Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OU = Overrated

Default OU = Overrated

Lets keep the discussion to football only.

Discuss -

Default Re: OU = Overrated

I personally cant wait to see what this does to the vastly over inflated number 3 ranking, I would be surprised if OU will be ranked at all.

you guys already made the first page of espn 2 minutes after the game

ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports

BOULDER, Colo. (AP) -- Just as Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops predicated, the third-ranked Sooners couldn't run it up on Colorado. In fact, the Sooners couldn't even beat the Buffaloes.

Kevin Eberhart kicked a career-long 45-yard field goal as time expired to send Colorado past the stunned Sooners 27-24 Saturday.

It was the Buffaloes' first win over a top-five team since Dec. 1, 2001, when they bested Texas in the Big 12 title game.

After Eberhart's kick cleared the crossbar, the fans stormed the field as the dejected Sooners, who had blown a 24-7 second-half lead, walked off, their hopes of a national championship having taken a major hit.

The Sooners (4-1, 0-1) came in averaging a whopping 61.5 points to lead the nation. But behind a tough defense, the Buffs (3-2, 1-0) earned their biggest win under Dan Hawkins, who went 2-10 in his inaugural season last year.

4. Default Re: OU = Overrated

How do you walk around with that massive chip on your shoulder?

Does it give you a blind spot? Scoliosis?

Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    How do you walk around with that massive chip on your shoulder?

Does it give you a blind spot? Scoliosis?

Discuss.
    Please do not insult me, keep this to football only.

Golden rule of this site which i know very well now
    We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously! We do not tolerate any rudeness. Personal attacks directed against other members of this forum will not be tolerated. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning.

I prefer to believe that Colorado was underrated instead

Really had no idea rugbypoke would be on here 30 seconds after the game

Discuss...Yet another lame attempt to fan the flames

As for the game...Looks like the Big XII north is getting tired of being laughed at...Colo and K-State is up 10 at Texas

Will make for a much more interesting conference if they can keep this up

7. Default Re: OU = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by rugbybrado View Post

We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously! We do not tolerate any rudeness. Personal attacks directed against other members of this forum will not be tolerated. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning.
    Aren't you insulting all OU fans? There's no need to be a jerk. I don't even get what your angle is. Sore loser? No, your team didn't get beat by OU. Sore winner? No, your team didn't beat OU. You're only posting this thread to brag about how much you hate OU and this thread's entire purpose is to be disruptive.

Okay. We get it. You don't like them. Give it a rest already.

Colorado played great ball, OU didn't. It happens. Nobody is undefeated.

MadMonk Guest

Okay, who abducted my Sooners and left the shell of a football team in it's place?! Bottom line: Colorado looked like they came to play today and the Sooners didn't.

I'm having a tough time this year with my football picks. There's a lot of underdogs playing above thier level. Come on...South Florida over West Virginia? CU over OU? Nebraska barely getting a win from Ball State last week? Oh well, that's what make the season interesting.

BTW, I love how the haters come out of the woodwork after a loss. That's real class I tell ya. Nobody, not even RB predicted Colorado would win this.

9. Default Re: OU = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    Okay, who abducted my Sooners and left the shell of a football team in it's place?! Bottom line: Colorado looked like they came to play today and the Sooners didn't.
    No kidding. That place went NUTS after the game too. That was a huge win for them.

Our offense couldn't get a thing done today....Colo's offense was on the field all day and our defense just got worn down

In other words Colorado did what OU normally does to it's opponents

Doesn't seem fair when you are on the other side of it

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    -Aren't you insulting all OU fans?
    -There's no need to be a jerk.
    -You're only posting this thread to brag about how much you hate OU and this thread's entire purpose is to be disruptive.

-Im making a thread about OU being overrated and that was validated this afternoon
    -I havent, i havent insulted anyone and i dont intend to - but you did insult me.
    -It is not, its to discuss OU being overrated.

If you like i will make another thread in a hour or so about texas being overrated as well..

