Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cafe 7

Multiple Locations Cafe 7

Anyone been? Interesting concept. Will have to check out and report soon!

Cafe 7: a concept that might just make it | Oklahoma City Restaurants

Default Re: Cafe 7

http://www.okctalk.com/food-court/14615-cafe-7-a.html

It's pretty good and reasonably priced, although I think the method of ordering (writing it down on a form and giving it to the cashier) is a pain in the butt.

Yeah, that place is good and reasonably priced. It is packed at lunch.

4. Default Re: Cafe 7

Interesting. I hadn't heard of it. I'm impressed that it's local. Sounds like a chain concept.

Would be nice to see it take off and be the next Chipotle or something. Would be good for diversifying the local economy.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

It's really good. I have a feeling we'll be seeing more locations in the future.

Did you guys see in Steve's article that they are opening a cafe in the First National Building downtown?

I am really excited about it! Great food! Great price!

Yes, I had posted that a couple of weeks ago in the First National thread.

I really like their concept and ate there for lunch on my last trip to OKC.

I wonder if they'll be open for lunch only?

It worries me a little bit that Cafe7 might not know what they are getting themselves into being in the FNC.
    They have been extremely poor landlords to their tennents..

The flower shop didnt last long right there after Tim at the Buzz coffee shop got mad and moved to the underground.
    I encourage you all to go get a cup of coffee there and talk to Tim about what aweful landlords they are.

With that said I am very excited to see Cafe7 downtown right across from my office.
    I can see a line out the door everyday just like there is at CoolGreens and its a little more expensive.

Cafe 7 is awesome! Great food!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
    Cafe 7 is awesome! Great food!
    Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post
    It worries me a little bit that Cafe7 might not know what they are getting themselves into being in the FNC.
    They have been extremely poor landlords to their tennents..

The flower shop didnt last long right there after Tim at the Buzz coffee shop got mad and moved to the underground.
    I encourage you all to go get a cup of coffee there and talk to Tim about what aweful landlords they are.
    Nick - the landlord's days are numbered. In bankruptcy, under investigation, tenants starting investigations. A wise company would wait before signing a lease, no matter how attractive the terms are that are being offered.

13. Default Re: Cafe 7

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Not really.
    So you say.

I've always enjoyed my food there. Maybe I don't "get" fancy food, though, and this is too low-brow for you, metro? I've also always been envious of whatever my sister gets when we are there together.
    Still corrupting young minds

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd View Post
    So you say.

I've always enjoyed my food there. Maybe I don't "get" fancy food, though, and this is too low-brow for you, metro? I've also always been envious of whatever my sister gets when we are there together.
    No, but can't we agree to disagree on their food? Not everyone has to agree with you.

No, but can't we agree to disagree on their food? Not everyone has to agree with you.
    Metro, maybe it would have been better then for you to say "not in my opinion" instead of "not really". Saying "not really" suggests that MrBojangles is wrong.

16. Default Re: Cafe 7

And in turn, not everyone has to agree with you.
    Still corrupting young minds

I agree

Default Cafe 7 Downtown

Checked that out today, saw Steve Lackmeyer chatting with attractive brunette there. Food was around $7.00 (hence the name). The place was absolutely packed. I was really worried we wouldn't get a table, but there were still plenty open. It's a bit on the loud and crowded side. The decor is absolutely perfect for First National. Lots of art deco fixtures. I wish they'd have put a little more authenticity in the art deco look. It's still kind of plasticky, but otherwise good stuff.

Default Re: Cafe 7 Downtown

It's been packed almost every day since they opened.

20. Default Re: Cafe 7 Downtown

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Checked that out today, saw Steve Lackmeyer chatting with attractive brunette there. Food was around $7.00 (hence the name). The place was absolutely packed. I was really worried we wouldn't get a table, but there were still plenty open. It's a bit on the loud and crowded side. The decor is absolutely perfect for First National. Lots of art deco fixtures. I wish they'd have put a little more authenticity in the art deco look. It's still kind of plasticky, but otherwise good stuff.
    LOL. The "attractive brunette" was Bailey80 (my competitor Brianna Bailey), who was scrambling to explain to the building's owner that it was me, and not the owner, who she called "mf*er" on Twitter (which I think stands for "most famous star reporter")

Anybody know any details on where Cafe 7 (the one in FNC) is going to relocate to, or when? Wife will be most unhappy if they leave downtown...

Don't know anything about the plans for Cafe 7 but they would be a great candidate to move into the Parkside Building.

Default Re: Cafe 7 Downtown

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    ... (which I think stands for "most famous star reporter")

Would it be rude to wonder if you can find a second source for that?

Quote Originally Posted by stickboy View Post
    http://www.okctalk.com/food-court/14615-cafe-7-a.html

It's pretty good and reasonably priced, although I think the method of ordering (writing it down on a form and giving it to the cashier) is a pain in the butt.
    In a way I like that idea because it would cut down on miscommunication from what you order and what they hear. I would have to print though because my cursive is bad.

Thread Information