Widgets Magazine
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Paycom Headquarters

Default Re: Paycom Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    However, distributed over Oklahoma's ~700,000 public school students that is only $38 per student.
    an extra $38 per student per year?.... that is a lot of money.

2. Default Re: Paycom Headquarters

Legislature won't ever pass any law to consolidate school districts here. It is political suicide as towns love their school districts and want the government out of them.

That being said you could incentivize consolidation or just let them close down by sheer attrition as rural towns are shrinking in population.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    an extra $38 per student per year?.... that is a lot of money.
    Like I said, I'm not opposed to consolidation (if it could somehow be politically feasible in many parts of the state). And yes, no one is saying $27 million is something to sneeze at.

The context of the original discussion was steps we could do to make companies move (back?) to Oklahoma, and the perennial discussion of the impact of education funding here on companies' willingness to relocate here, etc. My point was just that consolidation alone likely wouldn't make much of an impact on these companies' decisions as was brought up.

4. Default Re: Paycom Headquarters

my thought is if we decreased or eliminated taxes (income, corporate, or both) then we could lure companies (and those that left, back) due to OKC's other advantages that have arrived at the companies OKC has been able to land. Once companies relocate, that's additional revenue that could offset the reductions. Furthermore, once companies relocate/return then residents follow. Again, OKC is seeing that and you can see the result (just look at the MAPS projections over time - they are now $125 million per year approximately vs. in 2017ish they were estimated to be $95 million) dont quote me on the exact figures but you get my point/idea that OKC has increased population and cache of retail such that revenue from the 1 cent sales tax is consistently at least $125 million per year (regardless of recession).

We can get creative on how to fund education if necessary, but another point if IN THE CURRENT model education in Oklahoma is underfunded. How does TX or other states do it? Perhaps we could case study those jurisdictions and model Oklahoma accordingly.

As far as district consolidation, the rural areas should have a county or multi-county district. It amazes me in a so called Republican state that schools are used as an excuse for high paying jobs in rural areas. This needs to end, combine or eliminate districts so that the money can be more efficiently used where the students are and not because Sup Billy Bob in rural america with 50 students thinks he should have a $100K salary because Sup Joe Cartright (also with 50 students) the next town over and OKCPS super (with more than 43K students) has it too.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    my thought is if we decreased or eliminated taxes (income, corporate, or both) then we could lure companies (and those that left, back) due to OKC's other advantages that have arrived at the companies OKC has been able to land. Once companies relocate, that's additional revenue that could offset the reductions. Furthermore, once companies relocate/return then residents follow. Again, OKC is seeing that and you can see the result (just look at the MAPS projections over time - they are now $125 million per year approximately vs. in 2017ish they were estimated to be $95 million) dont quote me on the exact figures but you get my point/idea that OKC has increased population and cache of retail such that revenue from the 1 cent sales tax is consistently at least $125 million per year (regardless of recession).

We can get creative on how to fund education if necessary, but another point if IN THE CURRENT model education in Oklahoma is underfunded. How does TX or other states do it? Perhaps we could case study those jurisdictions and model Oklahoma accordingly.

As far as district consolidation, the rural areas should have a county or multi-county district. It amazes me in a so called Republican state that schools are used as an excuse for high paying jobs in rural areas. This needs to end, combine or eliminate districts so that the money can be more efficiently used where the students are and not because Sup Billy Bob in rural america with 50 students thinks he should have a $100K salary because Sup Joe Cartright (also with 50 students) the next town over and OKCPS super (with more than 43K students) has it too.
    The problem is, going straight to 0% is not going to help anything. If companies don't come here, then we have no state revenue to pay for education or mental health or other things. Then Oklahoma kids may not be able to spell their own names.

TX can do it because they have 30 million people, so human capital is huge there. Most aren't any smarter than people here, there are just more people who are smart by virtue of having 7 times the population.

I agree with you on the districting, though. 100%.

I think a graduated decrease in income tax would be easier to swallow, as it gives the Legislators a period of time to figure out ways to replace lost revenue.

If we eliminate all those districts what are we gonna do with the dirt? Small towns are dying and people are moving to the city. We gonna wall off thousands of acres to human residence? We gonna set up a 35 mile radius between each "civic center", that consists of a school, police, clinic, social services, gas station, and Hunt Brothers Pizza?

7. Default Re: Paycom Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    If we eliminate all those districts what are we gonna do with the dirt? Small towns are dying and people are moving to the city. We gonna wall off thousands of acres to human residence? We gonna set up a 35 mile radius between each "civic center", that consists of a school, police, clinic, social services, gas station, and Hunt Brothers Pizza?
    Huh?

