Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Molly Murphy's

Default Re: Molly Murphy's Restaraunt

I hate to say it, but one thing I remember most about MM's was that they charged you separately for each pat of butter and dollop of sour cream for your baked potato...

Default Re: Molly Murphy's Restaraunt

I worked there for many many years on just about every staff and to my knowledge that never happened Teri. I can be wrong of course so i shall consult with others that I know.

Cool Bring Back Molly Murphy's House of Fine Repute!

Hello Poetry lovers, Bullwinkle Moose here....

I've had the good fortune to find quite a few Molly Murphy's Artifacts (see the pic of the button booth on "Bring Back Molly Murphy's House of Fine Repute" Facebook page, and finding more all the time, (Tables, Booths, Original Sign, etc). If we could bring these artifacts together for an exhibit would you attend the exhibit?

If we get to 1000 "likes" for the page, then I'll try to make it happen!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring...30221537010388

And in all honesty, I'm not just trying to get "likes" for the page. The recent passing of a fellow Molly's Character has inspired me to pursue this. But Hey! Who wants to throw a party if nobody will show up? So if we get at least 1000, I'll have a higher confidence in putting the project together.

Date: TBD

Venue:TBD

Cheers!

Craig
    Aka Bullwinkle Moose @ Molly's 82-84

Default Re: Bring Back Molly Murphy's House of Fine Repute!

Absolutely loved that place...many good memories there! Depending on the type of gathering...I may be there!

Some of the best times of my life were working there. I will go find the page.

Venue?
    (like) Art Museum?
    (r) Whut?

I think some of that gaudy glass has been cleared out of that old renovated theater building across the street from that concert hall . . .

Default Molly Murphy's

Is it just me or does anyone else think this would make a fun movie? In the vein of Adventureland. A period piece about the wild times of the people that worked there etc.

Default Re: Molly Murphy's

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else think this would make a fun movie? In the vein of Adventureland. A period piece about the wild times of the people that worked there etc.
    There was a great documentary on Studio 54 and Molly's was pretty much OKC's version of that, with a lot of craziness and debauchery behind the scenes. Enough time has passed a lot of those people might be willing to tell their stories... I know 3 people who worked there.

9. Default Re: Molly Murphy's

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There was a great documentary on Studio 54 and Molly's was pretty much OKC's version of that, with a lot of craziness and debauchery behind the scenes. Enough time has passed a lot of those people might be willing to tell their stories... I know 3 people who worked there.
    I would love to see more about that. We really liked Molly Murphy's and had no idea anything more crazy than the bathroom line was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I would love to see more about that. We really liked Molly Murphy's and had no idea anything more crazy than the bathroom line was happening.
    There was an attached club that was really popular for a while.

And after hours, all the employees would party pretty hard.

They could do something like this again
    There’s a market

12. Default Re: Molly Murphy's

I don't remember the club. But I can see how it would have provided a good place for Molly's servers to party. And they seemed like partying would fit right in with such outgoing people.
    Edit: After talking about it with the wife I do remember the club now. For some reason we never went in though. Not like us at the time.

Blog Entries

I know a couple of former employees and a number of them have remained friends over the years. MM was the only thing that connected them.

Thread Information