Widgets Magazine

Thread: July Ratings - 2007

1. Default July Ratings - 2007

Not being an insider, I do not have the ratings information for our local newscasts, but I was sure hoping that "SoonerBorn1973" might bless us with another post on it like he did back in May.

It's always interesting to see how each station did, and whether they've gained or lost any ground.

We'll be able to tell the general outcome from the promos, but we'll never know how it really played out without some good numbers.

Default Re: July Ratings - 2007

Here you go:

AM Show: 1. KWTV
    2. KFOR
    3. KOCO
    KWTV won this one by the slimmest of margins. They finished with a 5.55 rating while KFOR had a 5.35 rating. KWTV will round up to a 6 while KFOR rounds down to a 5. A very, very rare loss for KFOR's morning team.

Noon Show: 1. KWTV
    2. KFOR
    3. KOCO
    This one will actually be called a "tie" because the ratinsg are rounded out. But KWTV did edge KFOR by fractions of a point.

5pm: 1. KOCO
    2. KFOR
    3. KWTV
    KFOR had one their better periods in this time slot with an 7.37 rating... Unfortunately for them, KOCO was still strong with a 7.76. KFOR will round down to a 7 while KOCO rounds up to an 8.

6pm: 1. KFOR
    2. KOCO
    3. KWTV
    Very tight race for this time slot. KFOR pulled away with an 8.82 (they will average to a 9) while KOCO had an 8.49 (they will barely round down to an 8) and KWTV finished with an even 8.

10pm: 1. KWTV
    2. KFOR
    3. KOCO
    KWTV maintained their domination of the 10pm timeslot, but KFOR came within a fraction of tying. KFOR had a 12.96 rating to round for a 13. But, KWTV finished with a 13.55 rating where they will round to a 14. I'm sure that's pretty frustrating for the people at KFOR (having lost by 6 thousandths of a point), but at least they're making up ground. KOCO was a non-factor with a 7.48.

I want to remind everyone that these are Nielsen Sample Households numbers and do NOT factor in demographics. If they did, you could find every station claiming to be #1 (they just have to find the right demographic to suit their needs).

FWIW, I also would like to mention that the July book is probably the most dismissed ratings period. Everyone's viewing habits change in the summertime, which means the numbers are pretty far out of whack compared to the February and especially the May and November books.

3. Default Re: July Ratings - 2007

Thanks "Sooner", you have become my favorite guy on this board.

This stuff is incredibly interesting, especially with all the changes stations are making and have made to their presentations, sets, etc.

Thread Information