one thing about it except on this board.

Question 105 Degrees (Restaurant)

Has anyone been to this place yet? I was just wondering what their thoughts were. I guess one of the classen curve places is open now.

Welcome to 105degrees.com - Oklahoma's premiere Raw & Living Foods destination

Default Re: 105 Degrees (Restaurant)

I haven't been to 105 degrees yet, but this restaurant has been open for about six months now. I think a few more (Republic and a pizza place) are slated to open in CC soon. Balliet's plans to move there in late summer or early fall, as does Cafe 501.

Default Re: 105 Degrees (Restaurant)

Very yummy, very trendy, very expensive, and I left there hungry (and 25 bucks poorer).

But I'll be going back.

Default Re: 105 Degrees at Classen Curve Website

Try it and then go a second time. You will find yourself wanting to go back more often. There is something so DELICIOUS about fresh, raw foods. We love the place!

Default Re: 105 Degrees at Classen Curve Website

There is also another thread on the restaurant where you can read reviews:

http://www.okctalk.com/food-restaura...5-degrees.html

Thread Information