Widgets Magazine
Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 651525354555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1480

Thread: Classen Curve

Default Re: Classen Curve

Bank on the SE corner of 63rd and Grand is a goner.

per Newsok today Balliet's is moving to the pops/provision kitchen space this summer and signed a new 10 year lease

^

They are also cutting their space in more than half.

Washington Prime continues to move local tenants that had been subsidized by Aubrey McClendon (using CHK money) from Classen Curve to NH Plaza; at least the ones that can at least cut it over there with lower rent.

I have the tenant list from when Washington Prime took over and it looks very little like it does now.

Ironically, Balliet's will be taking the old Pops and Provision Kitchen spaces, two other businesses formerly supported by Aubrey.

it will be interesting to see if they already have a tenent for that space ... this could end up being a big net win for the area

I'm still sad pops is gone. A lot of the sodas that were available there aren't available anywhere else around here and the location was convenient. Arcadia is simply too far of a drive to do regularly to stock up.

Blog Entries

It kind of seems like the new owners are flipping the script with NHP and the Curve. The Curve was going to be all upscale local businesses. Now it seems like those are being moved to NHP to make room for national niche retailers who can afford national scale. I am sure that's what they will recruit to the new development at 63rd between Grand and Western too.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I'm still sad pops is gone. A lot of the sodas that were available there aren't available anywhere else around here and the location was convenient. Arcadia is simply too far of a drive to do regularly to stock up.
    it is a 20 min drive????

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    this place doesn't have everything at pops, but the last time i went it had a decent selection: http://www.stockyards-sarsaparilla.com

9. Default Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    It kind of seems like the new owners are flipping the script with NHP and the Curve. The Curve was going to be all upscale local businesses. Now it seems like those are being moved to NHP to make room for national niche retailers who can afford national scale. I am sure that's what they will recruit to the new development at 63rd between Grand and Western too.
    (along with Penn Central + 50 Penn)

The entire area is going to be an upscale powerhouse. which is much better for OKC!!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Construction fence up at SE/C NW 63rd and Grand. Much larger footprint than I thought - is it possible they will be building more than just the retail buildings?

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    Construction fence up at SE/C NW 63rd and Grand. Much larger footprint than I thought - is it possible they will be building more than just the retail buildings?
    Not at this time.

Will be reworking parking lot as well.

Not sure where this store is going, but it is coming here: Mizzen & Main! They are kinda upscale dress shirts, but they are awesome! Facebook says they plan to open the 27th of June.

^^^ it would be cool to see that parking lot behind the latest phase of this development developed into structured parking with apartments.

Liberte, one of the few remaining local tenants in this development, is closing on Christmas Eve.

Under Aubrey McClendon, the center refused anything but locals. Since the purchase by Washington Prime, they've gone the other direction by adding tons of regional and national tenants. One exception is BC Clark which is preparing to take over the old Balliets space.

Restore Cryotherapy taking the empty spot just west of Warby Parker and east of Dry Bar.

https://restore.com/

Have to brag on Red Coyote! They are a true gem in OKC (and one of the best running stores in the entire country). Every time I visit there, the people are knowledgeable, and don't push for sales, which I always like. I have bought 4 pairs from there, and will continue using them, and I recommend them highly!

I put this here, since I didn't want to go back years to see if there was a Red Coyote thread, but if there is, feel free to move.

New tenant between Sur la Table and Tecovas: Amelia Island Soapery.

I hope Tecovas is doing good. I used to shop there a lot but haven’t been in lately.

I was driving through here yesterday and what a great development with amazing tenants. It would be even cooler if they removed the parking and created a pedestrian mall throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I was driving through here yesterday and what a great development with amazing tenants. It would be even cooler if they removed the parking and created a pedestrian mall throughout.
    Now you're talking!

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Now you're talking!
    I think they’d even have room to potentially build some parcels in the middle of the buildings to add restaurants or maybe a smaller version of Westfield Topanga:

https://www.westfield.com/topanga

I think they’d even have room to potentially build some parcels in the middle of the buildings to add restaurants or maybe a smaller version of Westfield Topanga:

https://www.westfield.com/topanga
    I like it when we agree!

Blog Entries

Now THAT would be a vibrant parking lot!

Thread Information