Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think has the best gyro in the OKC area?

Default Who do you think has the best gyro in the OKC area?

Zorbas = good

Sicilian Pizza Cafe off Memorial for some reason has the best I have ever had... I mean ever! They give you a ton of meat and everything is fresh.

Who do you all think has the best gyro?

Default Re: Who do you think has the best gyro in the OKC area?

Greek House in Norman.

So far I'd say Zorba's. There is also a good little Gyro shop (2 actually) right off NW Expressway and Rockwell. One is in a tiny freestanding building in the Hobby Lobby parking lot and the other is in the strip center across the street. There is also a really good Greek place in Bethany on NW 23rd almost to Council. It is in front of the old Bethany/Deaconness Hospital. I believe it used to be a Long John Silvers.

Greek House hands down. Nobody comes close to touching theirs...

What BFizzy and John said. Not even hard to get to most days.

another vote for greek house... i've been to plenty of gyro shops and they're the best i've had.

but... if norman is too far to drive, i recommend the mediterrannean grill near sw 74th & western. athena greek on sw 59th & penn is good, too.

i can't get past zorba's putting pickles on their gyros... it's just wrong! ok... zorba's isn't bad for gyros... just not at the top of my list.

-M

ok i had greek house for the first time yesterday it was ok nothing special, dont see why everyone makes a big deal about it. akropolis in midwest city is good, have to get the supreme gyro with black olives and feta on it

mmm, i went to zorbas last week and got a gyro and it didn't have pickles on it. that's the second time I've got one at their new location and neither time did it come with pickles.

Anyone tried Sweiss (sp) Brothers. . .about NW 21/22 and May?? Had one today. . . don't remember pickles, but it was LOADED with meat. . . almost enough for 2.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    There is also a really good Greek place in Bethany on NW 23rd almost to Council. It is in front of the old Bethany/Deaconness Hospital. I believe it used to be a Long John Silvers.
    That is Athens and it is great. They have some of the best meat of any that I have tried around OKC.

Here is a review on them.
    Athens is great for a little taste of Persia | Oklahoma City Restaurants

11. Default Re: Who do you think has the best gyro in the OKC area?

Greek House hands down

I love me some Zorbas, but Sweiss brothers is also great. The gyros are HUGE and they have a pretty neat little grocery section. Plus fresh pita bread 3 days a week.

Greek House is greatness.

In OKC, there is a place called the Olive cafe (I think), on Sheridan by the Lunch Box. It's pretty solid, and has a wider menu as well.

Gyros City on the Expressway

15. Default Re: Who do you think has the best gyro in the OKC area?

That gas station on Danforth and Boulevard in Edmond.

Wow.... Super good and super cheap. Best food item to come out of a gas station... EVER.

But the old Mediterranean Market on May. Hands down the best this side of the Black Sea.

have had Athens and Greek House many times, and Athens is hand downs a better place for Gyro

will have to try the Danforth and Blvd one today, didn't even know they served food

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBV View Post
    In OKC, there is a place called the Olive cafe (I think), on Sheridan by the Lunch Box. It's pretty solid, and has a wider menu as well.
    2nd. Olive Branch Cafe (1 N. Hudson) is very tasty. They have a lunch buffet but I liked the menu better. Gyro's are quite good.

The Sweis in Quail Springs Mall food court added about 25lbs to my body for several years. Thank god I've lost that weight, then some! Still irresistible, which is why I stay away from there as often as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    So far I'd say Zorba's. There is also a good little Gyro shop (2 actually) right off NW Expressway and Rockwell. One is in a tiny freestanding building in the Hobby Lobby parking lot and the other is in the strip center across the street. There is also a really good Greek place in Bethany on NW 23rd almost to Council. It is in front of the old Bethany/Deaconness Hospital. I believe it used to be a Long John Silvers.
    When I want a gyro, I go to the NW Expressway/Rockwell one in the Hobby Lobby center. Cheap and really good.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop186 View Post
    When I want a gyro, I go to the NW Expressway/Rockwell one in the Hobby Lobby center. Cheap and really good.
    Is that the place in the parking lot?

Nah, it's the one that's facing NWExpressway in the little strip center. I believe it's the Hobby Lobby parking lot though I could be mistaken - I know it's in a pretty good-sized parking lot with something, I think it's Hobby Lobby, in it. I can tell you for sure it's on the SW side of the street. Honestly I don't get out that way much but when I do I'm sure to stop by the place for lunch.

I just remember driving around NW OKC one day and I saw a gyro place in the parking lot of some strip mall. It was about the size of a snow cone stand... Thought that was a pretty cool idea, but never got around to trying them.

You're talking about Gyros City. It's west of NW Expressway and Rockwell.

Ah, thanks Lurker. I thought that was the name of it, but I'm bad at names.

Thread Information