Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

Default Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

New Restaurant coming to I40 and Sooner area.
    Buffalo Hot wings under contract and coming to Del City on I 40 at Sooner.
    THe first of several exciting announcement's to come over the next several months.

2. Default Re: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

Buffalo Hot Wings or Buffalo Wild Wings?

3. Default Re: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

It's gotta be the lot in front of Wal-Mart....the nail place. Everywhere else on the DC side is full....unless they go south across from the aviation park.

Default Re: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

OK Buffalo Wild WIngs

Where on Sooner? Seems that Sooner is pretty full. At Sooner and I-40 there is a Waffle House, gas station, sleezy car lot, and seems like some woods (if I remember correctly). I am excited about BWW coming to MWC. Seems like since they built two new Walmart's and all of the stuff near 29th and Air Depot that MWC is going crazy, I love it.

Theres room and I saw the plans just today.
    Its coming.

Where?

Where did you hear that from?

This is very exciting to me? Where on Sooner? You mention I-40, maybe the SW corner?

South side of interstate and west side of Sooner.
    Construction equipment would already be staged but for the rain

Aren't they suppose to be tryin to do what MWC did with 29th right there? Thats what i heard anyway....

12. Default Re: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

Quote Originally Posted by Redskin 70 View Post
    South side of interstate and west side of Sooner.
    Construction equipment would already be staged but for the rain
    HAHA, that's what I thought.

Now here's the tricky part though. Del City has been trying to develop this area for decades and hasnt' been able to get clearance from Tinker to do it. That's why those aviation offices are there....because it's "Tinker" employees that use it. A normal office complex wouldn't have been allowed to develop there.

I know at one time DC was trying to get Wal-Mart to that location...but obviously it moved. And it only moved where it is because MWC wouldnt let them expand the old facility to a super center because of the parking situation. Plus it would have looked like crap like the old Supercenter in Stillwater.

So I'm curious why all of a sudden, Tinker has decided to let this happen. It's great because it really SHOULD happen, I just don't understand why now.

Because tinker only has control over the vacant field at the intersection of 29th and sooner. Nothing else. And Tinker is more worried about development around Lake Draper than anything else.

I found site layout pictures on their website.

www.rcldevelopment.com

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    HAHA, that's what I thought.

Now here's the tricky part though. Del City has been trying to develop this area for decades and hasnt' been able to get clearance from Tinker to do it. That's why those aviation offices are there....because it's "Tinker" employees that use it. A normal office complex wouldn't have been allowed to develop there.
    If you're referring to the three office buildings in the Tinker Business Industrial Park on the east side of Sooner, they are *not* "Tinker employees." It is a collection of various contractors, many of whom do business with Tinker.

The park exists as three one-story buildings because they could not gain clearance for anything taller than a single story because the area is directly in line with one of Tinker's runways, and aircraft fly over the location essentially every day.

IIRC, First Southern Baptist owned that same property years ago and wanted to build their new church there, but were similarly denied permission to build anything that tall, so they built farther south on Sooner north of I-240.

So I'm curious why all of a sudden, Tinker has decided to let this happen. It's great because it really SHOULD happen, I just don't understand why now.
    Nothing has really changed. The limiting factor hasn't been Tinker per se, but the height restrictions placed on any proposed development in that area, and the proposals to date have been too tall. The office park was not.

I also hear that one of the big tenants in that park is leaving for a new facility shortly, so I don't know who will be taking over all those spaces...

-sd

16. Default Re: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

That's why I said "Tinker Employees" with quotes. Most of the contractors float between the offices on and off base. It depends on your flight, if you have an office in both locations. I know Boeing has multiple offices where the employees float during the week. But it's only businesses that work with Tinker, not Joe's Bar or something. Selective leasing.

Part of the issues before was also occupancy rates. Which is why Wal-Mart wasn't allowed to be there either. There was an issue with having such a high number of people in the area, in case of "an event"...ie a crash. I think we all can agree that it's a total crap idea though since the planes are on the complete other side of the base...and being on one side of a creek or the other doesnt protect you from a crash.

Wal mart would have been the same height as this 3-story structure that is in the RCL siteplan....so something must have changed to allow some variances in height.

But it's a very cool project for sure.

17. Default Re: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

That flight path crap is what I've been saying all along. That's why i was so surprised that they decided to build. And apparently they hadn't done their homework before they started.

I hope that they are able to continue the project. It's a crap of an excuse because being on one side of the street to the other doesn't mean crap if a plan crashes. It's just as likely to take out the La Quinta on the other side of the highway. Plus the freaking runways are on the complete other side of the base, at least 3 miles away. Tinker loves to use these excuses, but it's the wrong side of the base. Otherwise they'd be buying up all the homes to the west and south of the base...and that's not going to happen.

This is one situation where Tinker needs to just stuff it and learn that they don't automatically get to include land everywhere in their "buffer". It needs to be a legitimate reason for the concern, not just a BRAC scare.

18. Default Re: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

Well.. the only landing strip that covers that area is the "crosswinds strip" for a better lack of a term. But what does it matter another 800 feet to the south of an already heavily populated area. That is a small strip of land they are trying to control as well. There is also a house that is right in the middle...

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    That flight path crap is what I've been saying all along. That's why i was so surprised that they decided to build. And apparently they hadn't done their homework before they started.

I hope that they are able to continue the project. It's a crap of an excuse because being on one side of the street to the other doesn't mean crap if a plan crashes. It's just as likely to take out the La Quinta on the other side of the highway. Plus the freaking runways are on the complete other side of the base, at least 3 miles away. Tinker loves to use these excuses, but it's the wrong side of the base. Otherwise they'd be buying up all the homes to the west and south of the base...and that's not going to happen.

This is one situation where Tinker needs to just stuff it and learn that they don't automatically get to include land everywhere in their "buffer". It needs to be a legitimate reason for the concern, not just a BRAC scare.

The home work was done. The development does not extend into a flight zone that currently exists.

20. Default Re: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

http://www.tinker.af.mil/shared/medi...070601-028.pdf

Clear Zones and Accidental Potential Zones... Section 4, Page 15.

21. Default Re: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

http://www.tinker.af.mil/shared/medi...070601-022.pdf
    B.1 CZ's and APZ's

http://www.tinker.af.mil/shared/medi...070601-024.pdf
    2.2 Mission: Only Air Logistics Center to support the B-2 and Air Force One.

Again, the APZ II zone did not extend into Del City
    The 2006 study has not been adopted by some committee that is reviewing it down town.

23. Default Re: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

I'm just showing the documents man, that's is all.

24. Default Re: Buffalo Hot wings to Sooner

The point is that we've known that the area was "claimed" for Tinker for decades. That's part of the reason that development hasn't happened there. I was glad to see someone say "so what, i'm going to build anyway and don't screw with me".

Thread Information