Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Worst local commercial?

Default Re: Worst local commercial?

Flo is hot?
    Put down the remote, step away from the tv.
    It's time to got outside for some fresh air.

I remember about 12 years ago I worked for Furniture discounters(out of biz),and Jhonny Ross did a commercial for Mr. Flutie and it was GOLD,he just brings energy and fast waving arms,Great guy!

Next time I see the commercial for GlobalHealth with those kids singing Better Than Ezra's "Good," I'mma give 'em all the chance to use the health care they're so damn proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Next time I see the commercial for GlobalHealth with those kids singing Better Than Ezra's "Good," I'mma give 'em all the chance to use the health care they're so damn proud of.
    I agree...that is a very annoying and disturbing ditty...a bitch-slap is called for here...

Although it's not the worst nor most annoying commercial, I chuckle when I see the Salazar Roofing pickup truck parked in the handicapped space in front of their office...

Meh. They're using her to sell their crap; she's fair game for ridicule as far as I'm concerned. I get the heebie-jeebies every time I hear the "letouwfamiwybiuwdyouwfamiwy'shome" line, for reals. I wouldn't let her family build my family's anything. Unless it was some sort of device that would block their own commercials from appearing on my TV.
    I just saw a new Richardson Homes commercial which is conspicuously absent of the girl, and her signature line is delivered, off-screen, by several singers.

I hope I'm not premature in saying this but I believe our long national nightmare may be over.

"let our family build your family's home!"

**cue jingle** ♪♪ "life is good living in a Richardson home!"

...yeah, those spots are 'special'

I just saw a new Richardson Homes commercial which is conspicuously absent of the girl, and her signature line is delivered, off-screen, by several singers.

I hope I'm not premature in saying this but I believe our long national nightmare may be over.
    Same with Mathis Brothers! No talking at all on the commercial!

That'll probably change though.....

Cool Re: Worst local commercial?

The undisputed king of all bad local commercials is undoubtedly...

BOOMER Q ON MY PLATE!!!
    BOOMER Q ON MY PLATE!!!
    JUST CAN'T WAIT...
    TO GET SOME BOOMER Q ON MY PLATE!!!

Collectively car commercials stick out in my mind as the worst, but after I quick getting cable two years ago and have been watching seasons of TV and movies on netflix so I rarely have seen any commercials especially local ones recently.

Side note: it is not uncommon when they have their children or grand kids in commercials it is a way to give the kids money either for spending or college fund and it be a business write off. The main mistake their it needs to be done so the kids do not negatively affect the ad.

Are you Christian? Are you single? Are you Christian and single? hahahahahha

LMAO @ theilluminatedfirefly. I know exactly who you're talking about the guy swinghing his disjointed arm. Too me, any commercial he's in is the most embarrassing; however Oklahoma City certainly has their fair share.

Mr. Spriggs Bar-B-Q...

Quote Originally Posted by jmarkross View Post
    Mr. Spriggs Bar-B-Q...
    Yeah...I agree. Are we supposed to eat it or screw it?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCNDN View Post
    Yeah...I agree. Are we supposed to eat it or screw it?

Were the BBQ sufficiently GOOD enough--
    as case could be made for doing both! Have not eaten there...

16. Default Re: Worst local commercial?

Nothing to do with the direct topic, but it was still a commercial. What happened to that old lady that kept saying, "What Grandma says, Grandma does?" Is she still alive or completely dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Nothing to do with the direct topic, but it was still a commercial. What happened to that old lady that kept saying, "What Grandma says, Grandma does?" Is she still alive or completely dead?
    Undead.

I have heard--rumored--that the guys who said that were swept into a windshield of glass by Jor-el and sent off into the universe in permanent penance for their ads...they were last heard pleading..."forgive me! forgive me!"

windshield of glass
    Also known as the Phantom Zone. But yeah, "Windshield of Glass" works, too. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Luxton View Post
    Also known as the Phantom Zone. But yeah, "Windshield of Glass" works, too. . .
    If memory serves me correctly (a crap-shoot, at best) the TV ad in question was a windshield replacement company...hence the modification of the pane...

Not sure if this has been mentioned a couple dozen times but those Edmond Hyundai radio commercials drive me nuts.

22. Default Re: Worst local commercial?

If memory serves me correctly (a crap-shoot, at best) the TV ad in question was a windshield replacement company...hence the modification of the pane...
    I think the name of the place was Glass Masters. I remember the commercial. They claimed loudly that your windshield replacement was FREE because they covered your deductible. Then, in the fine print, they said they would only cover deductibles up to $100. I don't know about anyone else, but my deductible has never been that low.

I-35 Credit Auto (well--actually all of these type--including Regal) with the cheap-jack canned caricature of the baby punker "Kidd Credit". A new low in advertising, worldwide.

That was actually a regional, if not national ad. I saw it in Albuquerque.

Quote Originally Posted by Free Won't View Post
    That was actually a regional, if not national ad. I saw it in Albuquerque.
    Regional...probably "canned"....ads that are generic enough to be used nationwide...like Marcum's Nursery with those dreadfully stupid rabbit characters...the hyper-cheap way to do ads in medium/small markets. They even have SALES on those off-the-rack ad campaigns! Ha!

Thread Information