Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ninth & Broadway

Default Re: East of Broadway on Ninth...

Quote Originally Posted by platemaker
    ...the lot across the street from sara sara and iguana will be new construction and house table 10 and seasons.
    i'd like to hear more about this... anyone have details? -M

2. Default Re: East of Broadway on Ninth...

There is also a thread on Table One, but in fairness, the poster typed Table 10 so I was confused myself. What is Seasons though?

4. Default Re: East of Broadway on Ninth...

Seasons is Ryan and Jonathan's catering company. Table One started as an offshoot of the catering business.

Right on, I knew they catered, just didn't know the name of it.

i thought that might be the same thing, but the "10" threw me off, too. that sounds like a really neat concept! -M

Sorry... didn't mean to type the '0'. There used to be place called Table 10 in Tulsa though... maybe that's where it came from.

Table One and Seasons are currently in the same building.

I worry about this area being able to support this many restaurants right now. There just aren't enough people living in the area. I know it will get support from the Heritage Hills crowd but four restaurants could be more than they can handle. In all reality the Nichols Hills crowd needs to catch on more in this whole area.

One of the good things about having an NBA team is that it pulls people downtown several nights a week. There are also a lot of people working downtown and at the Health Sciences Center who go out for lunch every day. The more we have downtown, the more people focus on that area when thinking about dining options, IMO. As long as there are multiple types of food options in the immediate area, I think it's a plus to have them all together. If you planned to go to one restaurant and there's a wait, you might pop over to a different one and see if you can get seated sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCSC View Post
    I worry about this area being able to support this many restaurants right now. There just aren't enough people living in the area. I know it will get support from the Heritage Hills crowd but four restaurants could be more than they can handle. In all reality the Nichols Hills crowd needs to catch on more in this whole area.
    Have you ever noticed that Iguana is probably one of the busiest restaurants in the downtown area?

Seriously. That guys comment is laughable. Do you realize the downtown crowd alone could support that restaurant? Heritage Hills crowd, etc. isn't populated enough to support much. Auto Alley could easily support several more restaurants. I'd like to see a pizza by the slice place open up.

12. Default Re: East of Broadway on Ninth...

Quote Originally Posted by OKCSC View Post
    Gotta try, dude.

13. Default Re: East of Broadway on Ninth...

I'm going to insist we call this new "district" EBoNi.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

cool. go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    I'm going to insist we call this new "district" EBoNi.
    I just pissed myself....

16. Default Re: East of Broadway on Ninth...

LOL, of course metro thought I was being serious...
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

I have been thinking "pizza by the slice" place too. Either along broadway or somewhere near Cheevers (in uptown).

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    LOL, of course metro thought I was being serious...
    Nope, I knew you were mainly sarcastic, and especially waiting for my response.

EBoNi's Pizza by the Slice.......now we have a name we just need an operator!

20. Default Re: East of Broadway on Ninth...

OK, now I've got a bigger ambition when it comes to OKC Talk Nirvana - I dream of sipping a cup of Sanka while talking about glories of the Interstate highway system with Tom Elmore at Coffee Slingers. And while there, Metro and Spartan are singing a duet performance of "Ebony and Ivory."
    My plan is to capture all this on video and become an Internet superstar and an instant millionare.
    Or am I being too ambitious here?

that's all great... but what kind of CHAIRS were you all sitting in? -M

22. Default Re: East of Broadway on Ninth...

Damn comfortable ones. Only the very best big man's chair made with Mahogany leather from Bob Mills Furniture, because he's the working man's friend.

23. Default Re: East of Broadway on Ninth...

Which one of them is pretending to be ebony? They are both pretty white.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

24. Default Re: East of Broadway on Ninth...

"EBoNi's Pizza by the Slice.......now we have a name we just need an operator! "
    Now, as for the ivory part ... don't make me think that hard.

25. Default Re: East of Broadway on Ninth...

Steve, I was referring to when Spartan and metro sing "Ebony and Ivory"
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Thread Information