Links:
    Official Website
    Menu
    Facebook Page
    Yelp
    Urban Spoon

Information & Latest News

Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sauced1.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	5969   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sauced2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	5970  

Default Re: Sauced cafe coming to Paseo

Looks like it's slated to open Sept. 15th:

http://www.yoursauced.com/

SAUCED PIZZA BY THE SLICE AND ORGANIC EATERY COMMING SOON TO OKC:
    2912 PASEO DR.
    SHADED AND WELL GROOMED LANSCAPED OUTDOOR SEATING FOR 50-70 PEOPLE
    KID FRIENDLY BY DAY,
    FULL ESPRESSO BAR
    6.0 BEER AND EXTENSIVE WINE LIST AS WELL AS PABST, COORS, TECATE AND CORONA
    COME ENJOY FRESH JUICE OR WHEATGRASS FROM OUR JUICEBAR.
    OUR MENU CONSISTS OF THE BEST OF JUNK FOOD MIXED WITH THE BEST OF ORGANIC CHOICES AVAILABLE TO US.

Interesting website. I look forward to giving it a try.

Yep, a much needed place in the Paseo district. Should be interesting. And more free Wi-Fi to OKC!!

5. Default Re: Sauced cafe coming to Paseo

That's what you call LOCAL.

Default Sauced

My wife and I ate lunch here this weekend. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's in the heart of Paseo, right across from Paseo Grill. We went late in the afternoon on Saturday. The place was packed inside and out. Outside, Buffalo Fitz was playing live music. I enjoyed them greatly. They are more of a retro blues/jazz/ eclectic band and they remind you of roaring twenties or something. The Tornado Alley rollergirls were also there out front doing a carwash to raise money.

The menu was overwhelming and not very deep. Basically the food options were limited to pizza, a bagel, or a salad, no sandwiches or other usual cafe fare. They had just about every drink you could think of though. I must say I was shocked by the quality of the oven fired pizza. It tasted rustic and fired in a brick oven (not sure if it was a brick oven). The slices are $3.00 and come with cheese, you can add toppings for $0.25-.50 cents each. I added artichoke hearts, tomatoes and olives. It was amazing. My wife had the Caesar salad. It was good but the lettuce was a little wilted.

I highly recommend this place and the pizza. The ambiance is also pretty good.

Default Re: Sauced

i agree, a cool laid back place where you can get a beer and a slice on the cheap.

when i visited, there were several hot hippy chicks all around, another plus.

8. Default Re: Sauced

Hot hippies?

Let me get my sandals on, and I'm there.

Yeah, there is definitely a hippy/bohemian vibe there, or anywhere in the Paseo for that matter.

Does anyone know if they take credit cards?

Quote Originally Posted by sooners83 View Post
    Does anyone know if they take credit cards?
    The restaurant or the hot hippy girls? lol!

The restaurant does take credit cards although it is a fairly inexpensive restaurant. As far as the hippy girls, I'm sure they take cash only

lol, It sounds like I am definitely going to have to check out this place. Fairly inexpensive and what the quality as described sounds like a good match up. Thanks for the lead, most definitely.

Default Sauced

Went to try Sauced last Tuesday. Took a couple friends. We ordered and then sat down to wait for our food. About 1 hour and 15 minutes later, we had not been served. One of our party went up to get a refund. Apparently, they had run out of corn meal and the manager/owner had been sent to get some, but had returned empty handed and was no longer returning phone calls.

The staff there appeared to be very inexperienced, but nice. When we left, they were still taking orders like it was no big deal. The kitchen was completely stopped.

Otherwise, there were lots of folks there. It seemed like a nice place, and maybe this was just bad luck on my part. So, for those of you who have been here, is it worth another shot?

I love their pizza. I'd give it another shot. I can't vouch for service since it's been so long since I've been there. I drove by last night and it was packed!

Ouch!

Yes, definitely give it another try. I've never had a bad experience there and have been numerous times. The pizza is wonderful.

We go there pretty regularly and the spotty service is par for the course.

It's unfortunate because the pizza is pretty good.

Anybody following them on Twitter? They've been having noise complaints from the residents around the restaurant.

Last edited by kevinpate; 07-31-2009 at 05:04 AM. Reason: typos

20. Default Re: Sauced

I love the pizza but the service is so-so sometimes. I supposed it has to do with the vibe of the place.

Went there a couple of times and wasn't a big fan of the place. It certainly wasn't bad, but if I wanted good pizza there are other better places.

22. Default Re: Sauced

Owner was in a bad auto accident recently and they have been having problem after problem with a neighbor trying to close down their restaurant because of the live music .. it's been a really bad month for them.

They are trying but struggling. I would give them another chance, they really need local support right now.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    Owner was in a bad auto accident recently and they have been having problem after problem with a neighbor trying to close down their restaurant because of the live music .. it's been a really bad month for them.

They are trying but struggling. I would give them another chance, they really need local support right now.
    I feel for them and I love the live music (which I can hear from my balcony)! But the fact remains that outside the circle of regulars, their service is what you'd expect from a place circling the drain, where no one cares. Once I ordered a pizza and two salads, waited outside for 30min (since there' no ability to call ahead) and them someone finally came out saying they can't make salads - would I want another pizza in their place? Which I of course had to wait for, and in the end it looked like a football. They're constantly out of basic ingredients. Additionally I've had to stand at the counter waiting to order for several minutes while people carried on non-food related conversation, cutting eyes at me for bothering them - several times.

Is it too much to ask that I can call to order a pizza for pick-up and have someone answer? If the phone lines were damaged, get a cell for the business. That's really the only reason I don't order from them more...I can overlook the rest as a "vibe".

24. Default Re: Sauced

Quote Originally Posted by SavageDigital View Post
    I feel for them and I love the live music (which I can hear from my balcony)! But the fact remains that outside the circle of regulars, their service is what you'd expect from a place circling the drain, where no one cares. Once I ordered a pizza and two salads, waited outside for 30min (since there' no ability to call ahead) and them someone finally came out saying they can't make salads - would I want another pizza in their place? Which I of course had to wait for, and in the end it looked like a football. They're constantly out of basic ingredients. Additionally I've had to stand at the counter waiting to order for several minutes while people carried on non-food related conversation, cutting eyes at me for bothering them - several times.

Is it too much to ask that I can call to order a pizza for pick-up and have someone answer? If the phone lines were damaged, get a cell for the business. That's really the only reason I don't order from them more...I can overlook the rest as a "vibe".
    I won't support a business like this. Let someone else move in and do a better job. That space is prime real estate in the Paseo.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Went to try Sauced last Tuesday. Took a couple friends. We ordered and then sat down to wait for our food. About 1 hour and 15 minutes later, we had not been served. One of our party went up to get a refund.
    Just curious, why did you wait an hour and 15 minutes before seeing what was going wrong with your order? For a place like Sauced, I would usually get up and do something after 15 minutes...

Thread Information