Widgets Magazine

Thread: District 9

1. Default District 9

omg.. what a great movie. Different yes, but really, really intriguing.. kept us on the edge of our seat the entire time. We all loved it. A great science fiction flick with some crazy special effects. Two thumbs up!
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Default Re: District 9

Definitely going to check this out and definitely want to see it in the grand auditorium at the Warren

3. Default Re: District 9

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    A great science fiction flick with some crazy special effects.
    Agreed. So impressive for a movie with a pretty small budget compared with the other sci-fi movies of the summer (which btw it looked much better than)

I saw the previews for it when I went to go see Revenge of the Fallen. I thought it was funny that their spaceship looked almost exactly like the ones on Independence Day. I wanna see it, but I'm torn between paying $9 to see it once or buying it for whatever price and being able to watch it multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Definitely going to check this out and definitely want to see it in the grand auditorium at the Warren

Like, in the balcony or just on the floor? Its not really anything special unless its in the balcony, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Like, in the balcony or just on the floor? Its not really anything special unless its in the balcony, IMO.
    Is there a different screen and sound system in the balcony?

Check out all the fun extras at D-9.com and mnuspreadslies.com. The viral stuff explores a lot of the social issues that aren't directly addressed in the film.

8. Default Re: District 9

Quote Originally Posted by JakeZula View Post
    Check out all the fun extras at D-9.com and mnuspreadslies.com. The viral stuff explores a lot of the social issues that aren't directly addressed in the film.
    Oh cool. Thanks!

9. Default Re: District 9

You have to see this movie in the theater. quite an experience

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Is there a different screen and sound system in the balcony?

No, but you have the larger seats and the food serive and what-not. The floor level is really nothing special except for digital projection, which all of the other auditoriums at Warren have as well. In fact, its not even stadium seating which has been standard at movie theatres for around 20 years. Its not awful or anything, its just not really special...

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    No, but you have the larger seats and the food serive and what-not. The floor level is really nothing special except for digital projection, which all of the other auditoriums at Warren have as well. In fact, its not even stadium seating which has been standard at movie theatres for around 20 years. Its not awful or anything, its just not really special...
    I've seen them all in the auditorium...All the other rooms have the same size screen?

You're saying that every movie you've seen has been in the Grand Auditoriums? Just clarifying.

And no, the other auditoriums don't have the same size screen as the GAs. If screen size is your deal, however, there are larger, despite certain claims.

Just saw this movie and I truly enjoyed it! Intriguing story with quite a twist!

Thread Information