Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Nic's Grill

Default Re: Nic's Grill

Went Friday night before the Thunder Game. Got there about 6:05 wasn't sure he was open kind of dark but people in there. By 6:30 it was full but no line. We left at 6:45 and others next to us ready to leave and no one was coming in. Nic was working and asked him how it was going. He said Friday nights are pretty good and Saturday lunch was really good. I Image with the OU OSU game at 3pm last Saturday he wasn't all that busy. That being said if you want to try it Friday and Saturday late would be good times to go. I think might get busier once word gets around he is open Friday night.

I went by last night (Saturday) at 7PM and the place was completely closed.

Have they changed their hours again? Last I knew they were open to 8PM on Saturdays.

I saw a post on their facebook page saying there was still time to come (Saturday) open until 2 so i guess it's just back to 11-2 on Saturday?

Blog Entries

Unfortunate in a sense. But on the plus side, if they end up closing, we have a nicely rehabed building that can maybe get another nice restaurant in it that will make better use of the nice real estate. That said, if they can hang on until the Monarch is open, they'll probably get healthy lunch business from there.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Unfortunate in a sense. But on the plus side, if they end up closing, we have a nicely rehabed building that can maybe get another nice restaurant in it that will make better use of the nice real estate. That said, if they can hang on until the Monarch is open, they'll probably get healthy lunch business from there.
    Reminder this thread is about Nic's Grill on Penn.

It is Nic's Diner that is in Midtown.

I bet they’re stretched a little thin between the two locations. Trying their hardest to how their midtown location after pumping so much cash into while maintaining their cash cow on penn. I went by a couple of months ago at lunchtime in the middle of the week and they were closed. No sign to explain anything. A little frustrating but I feel bad for them. Hard to swallow that their new location may not ever be as successful as the original.

I would like to think that I'm the one that discovered Nic's on Penn back is the 2000's but I know that's not true, but I did discover it in my small world and alert my friends and coworkers to it, so much so that my one friend drives down from Guthrie and gets a spot at the counter every Thursday, it's been going on for years. I haven't been there in awhile. I made it down last week and Nic/Justin asked me "No fries like usual, right Bubba ?". The last time that I was there was pre-pandemic, that's 3 1/2 years ago and Nic still remembered my order. Now that's some serious memory and some seriously personal service !

8. Default Re: Nic's Grill

Drove by today at 12 and there was no line. I almost stopped. Almost.

My 9 year old grandson loves burgers and eats like a horse. He recently spent a couple of nights in the hospital with an intestinal virus, so I'm going to take him and my son (his dad) to Nic's for being so brave. He's never been there, and I can't wait to see his expression when he sees one with "cheese and everything". I've heard that Nic isn't always there anymore. Does he have a rotation that might land him there on certain days? Not too big of a deal, but I'd like the kid to get the treatment I've always gotten there.

Quote Originally Posted by Head View Post
    My 9 year old grandson loves burgers and eats like a horse. He recently spent a couple of nights in the hospital with an intestinal virus, so I'm going to take him and my son (his dad) to Nic's for being so brave. He's never been there, and I can't wait to see his expression when he sees one with "cheese and everything". I've heard that Nic isn't always there anymore. Does he have a rotation that might land him there on certain days? Not too big of a deal, but I'd like the kid to get the treatment I've always gotten there.

He doesn't have a schedule really, but I will say Nic has been there more lately. I probably went 4+ years without seeing him there, but he has been there two out the past three times I went. Javon is great and will take care of you if Nic isn't around.

11. Default Re: Nic's Grill

Nic(Justin) had/has an amazing memory.... When he still served breakfast he knew my breakfast and lunch orders and if I was there on chicken day he knew I wanted chicken and not a burger.

I've not been in there in about 4 years but I bet if I walked in tomorrow he'd say "Cheese and onions, mayo only, Bubba?".

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Nic(Justin) had/has an amazing memory.... When he still served breakfast he knew my breakfast and lunch orders and if I was there on chicken day he knew I wanted chicken and not a burger.

I've not been in there in about 4 years but I bet if I walked in tomorrow he'd say "Cheese and onions, mayo only, Bubba?".
    i don't think one can adequately describe how great the breakfast was at the original location back in the day ..

13. Default Re: Nic's Grill

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i don't think one can adequately describe how great the breakfast was at the original location back in the day ..
    Agreed.... I'm pretty sure he had some kind of magical ham hidden in the back... He would see me walk in and walk to the back with a knife and come out with freshly sliced chunks of ham and fry them up.

It was my go to breakfast spot during the week. I would be there 3-5 times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Agreed.... I'm pretty sure he had some kind of magical ham hidden in the back... He would see me walk in and walk to the back with a knife and come out with freshly sliced chunks of ham and fry them up.

It was my go to breakfast spot during the week. I would be there 3-5 times a week.
    i was a once or twice a week for about a 3 year period ..

i was a once or twice a week for about a 3 year period ..
    God bless your arteries.

That breakfast was amazing, I know it was a lot of work and hard to serve many people at a time but that western omelet, hasbrowns and texas toast all cooked right in front of you was so good. Hated it when he stopped.

Was this at the current location on Penn?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Was this at the current location on Penn?
    yes

yes
    Wow I would have like to have tried that. His onion burgers are amazing. Might just be the best burger I’ve ever had.

Thread Information