Widgets Magazine
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13585960616263
Results 1,551 to 1,568 of 1568

Thread: Braum's

Default Re: Braum's

Lomah Dairy in Wynadotte has the best milk in the state. The cheeses are fantastic as well. Sadly, it has been about two years since I have been able to make the trip with how busy life has been. It is an old school farm with a serve yourself honor system.

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    Lomah Dairy in Wynadotte has the best milk in the state. The cheeses are fantastic as well. Sadly, it has been about two years since I have been able to make the trip with how busy life has been. It is an old school farm with a serve yourself honor system.
    They're permanently closed, per their FB page.

gjl - Thanks for the tip about Fairlife, I'll have to investigate...

Dozen eggs at Braum's pre -snowpocalypse is $6. A dozen cage free brown eggs at Trader Joes this afternoon is $2.99. Crazy price inversion and I hope Trader Joes wipes the floor with Braum's.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    Try Fairlife milk. What you buy now has an expiration date in Feb 23. They say 2 weeks after it's opened. It's all I've been drinking for the last year or so.
    Fairlife milk is awesome! Try their chocolate milk too.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Fairlife milk is awesome! Try their chocolate milk too.
    The only down side to Fairlife is the price (usually 3.98 for 52 oz.) and many times the Crest and WMs I shop at will be out of stock on it. The chocolate milk is a little too chocolaty for me. I have to mix it 1/2 with the Fairlife skim.

Dozen eggs at Braum's pre -snowpocalypse is $6. A dozen cage free brown eggs at Trader Joes this afternoon is $2.99. Crazy price inversion and I hope Trader Joes wipes the floor with Braum's.

I had a cashier tell me Braum's only makes 10 cents on a package of eggs. I almost jumped up on the register it was getting deep really fast.

Trader Joes has the best pricing of most all items. We love their $0.19 bananas.

6.20 for 2 dozen at costco

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    Try Fairlife milk. What you buy now has an expiration date in Feb 23. They say 2 weeks after it's opened. It's all I've been drinking for the last year or so.
    Look on Youtube for videos about Fairlife. The employees abuse the animals. They take the calves away from the mothers at birth and put them in cages outside where the mothers can see them. They hit the animals, let them fall off trucks, etc. I'd never buy one of their products until proven this has stopped.

N/m...

Quote Originally Posted by Crisko View Post
    Look on Youtube for videos about Fairlife. The employees abuse the animals. They take the calves away from the mothers at birth and put them in cages outside where the mothers can see them. They hit the animals, let them fall off trucks, etc. I'd never buy one of their products until proven this has stopped.
    Just wait until this guy finds out about what happens with male chicks...

I buy Kalona dairy products. They are produced by small amish and menonite farms. They use a variety of dairy breeds of cows not just Holstein. If it was not for them I would be back milking a cow again. If way was not so out of sight I might just go over the edge and by another milk cow. Yes I have had one and yes I am very familier with the early morning milking. I did when I was still working as a firefighter. Up at 230 am. Out to barn at 3am to milk feed and milk cow. Feed horses at 4am then chickens before coming in the house at 5 am to get get ready for work, leave house at 6 am to be at statiion by 615 to 630 am and be ready for the shift. Heck I already did a days work by the time shift started at 7 am.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Just wait until this guy finds out about what happens with male chicks...
    Or how they slaughter livestock.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    6.20 for 2 dozen at costco
    I've never been to a Costco. Will they sell me a half dozen for $1.49?

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    I buy Kalona dairy products. They are produced by small amish and menonite farms. They use a variety of dairy breeds of cows not just Holstein. If it was not for them I would be back milking a cow again. If way was not so out of sight I might just go over the edge and by another milk cow. Yes I have had one and yes I am very familier with the early morning milking. I did when I was still working as a firefighter. Up at 230 am. Out to barn at 3am to milk feed and milk cow. Feed horses at 4am then chickens before coming in the house at 5 am to get get ready for work, leave house at 6 am to be at statiion by 615 to 630 am and be ready for the shift. Heck I already did a days work by the time shift started at 7 am.
    If my choices are $10 eggs or getting up at 3am to be a dairy farmer, I will choose the $20 eggs every time.

I've never been to a Costco. Will they sell me a half dozen for $1.49?
    no they just do bulk 2 dozen is the smallest size ..

Do they have extra large or just large. Ive been buying Egglands Best extra large lately because they have been priced over a dollar less than Walmart brand extra large for 18. I always buy extra large instead of large eggs. EB were always priced higher than store brand before the eggpocalipse started. But for some reason they are cheaper now.

18. Default Re: Braum's

Nm

Thread Information