Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Vote for the new OKC Thunder logo

1. Default Re: Vote for the new OKC Thunder logo

I bought that generic shirt.

2. Default Re: Vote for the new OKC Thunder logo

One of the links posted a humor as to what OKC's Pro Football team would be.

"The logo says nothing about the team, the city, or the mascot. All it says is swooshy colors and “basketball.” I just hope the state of Oklahoma never gets a pro football team, I shudder to think what their logo would look like."

Default Re: Vote for the new OKC Thunder logo

Although I am in the group which doesn't particularly like the logo, I must confess I've already forgotten about it. And, in looking at other NBA logos, I'm not sure ours doesn't fit right in. Very few of them are interesting at all. When it comes down to it, were I in Washington D.C., I'd be cheering on the team with the worst name, the silliest logo and the ugliest road uniforms, thinking nothing of it at all. Where's all the uproar about a team named the Wizards, with that ridiculous logo and those disgusting black and gold road unis? If there was any, people have long since forgotten about it. I'm excited about watching NBA basketball in Oklahoma City.

Maybe the Thunder can go talk with the people that designed the OKC Redhawks logo.

Good thought process. The Wizards logo sucks so it is OK for the Thunder logo to suck.

6. Default Re: Vote for the new OKC Thunder logo

As much as I hate it...I'm getting over it.

7. Default Re: Vote for the new OKC Thunder logo

I like The redhawks logo an colors

8. Default Re: Vote for the new OKC Thunder logo

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    "The logo says nothing about the team, the city, or the mascot. All it says is swooshy colors and “basketball.”
    That's the case with at least a third of the NBA logos, but I don't see anyone complaining about those. It's just anti-Oklahoma bias.

9. Default Re: Vote for the new OKC Thunder logo

I think it is fine. Clay and his team knows what they are doing. They want to give it time to get the feel of how the team is and develop their own identity. The time will come when the right logo will be made. Something like this shouldn't be rushed. They did the best they can for now.

Thread Information