Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Fox & Hound

Default Re: The Fox & Hound

Does Lumpys still allow smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Does Lumpys still allow smoking?
    Ugh.

I stuck my head in there a few months ago not even thinking about the smoking thing and was hit with a wall of smoke and never even stepped fully in the place.

Yup. I can't handle smoking places any more. So many smoke free options have spoiled me.

Unless the OKC ones are different, Buffalo Wild Wings has every pro sports package and every space on every wall covered in TVs exclusively programmed for sports (aside from a TV occassionally for handheld trivia). Do some people come for their wings? Sure. But BWWs is constantly packed with geographically displaced fans catching their teams becaues its one nowhere else, people packing in to watch UFC, or just to watch the most popular local team. When the NCAA tourney starts people pack BWWs all day to watch games. BWWs always has the audio on for a sports game, not music. Sports drives the concept and feel of the place. I actually can't think of a concept more organized around watching sports than BWWs.

Unfortunately, maybe there is a difference between the Oklahoma BWWs and those in other states. I haven't been to one in Oklahoma in a while. Maybe that's the disconnect here.

^ the disconnect is mainly the smoking. Oklahoma is a bit behind on nonsmoking facilities. At BWW I can sit in the family/cafe area and watch games ok, but the best viewing is in the bar IMO, and it's all smokey n

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I go Buffalo Wild Wings all the time and most are definitely non-smoking in the bar areas. I can't speak for the one in NW OKC, but the one I go to in Texas and about the last five others I have been to have all been 100% non-smoking. My wife hates smoking more than any person I know and there is zero chance she would step into any place that allowed smoking. That's unfortunate if OKC BWWs are different.

I'm not sure how all of a BWWs would not be considered a sports bar though. It's literally just tables and TVs everywhere with sports on them 24/7.
    Dankrutka,
    I don't know how you could call the one in Midwest City a "sports bar", I spotted a space where they didn't have a television! What a shame. I pointed it out to them but they haven't corrected the problem. They only have about twenty tvs.
    C. T.
    p.s. Don't know how to put a smile on my post, but I think you know I'm being facetious.

Sidebar: with so many tv's it's understandable that they can't have the volume on for all of them. I wish they put the subs on though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Sidebar: with so many tv's it's understandable that they can't have the volume on for all of them. I wish they put the subs on though.
    http://www.tunity.com/

9. Default Re: The Fox & Hound

Let me go back to my original wish for a non-smoking, non-T&A sports bar in OKC. The bar areas of BWW are smoking. Thus they are excluded from my wish for a non-smoking sports bar. The dining areas are just that, dining. Not a bar at all. I love their wings, beer selection is fantastic and they actually do probably have enough TVs and in the bar area. But the bar areas in OKC's BWWs are smoking. If the bar areas became non-smoking BWW would probably be as close to what I'm talking about as anywhere.

10. Default Re: The Fox & Hound

Here's a link to a place in KC that's one of the best sports bars I've been to. Notice the wall of TVs. And the wall opposite the bar and under the second floor is a row of TVs just like the bar wall sans the huge TVs.
    http://plaza.810zone.com/

Yes, and clearly OKC BWWs are different than all the other BWWs I've been to in that they allow smoking at the bar. That explains why it doesn't meet your criteria. I also think I remember stopping at the Moore BWWs and they didn't have NBA League Pass. So, maybe the OKC BWWs are just inferior on multiple levels because that 810 Zone looks like a replica of the BWWs I go to.

Sooner Softail, it appears you have a very difficult decision to make. The choice is a smoky environment or one with young servers catering to non smokers. It is a tough choice but I am sure you are up to it.

Not OKC but Elgin Park is now open in Tulsa. It's probably right up your alley. http://www.elginparkbrewery.com/

It's done by the McNelly's group. Maybe they'll do something similar in OKC.

^

Looks very cool! Hope they bring the concept to OKC.

15. Default Re: The Fox & Hound

Might or might not mean anything but the For Lease sign is gone from the Fox & Hound building.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerSoftail View Post
    Might or might not mean anything but the For Lease sign is gone from the Fox & Hound building.
    The listing has been removed from all services so something is up.

Not surprising. May and Memorial is ranked how high for OKC traffic? It'd be more shocking if it stayed empty for long.

The building just sold to the proprietors of Fung's Kitchen who plan a contemporary French/Chinese fusion concept.

Sweet, I enjoy Fung's Kitchen.

20. Default Re: The Fox & Hound

The building had "Coming Soon" signs and banners for awhile. Now they're gone. Anyone know what's up?

I'm wondering this too. I thought a French/Chinese fusion place was going to take over?

Any update on what is happening with this building?

The Asian Fusion place still happening.

Will be called Kwan's Kitchen and a building permit has been issued.

Maybe this place will have a much better operator than Fuze ???

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Maybe this place will have a much better operator than Fuze ???
    Completely different thing.

This will be a sit-down restaurant not a huge buffet.

Thread Information