Widgets Magazine
Page 26 of 79 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303176 ... LastLast

Thread: The New I-40 (Construction Updates)

Default Re: The New I-40 (Construction Updates)

it all depends on cost .. the "blue line" as it is called here will no doubt go into bricktown and cost will be a major factor the sheridon and reno bridges may be expensive to get under the new boulevard will have a new bridge but it also takes quite a bid more track to go to the BLVD so we will see
    It looks like both the blue and red lines are on the boulevard, the blue line is going westbound and the red line is going eastbound. It might be worth going back and looking at the hub proposal as I think it had a different arrangement in bricktown than this, but that may be a future line.

snowman that is just a future possibilities master plan .. (not official) ...

currently the working street car route (i say working only because we don't know of utility issues, bridge issues ect) is most of that blue line

up robinson from reno to 11th, left on 11th to dewey, north on dewey to 13th, right on 13th to broadway, right on broadway to sheridan, left on sheridan to EKG.

the brick town end of the Phase 1A line is TBD based on bridge cost ect

I needed to kill a couple of hours this morning when my power went out, so went down and took some photos of the construction with an ipod. It looks like the only area without both sides of the highway paved is between Walker and Robinson, a quarter mile stretch. But I'm still holding out hope for a Jan-Feb limited opening.

https://profiles.google.com/10551743...92972547977137

Thanks so much for the pics!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jungmuny View Post
    I needed to kill a couple of hours this morning when my power went out, so went down and took some photos of the construction with an ipod. It looks like the only area without both sides of the highway paved is between Walker and Robinson, a quarter mile stretch. But I'm still holding out hope for a Jan-Feb limited opening.

https://profiles.google.com/10551743...92972547977137
    Thanks for the pics! Unless we get a lot of snow or rain in December it should easily be ready for a January opening. Eastbound looks pretty close to completion to me and that quarter mile stretch of westbound should take no time at all. There is about 1-2 weeks of work that needs to be done after eastbound is switched over just to set up a temporary configuration for the westbound crossover.

Here are some pics from today. From the Western Ave Bridge it is pretty cool looking, almost like a scene out of an apocalyptic movie or something.

From Penn Ave Bridge Looking West:

From Penn Ave Bridge Looking East:

From Western Ave Bridge Looking West:

From Western Ave Bridge Looking East:

From Walker Ave Bridge Looking West:

From Walker Ave Bridge Looking East:

Nice pics. You should have seen how quickly the construction scene revved to life Saturday as soon as I pulled out my camera. Maybe they thought I was recording video because they were really zooming. I got the feeling if someone was taking pics more often and there was more accountability this project would have been done many years ago.

ODOT updated the photos on the crosstown project site with new photos for the first time in like seven months, about 70 new ones and it a set of them show most of it shot from the air. Though dated 11/17, they are probably more like 10/01 since it still shows the Lincoln bridge (which has been open for a week or two) as neither finish or connected to surface road.

http://www.40forward.com/gallery/default.asp

Is that the sky dance bridge in the last pic? Looks like some sort of steel truss or something

Yes King

When did the I-40 relocation begin?It seems like it has been MANY years and I cant believe it's about to be completed.Now we have the flyover construction to deal with on I-44/I-235,Ohhhh joy!

Quote Originally Posted by kinggober View Post
    Is that the sky dance bridge in the last pic? Looks like some sort of steel truss or something
    Yep, it would appear so. Hopefully they go thru with that cool looking design as planned, but right now it looks like a normal pedestrian bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by SSEiYah View Post
    Yep, it would appear so. Hopefully they go thru with that cool looking design as planned, but right now it looks like a normal pedestrian bridge.
    Its basically a truss structure with a sculpture built on top. So it won't look like the renderings until after they build the sculpture.

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    When did the I-40 relocation begin?It seems like it has been MANY years and I cant believe it's about to be completed.Now we have the flyover construction to deal with on I-44/I-235,Ohhhh joy!
    not until 2017

Quote Originally Posted by SSEiYah View Post
    Here are some pics from today. From the Western Ave Bridge it is pretty cool looking, almost like a scene out of an apocalyptic movie or something.

There are already billboards going up along the road.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    There are already billboards going up along the road.
    I thought Billboards are not allowed along the relocated / new I-40?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    I thought Billboards are not allowed along the relocated / new I-40?
    the billboards were built before the ban was put in place ..

Wow, the new freeway looks awesome.

Now if only ODOT would build a Texas-style five-level stack at I-40 and I-44...

When the switch is made, it's going to be very surreal to see the new perspectives... Like a whole other city.

I like the way the western part of the roadway is very close to the river so you'll be able to see the activity on it and the two paths.

Quote Originally Posted by semisimple View Post
    Those are nearly worthless in ice / snow.

I have read where they have installed a geothermal heat pump heating system on a hand full of northern bridges. I know this is expensive but is this anything we would ever consider doing?

Those picks looks absolutly beautiful, I cant wait til it opens, when exactly is it going to be complete? and can somebody tell me why the construction over the Morgan Rd bridge feels like its been going on for 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBoy18 View Post
    Those picks looks absolutly beautiful, I cant wait til it opens, when exactly is it going to be complete? and can somebody tell me why the construction over the Morgan Rd bridge feels like its been going on for 5 years?
    Morgan Rd supposed to be done in June I think.

23. Default Re: The New I-40 (Construction Updates)

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the billboards were built before the ban was put in place ..
    Don't be too sure about that....

Quote Originally Posted by ou48A View Post
    Those are nearly worthless in ice / snow.

I have read where they have installed a geothermal heat pump heating system on a hand full of northern bridges. I know this is expensive but is this anything we would ever consider doing?
    The heat pump or the system; it looks like they set up the kilpatrick & lakeshore parkway may be that eventually use the texas style layers, but I doubt any of the interchanges in the city have the space to be converted.

It would be ridiculously expensive to alter the layout for something that only is a minor slowdown for a mile in any direction of it, plus it is not even the biggest problem on i44 withing 4 miles in either direction. It is not happening till i40 west and i44 south are at least 4 lanes each.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Don't be too sure about that....
    then why are they UP and not being removed??

Thread Information