Widgets Magazine

Thread: So Where Is This Place?

Default So Where Is This Place?

(FYI there is no one correct answer)

You walk in and it's just like you remembered. You're not the only people dining out tonight, but you're also not going to have people banging their chairs into yours, or blabbing on a cell at a table right next to you and your lovely. And yeah, the place has seen some better times, but it's clean, its reputation is still strong and even though it's never crowded, that's a plus, not a concern it might fold before you can come back.

The menu, whether eclectice or more standard, provides a variety, though you secretely know what you'll be ordering from the moment you decide this is your destination for the evening.

No flip flops, no tank tops, but Brioni and Halston would seem just as out of place.

So, I'm curious, where is this special place in OKC for you?

Default Re: So Where Is This Place?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post

You walk in and it's just like you remembered. You're not the only people dining out tonight, but you're also not going to have people banging their chairs into yours, or blabbing on a cell at a table right next to you and your lovely. And yeah, the place has seen some better times, but it's clean, its reputation is still strong and even though it's never crowded, that's a plus, not a concern it might fold before you can come back.

The menu, whether eclectice or more standard, provides a variety, though you secretely know what you'll be ordering from the moment you decide this is your destination for the evening.

No flip flops, no tank tops, but Brioni and Halston would seem just as out of place.

The misnamed Museum Cafe at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art.

The Haunted House....

I eat there several times a year...It hasn't changed a bit in probably 40 years.

4. Default Re: So Where Is This Place?

So is this place dowtown? Or can't you give any other hints?

It is downtown for Solitude.
    It is not downtown for icemnmth.

As noted above, there is no one correct answer.

I've posed the question out of simple curiosity. I wondered which locations the above description might evoke in the minds of others, so I asked.

Tis my hope that I, and others, may be blessed with a location, or three, that though not yet experienced, may become a well adored tradition.

6. Default Re: So Where Is This Place?

I was going to say...My house.

It used to be the Terra Luna Grill for me... but unfortunately, they have folded tent.

When I get back to OKC, I will be seeking another place just like what kevinpate describes, so keep 'em coming!

Jamils

There used to be so many great places on Western... Full Moon / Iguana Lounge, Terra Luna, etc. Is there anything over in that area any more?

Quote Originally Posted by dismayed View Post
    There used to be so many great places on Western... Full Moon / Iguana Lounge, Terra Luna, etc. Is there anything over in that area any more?
    I guess that Flip's Wine Bar is still there... at least it was back when I was visiting in November. I have been there a couple of times over the years, but it always seemed there was something missing about that place to me...

Quote Originally Posted by andy157 View Post
    Jamils

Second that!

Though not my first thought, I would concur that Jamils most assuredly fits, and was in fact the second place which came to my mind as I wrote the initial post.

Thread Information