Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the former news anchors?

1. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

SoonerBorn1973, I watch Jessica and Maggie at 5pm now, for "obvious reasons"!

Also, Scott Padgett announced his departure last night for Miami, so FOX25 will be getting a new Chief Meteorologist. My, how quickly things change. Scott basically said going to Miami was his dream job. Can't say I blame him.

Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

KOCO can't seriously get rid of Tyler Suiters, can they? He took them from a distant #3 to the #1 station.

However, I am not too surprised... They got rid of their previous two anchors as well. David Alan and Jim Patton were also let go. Does not seem like there is much job security!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    You sure that was the thumbs-up sign you were giving?

Heck yeah! That's it. I knew it was something but I put up the peace sign and that surely wasn't it. Thanks for the remembrance!

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry View Post
    KOCO can't seriously get rid of Tyler Suiters, can they? He took them from a distant #3 to the #1 station.
    As a news watcher, it takes more than one anchor to make or break ratings. Kimberly Lohman (Mrs Tyler Suiters) just finished her last Saturday in the anchor chair. Welcome to JiaoJiao (prounounced JowJow)Shen, a very competent anchor/reporter. Like the remainder on the KOCO on-air female talent, she is attractive without going to any plastic surgery/BOTOX extremes

5. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Quote Originally Posted by NE Oasis View Post
    As a news watcher, it takes more than one anchor to make or break ratings. Kimberly Lohman (Mrs Tyler Suiters) just finished her last Saturday in the anchor chair. Welcome to JiaoJiao (prounounced JowJow)Shen, a very competent anchor/reporter. Like the remainder on the KOCO on-air female talent, she is attractive without going to any plastic surgery/BOTOX extremes
    Yikes! I didn't know that about Kimberly being replaced. I would not dream of waking up at 5am on a weekend (nor a weekday for that matter) so I never saw Kimberly in her new time slot. I always liked the show at 10am on Saturdays.

Jiao Jiao is gonna have to bring something spectacular if she wants to beat Jennifer Pierce at 6am, and since Jennifer Pierce is off-the-charts beautiful, KOCO might as well just give it up.

Anyway, it really does sound like Tyler and Kimberly may be packing it up for new pastures. It's a soap-opera for sure in the news business.

Don't judge until you watch...From what i've seen...JiaoJiao is right up there w/ Jennifer and Tara (KFOR weekend anchor)....

What a shame! Kimberley and Tyler leaving? Wow. I've always enjoyed those two. They brought a lot to KOCO.

Where did you hear Kimberly and Tyler are leaving (for good)?

9. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Quote Originally Posted by rwood8 View Post
    Don't judge until you watch...From what i've seen...JiaoJiao is right up there w/ Jennifer and Tara (KFOR weekend anchor)....

Tara? Really? I'd get more entertainment from watching the grass grow or paint drying. IMO, she has absolutely no personality and she flubs the teleprompter too many times.

...Just trying to be nice, that's all...

Anyone watch KOCO this weekend? What'd you think?

11. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Just to throw in some stuff... we were looking at Jetta over at Cable Volkswagen on NW 39th Expressway and we talked to their internet sales guy, he just so happen to be Jack Bowen, and he even gave us a test drive.

He drives crazy. He even went from 50 to 0 within ten feet of a stop sign, hands off the wheel to show how the Jetta's handled with electronic stearing. Totally impressive.

12. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Quote Originally Posted by mmonroe View Post
    He drives crazy.
    Crazy as in wearing a fur coat and fake beard?

13. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

not that kind of crazy, lol.

We all talked in his office for hours. He even shared a dirty joke about OU fans and OSU fans, lol.

14. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Quote Originally Posted by rwood8 View Post
    Where did you hear Kimberly and Tyler are leaving (for good)?
    I don't think anyone has said that yet, it is just starting to look that way if the rumors are true about Tyler's contract renewal, added to the "clue" that Kimberly lost her anchoring job to JiaoJiao.

Even the fact what KOCO went all-female at 5pm might be a clue that something is up.

Hey A.T. - are you reading this??? I know you and Ty seemed to be good frens - do you have any inside trade for us? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by drumsncode View Post
    I don't think anyone has said that yet, it is just starting to look that way if the rumors are true about Tyler's contract renewal, added to the "clue" that Kimberly lost her anchoring job to JiaoJiao.

Even the fact what KOCO went all-female at 5pm might be a clue that something is up.

Hmm...Interesting.

who said Kimberly Lohman was fired from the weekend. Maybe she just didn't want to wake up at 3 in the morning on weekends.
    Does anyone know if it is included in contracts that an anchor will anchor specific broadcasts or are the contracts flexible?

Whatever happened to Heather Spencer? She used to do the local report on KGOU (NPR).
    She has one of the most soothing voices that I have ever heard on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by tlltnkr47 View Post
    Whatever happened to Heather Spencer? She used to do the local report on KGOU (NPR).
    She has one of the most soothing voices that I have ever heard on the radio.
    She is now working at OU/Gaylord College as a career and internship coordinator for JMC students.

20. Default Re: Where are all the former news anchors?

Melissa Newton, former FOX25 Weekend Anchor:

Melissa Newton - Talent Biographies News Story - KXAS | Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by FFLady View Post
    Hey A.T. - are you reading this??? I know you and Ty seemed to be good frens - do you have any inside trade for us? :-)
    Yeah, I'm still around...

Yes, I know the details, but suffice it to say the rumors are true. Tyler and Kimberly are leaving and heading to greener pastures. I believe his last day is sometime this week.

Also, Chris Callahan is also leaving. That whole place will be completely turned over in a years time. Read my posts on my thread to gain an understanding why.

AT

Thanks for the reply Aaron - I'm a little late but from the Boards of the Lost Ogle:

If you are reading this, that means you have survived today’s torrential downpour. Either that or you have invented some sort of device that allows you to read the internet under water. In which case we drool with envy.

We heard today the unfortunate news that Tyler Suiters and his sweet, sweet veiny arms are apparently out at KOCO and his last day will be next week. We’re fans of Tyler and his wife, Kimberly Lohman, and we wish them all the best. Between Suiters, Constance Jones and Aaron Tuttle, Channel 5 has lost a lot of Ogle favorites over the past few months. We’re afraid Husker Rick and Jessica Shambach should be watching their backs.

We know what you are wondering. No, at this moment The Lost Ogle is not ready to make our endorsement for Suiters’ replacement. We are, however, prepared to fight tooth and nail against the hiring of Bill Self’s Toupee, who is rumored to be receiving a six-figure deal to do the 10 o’clock news if Self is hired to coach at OSU. Though we are fans of diversity in the marketplace, and it is true inanimate objects are not well represented in the OKC media, we simply do not feel Bill Self’s Toupee is the right choice for KOCO at this time.

Best wishes, Tyler and Kimberly. If you ever need anything, just page us.

Wow.

What is KOCO thinking? They've been getting rid of their best talent. First AT, Constance, and now Tyler and Kimberly?

Sure, Jessica and Maggie are nice to look at, but jeez!

It's all a part of the business.

...I wouldn't be surprised if there were more changes to come...

Will they make an announcement or will he just be replaced?

Thread Information