Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiffany Apartments

Default Re: Tiffany Apartments

Just read the Journal Record article re this project, Tulsa-based Ferguson Properties will be pumping $32 million in the redevelopment, and it will be designed by Maxum & Mint Development Group, wow!

http://www.maxumdevelopment.com/cs/default.asp

*To note, this will be Maxum's first project in Oklahoma, let's hope this opens doors for other projects in the future.

That comes out to $127,000 per unit. Not bad.

I will say though that I'm not a big fan of retaining the concrete paneling on the side of the tower. I wish they'd break those blank walls up a little more, insert more glass elements or something. The mid-rise addition just looks a lot more natural, a lot less eastern bloc.

It's a great location, has great views, and offers something relatively unique for OKC. I would think a big investment will be rewarded.

Really glad to know they will be spending some big bucks and hopefully doing this right.

The location has certainly turned around with other development around the area. This development has me thinking it may be time to thinking about making some significant pedestrian improvements around the NW Expressway. Imagine if you could live in a condo and walk to D&B, walk to restaurants, safely walk across May to Target, etc..

Would probably involve undoing ODOT's recent "improvements" to the interchange and having an at-grade intersection. But we don't really do at-grade around here, but what an opportunity we are throwing away once again by not having an at-grade intersection here. You could even do it without a roundabout!

A thriving Mayfair is right there, too.

It's a great little area and easy to get anywhere in town.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Just read the Journal Record article re this project, Tulsa-based Ferguson Properties will be pumping $32 million in the redevelopment, and it will be designed by Maxum & Mint Development Group, wow!

http://www.maxumdevelopment.com/cs/default.asp

*To note, this will be Maxum's first project in Oklahoma, let's hope this opens doors for other projects in the future.
    Just for clarity, they are spending $32 million total. The number includes property acquisition. Only numbers I could get.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey80 View Post
    Just for clarity, they are spending $32 million total. The number includes property acquisition. Only numbers I could get.
    If I read the article right, the property acquisition was only $5.8 million, which still lives $26 million for the actual project itself.

Just drove by a few minutes ago, there used to be a bunch of stuff (Chairs, clothes, flower pots, etc) on the balcony. There is nothing now. Wonder if anybody even lives there now?

Wow. Yes please. This would be a HUGE improvement and help OKC turn a corner in the suburban housing market.

Pete- why do you say Mayfair is thriving, the shopping center is half empty and needs renovating.

It was just renovated, right??

Sorry wrong thread...

I lived there for a short time in the early seventies, when there was still a severe flooding problem during heavy rain. The basement would fill up with water, all the way to the ceiling, and we'd have about two inches of water in the lobby. Cars in the parking lot would float away. I was surprised at how easy it was to guide a floating sedan to high ground so it wouldn't wash away completely.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I have been inside of one of those apartments once and it was about 20 years ago. I wasn't impressed then so I'm sure the residents will totally welcome this redevelopment.
    residents were informed in may that they had to be out by June 1st. good friend lived there for years. this lady on his floor was in her late 60s and grew up there...she had her apartment and the one she grew up in whixh was across the hall. she was devestated....I have no idea where she's gone to..

they showed the above rendering/site plan to the resident when they informed they they were having to leave. and also informed them they didn't have full funding for the development/renovation yet. seems like they were ahead of themselves with kicking people out.

14. Default Re: Tiffany Apartments

seaofchange, like they are vacating the building? Did they go under?

any updates on this renovation/expansion?

I've been wondering as well, haven't noticed any work on site.

Lights are still on on the exterior of the building..as I noticed tonight.

Lots of broken out windows.
    Hope this gets renovated soon since I just bought a house nearby.

Haven't seen any work going on lately.

HangryHippo Guest

Yeah, I guess the renovation deal fell apart. Nothing going on.

That's too bad... cause it really is an eye sore.

22. Default Re: Tiffany Apartments

Doze it.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Yeah, I guess the renovation deal fell apart. Nothing going on.
    I have no info, but I wouldn't call it dead yet, just because of no activity, funding, planning and permits take time.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Doze it.
    Good thing this building isn't downtown or half the posters on this board would be handcuffing themselves to the building and you would be enemy #1. lol

ugly ... implode it

Thread Information