This has gone way off topic. Back to Paycom please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    This has gone way off topic. Back to Paycom please
    LOL.
    These threads remind me of going to a t-ball game of 6 year olds. While the batter is up they are chasing butterflies and running all over the field and missing the actual play. No discipline and no understanding of what is actually happening. Just responding to the next distraction and taking off in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    LOL.
    These threads remind me of going to a t-ball game of 6 year olds. While the batter is up they are chasing butterflies and running all over the field and missing the actual play. No discipline and no understanding of what is actually happening. Just responding to the next distraction and taking off in that direction.
    This is the perfect way of putting it, it's astounding how easily these things go off track and take Pete or Martin coming and and shaking the ruler before everyone lets these tangents go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    This is the perfect way of putting it, it's astounding how easily these things go off track and take Pete or Martin coming and and shaking the ruler before everyone lets these tangents go.
    lol. now we are on a tangent about tangents!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    lol. now we are on a tangent about tangents!
    The problem is that without real news to discuss on the topic, pretty soon we start getting repetitive comments and criticisms and I think posters get bored. There are some who want to introduce the same criticisms and comments on every thread, no matter the real subject. So soon, it becomes a platform for philosophizing and pontificating.

Is there real new news on the headquarters?

i am curious if they are scaling back on some things. the most recent post on the parking garage, seems to show the new garage being about half the size of the original plans for it. which is an interesting choice, i'm also curious if the plans for the screen for the drive in movie theater have been scrapped, because didn't see anything in those plans for it, as that was the original plan. we also haven't heard anything more about the new gym expansion either. so curious if that is still going to continue. especially with the stock price reset... i'm curious if a lot of things start to get scaled back a bit.

If nothing else, the drive-in theater should be scrapped simply because that never made any sense except between (roughly) March 12th, 2020 and January 31st, 2022.

Paycom is taking 44,000 SF on the 3rd floor of the big former industrial building at 7725 W. Reno.

You can see from the floorplan, tons of cubicles and no outside windows in the whole place. There is also a large meeting room.

Looks like about 450 desks.

Maybe this is the IT department and Paycom also has a server farm in this building?

We sure this isn't the blueprint for the new jail?

I know several CACI employees. I bring that up because they are all unanimous in their dislike of the current Paycom Employees that work here already. Idk, just thought that was interesting. I need to ask them specifically what the beef is.

https://7725connect.com/about-us/

that is the old Lucent technology building .. (ATT before that Celestica after)

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    https://7725connect.com/about-us/

that is the old Lucent technology building .. (ATT before that Celestica after)
    And originally Western Electric.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Paycom is taking 44,000 SF on the 3rd floor of the big former industrial building at 7725 W. Reno.

You can see from the floorplan, tons of cubicles and no outside windows in the whole place. There is also a large meeting room.

Looks like about 450 desks.

Maybe this is the IT department and Paycom also has a server farm in this building?

I don't think Paycom would take servers off OKC or Grapevine HQs. This should be for operations EEs.

21. Default Re: Paycom Headquarters

They have been down in that location for a bit and are making it better suited to their needs. They call it their "HUB", which has their tax teams and a few other departments.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Legislature won't ever pass any law to consolidate school districts here. It is political suicide as towns love their school districts and want the government out of them.

That being said you could incentivize consolidation or just let them close down by sheer attrition as rural towns are shrinking in population.
    The truth is one of the funniest things I’ve ever heard in my life. ����

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsyeararound View Post
    They have been down in that location for a bit and are making it better suited to their needs. They call it their "HUB", which has their tax teams and a few other departments.
    My daughter and son-in-law have been at that location for well over a year. The building itself is a piece of junk. Roof leaks, nasty restrooms, etc. Paycom pays them a subsidy each check for "Commuting" costs.

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    My daughter and son-in-law have been at that location for well over a year. The building itself is a piece of junk. Roof leaks, nasty restrooms, etc. Paycom pays them a subsidy each check for "Commuting" costs.
    That reminds me of multiple office space conversions I have worked in around town, where the property is limping along after losing it's original function, either not making enough to really keep it up with maintenance needed or owner is just going to run it as is till no one is willing to rent it. Somewhat aided that OKC is/was (at least pre-covid) relatively tight on office space available to rent.

That sounds miserable, no windows in the middle of the floor. Also looks exactly like a jail so that's good for moral.

Thread Information