Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 401 Lofts (Boyd & Classen)

Default Re: 401 Lofts (Boyd & Classen)

OKYEAH- Actually, you're incorrect. If you go to LOFT401, you will see an interior rendering from the SECOND FLOOR on the "LOFTS" page - which will be the first floor and lowest level of units. You will see that in the background a plain view of the stadium is clearly visible. Again, THIS IS FROM THE SECOND FLOOR... 3rd and 4th floor residents will get an even better angle of the city/campus. As hard as we tried, President Boren wasn't open to letting us build on campus land

Just to clarify, we never tried to build these on campus land... Was only kidding. Keep the questions/comments coming! Everyone stay dry today!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Looks a bit too high to be selling like that. I thought those kind of living would be monthly or yearly rent. I would pick a house with full potential front and back yards for that price.
    That's a good price compared to the lofts and condo's selling downtown. You have to remember, with this style of living you're buying a lifestyle, not a yard.

So, I thought avatars were limited to 100x100?

5. Default Re: 401 Lofts (Boyd & Classen)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    So, I thought avatars were limited to 100x100?
    I guess his case is an exception. He's only posting in this thread for his project.

I attempted to resize the avatar but was unable to... I apologize if this is an annoyance...

And "metro" nailed it, this is a lifestyle you are buying into... This is not the conventional "home" living experience, rather, this is an urban environment located just blocks from campus and entertainment, as well as having all the amenities of an exclusive condominium project.

7. Default Re: 401 Lofts (Boyd & Classen)

Here is the smaller size. Height is 100 and the width is 181. You can upload that one, if you want, that way you can also discuss many other topics without the huge avatar.

It is a nice place, not for me, but still is a nice place. When will it be done?

Quote Originally Posted by LOFT401 View Post
    I attempted to resize the avatar but was unable to... I apologize if this is an annoyance...

And "metro" nailed it, this is a lifestyle you are buying into... This is not the conventional "home" living experience, rather, this is an urban environment located just blocks from campus and entertainment, as well as having all the amenities of an exclusive condominium project.
    And also right next to a convenience store AND the Mont! That location is very attractive in Norman IF you can get past the train horn as it blows through Boyd (at least until the quiet zone is implemented).

The project is scheduled for completion Summer 2010.

Here is an actual view from Unit 206... Pretty amazing.

link

Please let me know if you have any questions...
    Last edited by Martin; 05-07-2009 at 09:42 AM. Reason: fixed link...

Link did not post.

link fixed... -M

I had friends live at the Edge for a couple years and the train was never an issue there, at least when we were indoors.

loft, what other property did you consider for this project? i know u joked about on campus, but what other sides of campus were you looking into, if at all?

Administrator - thank you for repairing the link.

Blangtang - While we are considering other projects for the future, I'm sure you can understand that we cannot reveal our trade secrets (and future locations) until everything is wrapped up. I can tell you that we do have plans for future projects for the area. Stay tuned, and keep the buzz going about LOFT 401! Thanks to all of you. - Andy

16. Default Re: 401 Lofts (Boyd & Classen)

^So that's what this is, I ride my bike frequently by this area. I like the floor-to-ceiling glass and the modern-European interiors. This will definitely add a new style of living to Norman, looks very nice.

Just a quick question, is a storm room or safe shelter area going to be included within the complex? This is in tornado alley after all. Also, is the glass you'll be using of a stronger type? I was wondering about what might happen if we got a storm with 60mph+ winds and baseball sized hail.

OUman-

Thank you for the questions. While we do not have plans for a dilineated storm room, I can tell you that considering the parking garage will be made of concrete this would be the obvious place to take shelter with any impending storms.--The parking garage also happens to be the lowest place in the development.

As far as the glass within the project goes, it will be of high quality, damage resistent glass. I do not the exact specifications but when I get them I will let you know. Thanks again, feel free to ask any questions anytime.

The reservations are coming in, so act quickly! Only 35 units total! -- Quite a few less than that now. Please call me to take a tour of the showroom if you would like to see the finishes. Andy (405) 249-4442

18. Default Re: 401 Lofts (Boyd & Classen)

^Ahh ok, thanks! Good to know about the glass too.

Quote Originally Posted by OUman View Post
    ^So that's what this is, I ride my bike frequently by this area. I like the floor-to-ceiling glass and the modern-European interiors. This will definitely add a new style of living to Norman, looks very nice.

Just a quick question, is a storm room or safe shelter area going to be included within the complex? This is in tornado alley after all. Also, is the glass you'll be using of a stronger type? I was wondering about what might happen if we got a storm with 60mph+ winds and baseball sized hail.
    How many severe tornadoes have hit the OU Campus? This is no different than the condos in Downtown OKC, or the skyscrapers with several hundred feet of glass from ground to 500ft.

Thank you for your input, Metro!

Ladies and Gentlemen...

We are hosting an open house tomorrow from 4-7PM at our sales office. Please come by and take a look at our finish options, as well as enjoy drinks and hors d'ouvres! We look forward to seeing anyone who can attend.

Sincerely - Loft401 Sales Team

Weird to have an open house on a Thursday afternoon.

Smile Re: 401 Lofts (Boyd & Classen)

why not Thursday night!? I'll be there

Quote Originally Posted by LOFT401 View Post
    The project is scheduled for completion Summer 2010.

I went by today. Looks like a dirt overflow parking lot for the Mont. There was a sign though. The old building is gone as well.

Maybe they need to pre-sell 1/3 or 1/2 of the units to proceed. Not gonna be completed by summer 2010.

Hope they still get it done, Norman needs more infill like this!

25. Default Re: 401 Lofts (Boyd & Classen)

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    How many severe tornadoes have hit the OU Campus? This is no different than the condos in Downtown OKC, or the skyscrapers with several hundred feet of glass from ground to 500ft.
    Well it just takes one, doesn't matter how many have or have not hit campus. When building anything of a vertical nature (with that much glass) you have to take into account that this is tornado alley after all, and contrary to the urban myth, Norman can be hit by tornadoes, I believe Mother Nature proved that very clearly in June. It's a legitimate question. And I have seen what baseball sized hail can do firsthand, it's not pretty.

Thread Information