Quote Originally Posted by jsibelius View Post
I wonder how much is it really...after they tax and fee you to death? This has been a very timely discussion as I have been debating dumping Cox for the same reasons - suddenly they're raising prices without warning, cutting channels also without warning...a double-whammy in my book.

How's the service with the dish? Do they treat you well?
I just looked at my bill, and if I'm reading it right, the $35 plan goes to $42.63 with taxes.

I've been with Dish for three years now. They never raised the price with the package I had been on. Since we watched very few channels (of the hundreds of them) I decided to get an all HD package with fewer channels because that package still had the channels we watched. That actually lowered our monthly price. We have a DVR that can record two things at once or watch something and record something else. We are not under a contract either which is nice. I've only called a few times to Dish customer support and have been pleased with their support.

I should mention that I'm on an AT&T bundle which does kick a credit here and there. We have an iPhone family plan (2 iPhones), Dish Network service (Bronze Turbo HD), "Elite" high-speed DSL service which is 6 MB down and 768 up and while we don't have a home telephone, we do have a landline whose sole use is to provide communications with security system. For that, we pay a stable $230 a month (most of which is the iPhone plan).

And as far as the picture fading in and out during weather... Our installer must have bolted it bolted it down really well because the only time we ever have a service interruption is in the most severe weather. In those cases, we're either in the closet taking shelter or at my parents house where they have a real shelter.