Widgets Magazine

Thread: Beer/Wine Tastings?

1. Default Beer/Wine Tastings?

Does anyone know of anyone who does beer and/or wine tastings in Oklahoma City or surrounding areas?

McNellies does a Beer University... Just emailed them and waiting for more information.. Walls on May does a Wine tasting which is a pretty cool event I have been to a few times.. Any place else you guys can think of??

2. Default Re: Beer/Wine Tastings?

Broadway Wine Merchants has them--they actually had a beer and mead tasting last Friday night. You just need to go down there and sign up to receive the emails
    Still corrupting young minds

Default Re: Beer/Wine Tastings?

Red Prime just had a Seafood and Wine Dinner

4. Default Re: Beer/Wine Tastings?

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd View Post
    Broadway Wine Merchants has them--they actually had a beer and mead tasting last Friday night. You just need to go down there and sign up to receive the emails
    cool yeah i am going to go sign up for that for sure!!!

5. Default Re: Beer/Wine Tastings?

Yeah, Broadway serves up snacks, as well--fresh fruit, cheese, crackers--nothing overpowering but certainly tasty

Where is this Broadway Wine place?

7. Default Re: Beer/Wine Tastings?

Automobile Alley, downtown. Broadway and 8th, I believe, on the east side of Broadway. Purple sign on the sidewalk.

and building..

9. Default Re: Beer/Wine Tastings?

The Coach House does wine tastings, as does the Lobby Bar at Will Roger's Theatre. Bin 73 used to have one every Wednesday, but I'm not sure if they still do. I'm sure they'd set one up for you though, if you had enough people.

I'm hearing about a wine dinner that will be on July 30th, I will post details when it is finalized.

The Wine Shop at Coffee Creek on Thursday nights in Edmond. They do an awesome job, and then they offer a discount for that night on the beverages that they have for tasting.

Automobile Alley, downtown. Broadway and 8th, I believe, on the east side of Broadway. Purple sign on the sidewalk.
    oh cool. Thanks!

Blu in Norman has a multi-course wine dinner once a month.

Blu Homepage

Their website isn't always up to date. Sign up for their mailing list, which they send mail out to every week.

14. Default Re: Beer/Wine Tastings?

I signed up and never received a thing!!! Do you have the email address I could maybe write them?

15. Default Re: Beer/Wine Tastings?

It's a bit of a drive, but Tres Suenos Winery north of Luther offers free tastings anytime they are open. Check the hours on their website:

Tres Suenos Vineyards and Winery

Will's Bar & Cafe (on Western) occasionally does wine tastings.

I wonder if there are any wine clubs around here for people to get together and drink/share wine.

I believe Bin 73 on N. May does.

Bin73 - A Wine Bar

Prohibition Room, does one a month. Get on their email list and they will let you know when the next one is. I think it's a scoth and cigar tasting.
    Last month they did a beer dinner with COOP. It was delish!

There are several wineries that are within a hour and a half drive from Oklahoma City. Do a google search for "Oklahoma wineries" and you will find plenty to check out.

Our favorite is the Tidal School Winery in Drumright. They have a variety of events throughout the year in addition to wine tasting.

Urban Neighbors will be having their 3 course wine dinner on July 30th at Mickey Mantles. Cost is $35pp. For more info go to Home | Urban Neighbors. Also I hope tuck doesn't mind, but I got this email from the Good Egg Group. Cheevers will be doing a wine dinner soon as well:

Doc Bill Lovallo's Wine Dinner
    Wed. July 29th @6:30

Whitefish Ceviche, Duck Leg Confit, Cowboy Rubbed Prime London Broil
    $75pp

Quote Originally Posted by phinzup View Post
    There are several wineries that are within a hour and a half drive from Oklahoma City. Do a google search for "Oklahoma wineries" and you will find plenty to check out.

Our favorite is the Tidal School Winery in Drumright. They have a variety of events throughout the year in addition to wine tasting.
    This one, definitely.

Thread Information