Widgets Magazine

Thread: whats your fave city in Oklahoma & why?

Default whats your fave city in Oklahoma & why?

whats your favorite city or town in the state of Oklahoma? and what makes it so special to you beyond any other city or town in the state?

for me, i havent seen much of s.e. Oklahoma but heard nice things about it, however, I think one of the nicest areas Ive seen would be Grove, OK..and the adjacent Grand Lake by it. '

Its so far removed from both Tulsa and OKC, very scenic and tranquil with small town charm and gently rolling hills about and its right on the other side of Missouri. The highway spanning over Grand Lake into Grove is quite scenic and is the stuff Oklahoma postcards are made of.

Its what could be dubbed as a "staycation" (trip on a tankful)

Default Re: whats your fave city in Oklahoma & why?

Although I detest that cutesy word, it's almost hard not to find a decent trip on a tankful spot in our state. We're blessed like that. Want sand and desert look, head NW. Want rolling priarie, head W. Want colorful outcroppings in your vistas , head S, or SW or NW

Wants hills and lakes, head SE, E and NE

Want great food? head almost anywhere, you'll find some.

Cabins in all directions, B&B's as well.

As Ron says on Discover Oklahoma, is this a Great State or what?!

3. Default Re: whats your fave city in Oklahoma & why?

Ada, OK.

The best eye candy per capita in the state.

Porum, OK

Pawhuska! I love the Whiz Bang Cafe and Tallgrass Preserve.

Its hard to believe that as long as I've lived in Oklahoma I've never been to Grove or Grand lake. I'm sure they're beautiful, maybe sometime this summer I can take a trip up there.

I'd say that Sulphur is one of my favorites. We have friends that own vacation properties down there and spend alot of weekends at Lake of the Arbuckles, hiking in the park Chickasaw National Recreation Area (U.S. National Park Service), going to the dog trade and getting breakfast at the little donut shop at the intersection of hwy 7 and 177. Its downtown seems a little ruff around the edges, but it has lots of potential. The history of Sulphur is interesting too. They are getting ready to build a new hotel modeled after the historic Artesian Hotel on the east end of downtown near the park entrance that should be really nice. http://newsok.com/excitement-springs...rticle/3369323

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    As Ron says on Discover Oklahoma, is this a Great State or what?!
    You're thinking of Galen Culver on Ch. 4. If I had to only pick one town as my favorite, I'm not sure I could do it because there are a lot of towns that have outstanding things about them. However, Ft. Gibson is a place where I've always enjoyed spending time. I like the history of it and I like it's proximity to Tahlequah, Muskogee, and Greenleaf State Park. Plus, the drive from below the dam at Ft. Gibson Lake down into the town of Ft. Gibson is probably my favorite in the state.

Choctaw,OK is right in the mix, far enough away from the city,but really so close only 15-20 min from DT,right next to MWC, and on the other end it's right next to Jones,Harrah,Mcloud it also has a great school sys.and is so close to highways (62-N.E. 23rd-and I-40) and TAFB, and there are farms and great countryside and nice people-but if you want the city life-nitelife! its right next door! I like Choctaw! this is my vote

OKC, duh....

Quote Originally Posted by mireaux View Post

for me, i havent seen much of s.e. Oklahoma but heard nice things about it, however, I think one of the nicest areas Ive seen would be Grove, OK..and the adjacent Grand Lake by it. '

Being from Grove and living there my whole life before I went to college I would have to second Grove. Although over the last 10 or so years I have thought it has gotten worse. Maybe thats bc I have moved away, who knows.

I like Sulphur. That's where I grew up.

I really like SE Oklahoma in the Kiamichis, though.

Medicine Park is pretty, too.

Thread Information