Widgets Magazine

Thread: Where's The Best Clam Chowder?

Default Where's The Best Clam Chowder?

My wife and I love New England style clam chowder. When we go to New England we make a point to stop at different restaurants to try their clam chowders. We love to try all the variations of clam chowders that different restaurants make in New England.

I was wondering if anyone has a favorite restaurant they go to for New England clam chowder here in OKC? We've eaten clam chowder at Charleston's, Cheesecake Factory, Pearls and Red Lobster (bleech!). What restaurant serves your favorite clam chowder in OKC? I'm craving clam chowder right now! Where do you suggest we go today?

Tuck, any suggestions?

2. Default Re: Where's The Best Clam Chowder?

Chunky Soup, baby.

Default Re: Where's The Best Clam Chowder?

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    Chunky Soup, baby.

I think I'll pass on that one. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Quote Originally Posted by GWB View Post
    My wife and I love New England style clam chowder. When we go to New England we make a point to stop at different restaurants to try their clam chowders. We love to try all the variations of clam chowders that different restaurants make in New England.

I was wondering if anyone has a favorite restaurant they go to for New England clam chowder here in OKC? We've eaten clam chowder at Charleston's, Cheesecake Factory, Pearls and Red Lobster (bleech!). What restaurant serves your favorite clam chowder in OKC? I'm craving clam chowder right now! Where do you suggest we go today?

Tuck, any suggestions?
    BJ's Brewery out by Quail Springs.

Good Clam Chowdah

Flip's has clam chowder sometimes. I won't eat the stuff, but friends seemed to like it. Their soup changes every day, and there isn't a standard weekly rotation, so you'd have to call to find out which day they have it. Also, they serve both kinds of clam chowder, so make sure you ask which they have at the time.

Rococo

I echo the comment about Rococcos. Owner knows east coast seafood. I am Marylander originally and crab cakes are good at Rococcos. Located NW 28 and Penn.

I'm eagerly watching the responses here as well. GWB, have you been to the Black Pearl in Newport?

Gulfport Seafood shop just north of Britton on May Avenue has a delicious frozen clam chowder. My husband says it is very similar to what his family purchased when they visited the Oregon coast frequently. Just thaw, heat and eat.

10. Default Re: Where's The Best Clam Chowder?

it is not clam chowder, but the Clam and Lobster Bisque at Deep Fork is plain sinful.

I think the best Clam Chowder I've ever had is at Crabtown.

I third Rococo. Yum.

Quote Originally Posted by jsibelius View Post
    I'm eagerly watching the responses here as well. GWB, have you been to the Black Pearl in Newport?
    No, I've never been to the Black Pearl. Next time we're in Rhode Island we'll try it out. Thanks for mentioning it!

Hey everybody, thanks for all of the suggestions on where to get some good clam chowder. My wife and I are looking forward to trying some of these places out. We love east coast seafood and Rococo's sounds like a winner. I looked at their menu online and can't wait to try it.

Haven't been to Deep Fork in a long time, probably four or five years. Didn't care for it at the time but will give it another try. I love lobster bisque.

Last Friday, my wife and I went to Pearl's on Classen. It's not our favorite restaurant but I looked at their menu online and noticed they had Ivar's (from Seattle) clam chowder so we decided to try it. It's not the exact recipe that Ivar's uses but it's not too bad either. I suspect they buy it from Ivar's and doctor it up a little bit to make it their own. Like I said, it's not bad but it isn't the best we've ever eaten.

Tuck, still waiting for you to chime in on this. Any suggestions?

nd foods on britton road makes many different kinds of soup...

i know they make lobster bisque and am pretty sure they make clam chowder... not exactly a night on the town kind of place but i've had some pretty amazing bowls of soup there.

-M

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    nd foods on britton road makes many different kinds of soup...

i know they make lobster bisque and am pretty sure they make clam chowder... not exactly a night on the town kind of place but i've had some pretty amazing bowls of soup there.

-M
    M, I forgot about ND Foods. I recall there was some discussion about this place somewhere on another thread. Thanks for bringing it up. I look forward to go there and trying their lobster bisque and clam chowder soon.

Legal Seafoods

Quote Originally Posted by Turanacus View Post
    Legal Seafoods
    We've been to the one in Boston on the Wharf and love it! But there isn't one in OKC and that's what this thread is about, finding good clam chowder in OKC.

La Baguette, when they have it, makes an awesome clam chowder.

20. Default Re: Where's The Best Clam Chowder?

One thing I miss about Dallas is Pappadeaux's. They have great clam chowder. I am emailing them to tell them to come to OKC!

Thread Information