Widgets Magazine
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 121314151617

Thread: Tiffany Apartments

1. Default Re: Tiffany Apartments

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Within pretty easy walking/biking from Tiffany: Dave & Buster, Whataburger, Jack in the Box, Att Store, Popeyes, Walgreens, Mayfair Liquor, CVS, UPS, Michaels, Inter Bank, Steinmark, Aldi, North May Dental, Sola Salon, Hampton Inn, DXL, Target, Office Depot, Extended Stay, Chesters Billiars & Grill, Rays Cafe, Wheeler Deeler, GRP Fly Clothing, Mayfair Barber, AM Nails, El Sombrero Mexican Restaurant, Ron's Hamburgers, Plant Wisdon Garden Center, Sheesh Mahal, State Farm Ins., Family Medical Supply, EZ Quick StopHoliday Inn, Hilton Garden, Mediterranean Imports & Deli, Renter's Warecouse, IBC Bank, Journey House Travel, Jimmy John's, Nail Spa, Best Buy, Guitar Center, S&B, Armandos, EZ Pawn, Home Depot, American Cleaners, City Bites, Comfort Inn, Baptist Hospital, 360 Restaurant, and lots of smaller ones I haven't mentioned .... If you are willing to walk to a mile away (I know that SOUNDS far, but in NYC, 10-15 block walk to get where you want is nothing) there are MANY more things.... Restaurants of all types, shopping of all types, book stores (B&N, Half Price Books), Grocery (Sprouts), bars. There are sidewalks and is a safe area. Uber one mile to Penn Square and there is much more. This area has WAY more to do than downtown whether anyone will admit it or not. It is a different style, but affords a great lifestyle if you want.... and generally affordable. Tiffany is one of 3 high rise living towers in the IMMEDIATE area...more than downtown.
    not to be dismissive, but Downtown OKC has more than just the Regency. Park Harvey apartments is a highrise and there are apartments (or are they condos) in the top of the City Place skyscraper (far taller than any in the city). The former Montgomery Ward downtown is 10 floors, right?

Anyway, I do agree that Tiffany has a wealth of retail options nearby but I personally would much rather live in a downtown tower; as was said - different style/audience.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tiffany Apartments

Park Harvey is apartments

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    not to be dismissive, but Downtown OKC has more than just the Regency. Park Harvey apartments is a highrise and there are apartments (or are they condos) in the top of the City Place skyscraper (far taller than any in the city). The former Montgomery Ward downtown is 10 floors, right?

Anyway, I do agree that Tiffany has a wealth of retail options nearby but I personally would much rather live in a downtown tower; as was said - different style/audience.
    I forgot about the Montgomery, but I would harldy count City Place. I believe they only have the penthouse as a condo. The building has never been built out as a condo OR apartment building. So, I stand corrected, The area has the same amount of hi-rises as downtown. LOL.

I agree that downtown is more attractive to some, and that the area around Tiffany is more attractive to others. The only point was that it is a pretty built-out affordable environment where you can walk, bike, and enjoy lots of eating, shopping and entertainment options.

CityPlace has a handful of condos at the top and private parking for them on the ground floor with custom overhead doors.

They are incredibly cool.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    CityPlace has a handful of condos at the top and private parking for them on the ground floor with custom overhead doors.

They are incredibly cool.
    Agreed. But I still wouldn’t call it a residential tower.

6. Default Re: Tiffany Apartments

...The only point was that it is a pretty built-out affordable environment where you can walk, bike, and enjoy lots of eating, shopping and entertainment options.
    And proximity to Lake Hefner is something that downtown doesn't have to offer. "Big-league cities" offer multiple lifestyle choices.

Nice story by our news partner KFOR; the video provides some insight on the interior finishes:

https://kfor.com/2018/06/27/iconic-h...on-renovation/

As to the name "Tiffany", while I technically can't correctly guess, it's an easy assumption to draw the connection with Tiffany's in NY (and Breakfast At Tiffany's), and a presumption of class or fanciful association.

Nice story by our news partner KFOR; the video provides some insight on the interior finishes:

https://kfor.com/2018/06/27/iconic-h...on-renovation/
    I'm looking forward to having more people next to our neighborhood!

Some photos:

Some details of interest:

- Basement will be for tenant storage and a common theater room
    - They will provide chargers for electric cars (as pictured above)
    - Fitness room is on the ground floor
    - The headlines mural is at the main entrance
    - All units will have washers and dryers
    - The are already 25% pre-leased
    - Hope to move in the first tenants Aug. 1

Some details of interest:

- Basement will be for tenant storage and a common theater room
    - They will provide chargers for electric cars (as pictured above)
    - Fitness room is on the ground floor
    - The headlines mural is at the main entrance
    - All units will have washers and dryers
    - The are already 25% pre-leased
    - Hope to move in the first tenants Aug. 1
    I'm really really considering this. and an Aug 1 move in would actually work out nicely... hmmm I need to make a decision...

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    I'm really really considering this. and an Aug 1 move in would actually work out nicely... hmmm I need to make a decision...
    Hurry if you want a unit with a nice view.

Blog Entries

LOVE that they're providing electric charging stations.

Went by last night for a little grand opening party.

The views on east-facing units are just jaw-dropping. Interesting fact: They actually pushed out the windows a bit to take some space from the balconies and create a little more room inside. Also, that place is a bunker; all the walls between the units are solid concrete.

BTW, some may remember that when the Tiffany opened in the late 60's, there was a German restaurant in the basement.

It was called Volkstube and here is an ad from 1968; sometime in the early 80's it became Hoagy's, a jazz club.

Pete, it was great to see you last night. Did Glenn tell you about the Geothermal heating and A/C units?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Pete, it was great to see you last night. Did Glenn tell you about the Geothermal heating and A/C units?
    Geothermal, or just water source heat pumps? Never saw holes drilled and ground loop installed.

Geothermal, or just water source heat pumps? Never saw holes drilled and ground loop installed.
    From the newsok.com article: "It uses a passive, geothermal heating and air conditioning system and a softened, “instant hot” style water system, which will save water and be more efficient. It also has electric vehicle charging stations and a bicycle storage and repair area."

https://newsok.com/article/5599833/t...ity-apartments

Not sure if that answers your question or not. I need to look at pics, but the system is located on the NW side of the property and it is two stories tall, so it is hard to miss...

The geothermal system you can see to the right of this picture that Pete took.

Blog Entries

Beauty of the geothermal system is that there isn’t anything above ground to see. Passive refers to the ground’s absorption of heat in a non-mechanical or “passive” way. So, I’m curious if that is the header system for some ground loops, or really a cooling tower and not a true GT....maybe a hybrid. I’ll have to swing by and look. I never saw any drilling going on for installing ground loops. There wasn’t enough surface area to do horizontal loops and I looked back in construction pictures posted here and never saw any drilling rigs for vertical loops.

Now that it is nearing the end of 2020, has anyone signed a lease in the last year and if so what has your experience been like. The place looks good from the road.

Thread Information