-Im making a thread about OU being overrated and that was validated this afternoon
    -I havent, i havent insulted anyone and i dont intend to - but you did insult me.
    -It is not, its to discuss OU being overrated.

If you like i will make another thread in a hour or so about texas being overrated as well..
    Your thread would have been much more potent if you would have started it BEFORE the game instead of after

I think that all favored teams that lose for the rest of the year were overrated...Pretty powerful stuff

It was ridiculous to think after the first 4 games of the season that OU belonged in the top 5

They really hadn't shown anything in the previous 4

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post

They really hadn't shown anything in the previous 4
    With the exception of miami that is very true, they were playing highschool teams.

IS ANYONE WATCHING THIS TEXAS GAME?!

14. Default Re: OU = Overrated

I am now...kind of makes me feel a little better.
    Still corrupting young minds

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd View Post
    I am now...kind of makes me feel a little better.
    Texas is literally getting there butts handed to them, i doubt that they will be in the top 25 after this game - its turning into a blow out.

16. Default Re: OU = Overrated

Well, it wouldn't be the first blow-out of the season, that's for sure. Pre-season rankings should just be thrown out the window. No one can tell how a team is going to be by looking at pre-season practices and whatnot.
    Still corrupting young minds

Win or lose, overrated or not, OU is still my team! BOOMER SOONER!! Now, let's see if Rhett Bomar can redeem himself, and whoop up on OSU!

Just shows you how ridiculous preseason rankings are and how bad the Big XII is.

I question whether the Big XII is actually deserving of its BCS bid.

This should make for a pretty interesting RR shootout.

I've thought texas has looked shaky all season and after todays game im positive of it. With OU they have a really strong offense but the defense lacks against semi-competent teams.

It's still early in the season. OU did what I worried would happen at least once this season. They looked like they had a redshirt freshman quarterback, and they didn't play well. That's happened in other good years and we managed to barely pull out a win, rather than lose by three. Several factors contributed: perhaps overlooking Colorado with Texas next week, the altitude and conservative play calling after Bradford threw the interception. I honestly do not know why Bob Stoops downplayed the altitude. If you blow out the opponent, and can rest your first team in the second half, the altitude may not matter. But, as a long time skier, I can tell you that I got altitude sickness the first day of skiing every time we went (two to three times a years for 25 years). Exercise worsens it, and the only cure is going down to a lower altitude. You feel like you have the flu, no energy and have shortness of breath. There are drugs to help, like diamox, but they're not a cure. I heard Bud Wilkinson used to take the team to Colorado on Wednesday, back in the days when school really didn't matter, and I think he was smart. So, in a game when you have to play hard for four quarters, and the other team, by virtue of living there, probably has a hematocrit 3 to 5 grams higher than yours (equivalent to taking Procrit like the cyclists are not allowed to do), you are not going to be able to call forth the extra oomph you need to make a difference. But, the coaches need to play to win, not play to not lose. As far as overrated goes, you won't really know until the season is over, and until then it's just guessing. It's not OU's fault that the sportswriters rank them where they do. Remember too, Florida lost to Auburn about this time last year. It's way to early to call anyone over or underrated.

21. Default Re: OU = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChris7 View Post
    Win or lose, overrated or not, OU is still my team! BOOMER SOONER!! Now, let's see if Rhett Bomar can redeem himself, and whoop up on OSU!
    Or get the ever-livin' crap knocked out of him by Donvan Woods.

COACH: "And who are you?"

QB: "I'm Batman!"

what an amazing day for football, what was the final count that 5 of the top 10 schools got beat....

this is why i love to watch college football compaired to pro.

Problem is that your posts/threads start out insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    BTW, I love how the haters come out of the woodwork after a loss. That's real class I tell ya. Nobody, not even RB predicted Colorado would win this.
    Unfortunately, MadMonk, he didn't just come out of the woodwork after the loss. He's always a hater and always out of the woodwork.

WOW what a crazy day #3,4,5,7 and 10 lose in one day.

Thread Information