Widgets Magazine
Page 31 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: The New I-40 (Construction Updates)

Default Re: The New I-40 (Construction Updates)

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    If you look at Google maps, the westbound traffic on the eastside of the project will merge with the new eastbound traffic. Ramp traffic from northbound 235 to westbound (new) I-40 will temporarily go under the old I-40 while they tear up the old I-40 that elevates toward the Crosstown bridge. Just to the south of that temp ramp they will construct the permanent ramp and then divert all main and ramp traffic to the new alignment. Seems confusing but that's how I see it being done.
    That would be a traffic nightmare and extend the time the bridge will be taken out, it is only two lanes (probably some shoulder) and would have some sharp angles even for a temporary alignment.

^^well, we'll all find out soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    ^^well, we'll all find out soon enough!
    You're right, OKC. And I suspect that the planners have spent a little more time figuring out the best way to do this than we have.

Well, they already built the temporary I-235 southbound ramp and it heads in that direction.

What is going to go on with the May AVE Westbound bridge? right now there are 2 what I thought were referred to as "temporary bridges". Is a wider 5 lane bridge going to be constructed? Or are the existing 2 bridges going to be joined together in the middle as one?

Quote Originally Posted by SSEiYah View Post
    What is going to go on with the May AVE Westbound bridge? right now there are 2 what I thought were referred to as "temporary bridges". Is a wider 5 lane bridge going to be constructed? Or are the existing 2 bridges going to be joined together in the middle as one?
    The half that westbound currently drives on is new and was built way back when the the project first got underway. The other half of this new bridge will be built when the bridge beside it(eastbound side) is demolished.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanosaurus View Post
    The Last wing is up being attached on the bridge.
    Here are some crappy cell phone shots:
    I wonder how long it will take them to build the median, clean, and paint. There was the December 20 date floating around which is Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I wonder how long it will take them to build the median, clean, and paint. There was the December 20 date floating around which is Tuesday.
    When I saw that picture I thought the same thing....

i'd be shocked if the 20th hasn't been pushed back, especially since it's been raining over the past couple days. -M

It looks like a giant mosquito crashed. It also gives you an idea how wide the freeway is - maybe too wide.

I wish Google Maps would get our 45 degree angle up and going. I'd like to see the difference between new overhead shots and new 45 degree shots on this stretch of road. There's plenty of difference between various portions of highway in Tulsa!

I'm just waiting for that HD streetview!

Huh?

The new streetview from Google Maps, the car was in the metro area and all around the state this summer. I'm 99% sure they will be in HD.

Oh yeah, I saw the car, but hadn't heard of HD views.

http://newsok.com/new-i-40-in-oklaho...rticle/3632077

ftw? It says the new boulevard is included in MAPS 3. I know this is technically possible. Either this reporter has his head in his bumhole, or the Oklahoman is privy to information and not fully reporting the importance of this part of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by ABryant View Post

ftw? It says the new boulevard is included in MAPS 3. I know this is technically possible. Either this reporter has his head in his bumhole, or the Oklahoman is privy to information and not fully reporting the importance of this part of the story.
    Not directly, no. Obviously MAPS 3 would evolve around the new boulevard.

From today's Oklahoman:

The state Transportation Department stopped short of naming a target date Wednesday, but spokeswoman Brenda Perry said lanes in one or both directions of the new freeway should be open sometime in January.

Read more: http://newsok.com/new-i-40-in-oklaho...#ixzz1gcOkf7IE

Quote Originally Posted by ABryant View Post

Hard to say, their has been planes to use the alignment for the street car and is likely to have the park & cc impacted by it, to some extent it does not matter though which branding it may fall under the city does seem to have more interest in it's final design than most roads around town.

ODOT employee on the NewsOK comment section is saying MAPS3 money is being used for the SkyDance bridge as well as the new boulevard.

He seriously might want to consider deleting his comments. I don't know if he is right or wrong, but spreading info around without it coming from the PR department is asking for trouble. Identifying yourself as an ODOT employee makes you a representative of the department, and it could come across as official info, even though it might not be official vetted info from the PR dept.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWestOKC View Post
    ODOT employee on the NewsOK comment section is saying MAPS3 money is being used for the SkyDance bridge as well as the new boulevard.

He seriously might want to consider deleting his comments. I don't know if he is right or wrong, but spreading info around without it coming from the PR department is asking for trouble. Identifying yourself as an ODOT employee makes you a representative of the department, and it could come across as official info, even though it might not be official vetted info from the PR dept.
    Yeah, but it would be hard to prove he said that. I could call myself an ODOT employee.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Yeah, but it would be hard to prove he said that. I could call myself an ODOT employee.
    How many Ken's in Mustang work for ODOT on this particular project?

Are they going to put up some barriers? This just does not look safe.... I just remember that kid from Yukon being killed by a runaway semi tire.

Also, I thought it was supposed to be 10 lanes wide? This area has less lanes than the 4 lanes that is currently there. I hope this is temporary!

Quote Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post

Are they going to put up some barriers? This just does not look safe.... I just remember that kid from Yukon being killed by a runaway semi tire.

Also, I thought it was supposed to be 10 lanes wide? This area has less lanes than the 4 lanes that is currently there. I hope this is temporary!
    I do believe it is temporary. That is just one-half of the roadway. Pretty impressive. Room for 6 lanes on each side.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWestOKC View Post
    How many Ken's in Mustang work for ODOT on this particular project?
    Thats if he actually works on the crosstown project. He's full of it regardless. He says the completion date was always 2012 when ODOT's own documentation said 2010. However, he can say the date has aways been 2012 since construction started. Edit: Actually, I don't think thats true. I believe It was announce it would be 2012 right after the I-40 canal bridge construction got started, but that was a token project meant to allow the city to expand the canal to the river which they didn't get to do.

http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/newsm...own-NR5-13.pdf
    http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/newsm...cquisition.pdf

Then of course he says MAPS money is being used for the boulevard which is untrue unless your talking about anything on the bouelvard associated with light rail.

Thread Information