Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sara Sara Cupcakes

Default Re: Sara Sara Cupcakes

Their building on 9th -- like most others in that 9th street corridor -- is owned by Steve Mason.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    So according to their FB page they are relocating from their nice location on 9th Street to this location on Western.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.4966...2!8i6656?hl=en

Seems like an odd move to me. I don't know if they own or rent that 9th Street location. I suppose it's possible if they rent that the price has gone up and they can't justify the increase.
    The margin on cupcakes can't be too high - and I wonder if much of their traffic is pick-up and go, which makes the rent for such a high profile space, without really simple parking, too high to handle?

I love looking at graveyards whilst enjoying cupcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    The margin on cupcakes can't be too high - and I wonder if much of their traffic is pick-up and go, which makes the rent for such a high profile space, without really simple parking, too high to handle?
    I thought the ship had long since sailed on the cupcake craze. Surprised anyone is still trying to do specialty cupcakes as a primary venture - seems you'd have to do something broader to anchor such a business now.

5. Default Re: Sara Sara Cupcakes

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    I thought the ship had long since sailed on the cupcake craze. Surprised anyone is still trying to do specialty cupcakes as a primary venture - seems you'd have to do something broader to anchor such a business now.
    They added crepes to their menu a couple of years ago.... But yeah I thought the cupcake fad trended several years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TheirTheir View Post
    I love looking at graveyards whilst enjoying cupcakes.
    haha! Sara Sara joining Pearl's going graveside

I don't understand. Has a new building been erected at 26th & Western? Will they be operating from a food truck?

8. Default Re: Sara Sara Cupcakes

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post
    I don't understand. Has a new building been erected at 26th & Western? Will they be operating from a food truck?
    They are going in the building I linked to on Google Map.

HangryHippo Guest

So according to their FB page they are relocating from their nice location on 9th Street to this location on Western.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.4966...2!8i6656?hl=en

Seems like an odd move to me. I don't know if they own or rent that 9th Street location. I suppose it's possible if they rent that the price has gone up and they can't justify the increase.
    I don't get this move at all, but best of luck to them!

10. Default Re: Sara Sara Cupcakes

Probably looking for drive-up/thru capability. Also maybe lease was up..?

11. Default Re: Sara Sara Cupcakes

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Probably looking for drive-up/thru capability. Also maybe lease was up..?
    If I had to take a guess, and I do because I have no info, that would be my guess.

That and the cupcake fad was waned..... I'm still a little shocked at the rundown little shack they are moving to though.

They are going in the building I linked to on Google Map.
    Yow! I'll drive by and see how it looks. It'll take a lot of lipstick to make that a cute cupcake shop!

Yeah, you'll notice it if you drive by. Hard to miss that sign on that building. Bright, modern logo, slapped right on top of that thing. Wow.

It is also half a mile from Cuppies and Joe... which, in my opinion, serves a much tastier cupcake! Best of luck to them though...

Sara Sara has closed - September 21st was their last day according to their FB page. But looking through the window the store is spotless: The floor has been mopped, cooking utensils cleaned and put away, even coffee filters are stacked and ready to use. Trash has been placed in dumpsters, exterior signs have been stacked around the side, and the main sign in front has been painted over. I assume the credit for this goes to the former owner. Her business had a 10-year run, but when the game was over, it appears that she finished with dignity & class.

^

November 21st was their last day of operation, which is what I'm sure you meant.

That stinks. They just moved to Western recently. Odd location and that clearly didn't help them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

November 21st was their last day of operation, which is what I'm sure you meant.
    Yes - it was a long day yesterday, and I was juxtaposing my Septembers & Novembers! Good to have vigilant editors around here!

The cupcake fad is mostly over it seems, so the shops that will remain are going to have to carve out a following.

This place just had such a weird location. There's absolutely no foot traffic on that part of Western and most people driving north through that part of town are going to use Classen.

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    The cupcake fad is mostly over it seems, so the shops that will remain are going to have to carve out a following.
    Specialty ice cream, gourmet cupcakes, giant cookies....

I'll agree, it's hard justifying $3-4 for a cupcake, scoop, or single cookie...

My wife does cupcakes, cakes, pies and breads but cookies are her biggest seller. The one type specialty shops have a hard time when the boom goes bust.

Was this the one on 23rd east of Western in the houses? I know we tried the place that was in there many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    My wife does cupcakes, cakes, pies and breads but cookies are her biggest seller. The one type specialty shops have a hard time when the boom goes bust.

Was this the one on 23rd east of Western in the houses? I know we tried the place that was in there many years ago.
    The place in the 23rd Street Courts is Cuppies & Joe.

Sara Sara was on 8th in Auto Alley next to Iguana.

There's also an odd location on 23rd across from the church and by Super Cao Nguyen, a sara sara.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    There's also an odd location on 23rd across from the church and by Super Cao Nguyen, a sara sara.
    They have closed, see previous posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The place in the 23rd Street Courts is Cuppies & Joe.

Sara Sara was on 8th in Auto Alley next to Iguana.
    I know Cuppies & Joe we have been to. I think we stopped in at Sara Sara sometime when back in town.

Thread Information