Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sauced

1. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

I'm not one to rag on The Oklahoman too often as it's an industry under seige, but sometimes you just have to shake your head and wonder.

Doug, I guess there were just more important stories. Yesterday, I went to NewsOK.com and saw something so....bizarre...I had to take a screenshot. Look at the top story with the photo in the screenie below (I put a red square around it).

A man urinates on a building downtown and it's front page news? Not only that, this was a screenshot from yesterday - look when the arrest for this horrific crime occured: Sunday! (This was being reported 4 days later.) Folks, this is a major city newspaper. Like I said, sometimes.....

Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

I think it is more likely that the simplest explanation is the best one. I have to say I am astonished at this thread though.

Reading this thread is like , who shot JFK conspiracy. I doubt the reason is as exciting as you wanting to be.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOKC View Post
    I'm not one to rag on The Oklahoman too often as it's an industry under seige, but sometimes you just have to shake your head and wonder.

Doug, I guess there were just more important stories. Yesterday, I went to NewsOK.com and saw something so....bizarre...I had to take a screenshot. Look at the top story with the photo in the screenie below (I put a red square around it).

A man urinates on a building downtown and it's front page news? Not only that, this was a screenshot from yesterday - look when the arrest for this horrific crime occured: Sunday! (This was being reported 4 days later.) Folks, this is a major city newspaper. Like I said, sometimes.....

Well said Mike.

5. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

When you gotta pee, you gotta pee.

6. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

I am not able to explain why the story was pulled. It is now re-posted in its entirety.

7. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

Well, ain't that sumpthin! But, good reporter, you parse your words too obliquely ... "not able to explain" means ... WHAT?

8. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

If you have questions about the operation of the website, editorial decisions, you should email news@newsok.com.
    I just write and report.

9. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

And you do a good job, Steve. I'm glad we've got you here in OKC.

10. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

Oh, the old couch trick, eh?

11. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

Speaking of sauced.....are you sure there was only V8 in that glass? Just kidding, Doug. But this seems a little much over what could have been just a silly error. Maybe not, but even then is it worth it? In my post I showed that The Oklahoman is capable of some strange editorial decisions, but I don't see the problem here. Do you have a theory or something? If so - could you share it with us?

12. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

I only know what I read in the newspapers.

13. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

It's a comfortable couch. It's fashionable. I like it.

14. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

Are you guys speaking in code? Are we going to have to call in the NSA here?

15. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

You'll need to contact your local chapter of Native American code-talkers.

16. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

Iway on'tday eakspay igpay atinlay

17. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

Ouyway reaway osway ullfway foway hitsway. Oops ... did I just give the code away?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    If you have questions about the operation of the website, editorial decisions, you should email news@newsok.com.
    I just write and report.
    I thought your were OPUBCO's online ombudsman.

19. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

Could one of you guys just ship me my decoder ring? And an official membership card would be cool, too.

21. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    That's the cellphone/handheld link. The regular one is here ... not in the Business section, where Steve's articles typically appear, but in the Money section.

But, MikeOKC, about that decoder ring and membership card, I'm working on that. Can't promise that the ring will work or that the card will get you anywhere, but it's a heck of an idea, and, hey, who can say?

22. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

The secret club is kinda weird. It involves geeking out over history. occasional disagreements followed by jellied meatballs and more geeking out over history.

23. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I thought your were OPUBCO's online ombudsman.
    Nope. I've already got a full time job.

Soonerguru, you should not throw around big words that other people do not understand.

25. Default Re: Sauced In Paseo Is Flushed In Oklahoman

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    The secret club is kinda weird. It involves geeking out over history. occasional disagreements followed by jellied meatballs and more geeking out over history.
    Well, it's not fair to leave it at that, Steve. I'll share the meatball recipe:

As for a membership card, well, I suppose that would need to be something that Retro Metro Okc should consider. About a ring, I'm not aware that we have a jeweler member in our history group ... time to recruit ... but who? A young guy or some old guys ...

And, HappyDaze, Soonerguru's suggestion about an ombudsman for the city is a heck of an idea. It's a word well worth knowing, and it would be a marvelous thing for our city to consider.

Thread Information