Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Paycom Headquarters

Default Re: Paycom Headquaters

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    This is pretty funny if you actually meant to quote that. He is talking about totally different kinds of "stories" lol!
    Nope accidentally hit reply with quote instead of just relying to thread.

Paycom buys 4.5 adjacent acres

By: Brian Brus The Journal Record May 15, 2018

OKLAHOMA CITY – Paycom is extending its reach in northwest Oklahoma City.

The publicly traded payroll and personnel software company recently purchased three parcels of land near N. Rockwell Avenue and Memorial Road. The total cost was $736,000, according to Oklahoma County assessor public records.

Paycom’s corporate headquarters is at 7501 W. Memorial, about half a mile to the west of that intersection on the John Kilpatrick Turnpike. Traffic has easy access to the office building in one direction, but to go back requires twice as much driving to get around the turnpike.

Phillip Mazaheri, one of the retail investment brokers who handled the transaction with Paul Ravencraft and George Williams, said the company wanted more direct traffic access to Rockwell – sort of a back door to avoid the major intersection.

A Paycom company spokesman confirmed the need for a private road to alleviate traffic snarls. The company was unable to provide more information about the project by deadline.

Of the 4.5 acres purchased, the largest parcel came from Greystone Presbyterian Church, according to county assessor records. Greystone is the former name of Connecting Point Presbyterian. The property is a long, narrow strip that runs east-west directly past The Shores apartment complex. The other purchased properties belonged to WP Land LLC and D.R. Horton Texas Ltd.

Paycom has shown solid financial growth lately, with reported revenue up 29 percent for the most recent quarter over the same period a year earlier. The company announced net income of $41.2 million, or 70 cents per diluted share, for the quarter that ended March 31. Paycom earlier announced an increase of $100 million in its stock repurchase plan and a subsequent extension of that program into 2020.

I took this photo about a month ago and have been meaning to post it.

The work in the back of their campus is for a new park.

Here is the property they purchased for their new road to connect to Rockwell. There is utility marking flags in the area so it appears this will be happening soon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FAC7469F-FC36-4D55-9D46-10B2C94675C2.jpeg 
Views:	327 
Size:	2.56 MB 
ID:	14627  

Blog Entries

They are having some kind of party tonight! It’s rocking at Paycom. I’d like to know who the entertainer is.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    They are having some kind of party tonight! It’s rocking at Paycom. I’d like to know who the entertainer is.
    Gavin Degraw and Flo Rida apparently according to twitter.

Blog Entries

^Nice...thanks. It’s booming!

It’s their 20th anniversary party

Blog Entries

They are entertaining half of NW OKC with the music!! Ha

Paycom is an outstanding company and we are lucky to have them here. I know a few people who work there that absolutely love it.

Blog Entries

Agree with that....especially their stock performance (other than last few days .

I know this won’t happen but I would propose a Cali UTurn at Council. Since the road runs over the turnpike how can this happen without major work?

My idea:

Take the northbound Council right lane at Mem East and make it right turn only.

Make the left of the 2 northbound lanes non right turning and can only go straight (north) or left onto Mem westbound.

Now, make the westbound Mem lane (prior to Council) a dedicated uturn lane and it will run south in the taken northbound Council right lane going over turnpike (so would travel south in the most eastern lane next to edge)

Put concrete barriers starting from west Mem left lane and turning left (south) across overpass and dumping onto east Mem.

So after exiting Paycom the left western lane of Mem would have no light as it would do a uturn over the Council overpass and dump into east Mem.

This would leave only 1 lane going northbound Council over turnpike. Would basically have 3 lanes southbound (the normal 2 plus protected uturn lane with concrete barriers)

I may not have explained this right but it would work for awhile until they figure out something better. Its the same concept as the one under Penn/Mem except on top and stealing a northbound lane.

Tell me why this would not work. You can still turn left to Mem east in the normal southbound Council left turn lane. You can still go north over turnpike. But now you keep traffic flowing out of Paycom afternoon rush.

Also need to make a long right turn lane on Mem westbound at Council.

Blog Entries

^Im for anything that would make it better! I just avoid memorial at all costs early in the AM and at 5 PM as it is now.

New parking garage going up, to be located directly north of existing structure:

A few weeks back the north-side exit finally opened. It goes up north to the edge of the property line and then 90-degree angles to the East.

5pm traffic is never going to be great, but it looks to have cut the duration of absurd traffic times in half.

That being said, they'll finish this garage within 18-24 months and if growth continues at a breakneck pace, begin work on a 5th building sometime between 2021 and 2022 and all the traffic is going to come back

Given that it is a self imposed traffic jam, why don’t they stagger their shift times. 1/3rd at 4:30, 1/3rd at 5pm, and a 3rd at 5:30?

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Given that it is a self imposed traffic jam, why don’t they stagger their shift times. 1/3rd at 4:30, 1/3rd at 5pm, and a 3rd at 5:30?
    Shifts are staggered to some degree. The employee count on campus has increased significantly since I started in May 2017 but I can tell you that the traffic between 7:40 and 8:10AM has improved by leaps and bounds which can only really be attributed to more staggered shift times.

The thing that increases traffic times so much is that driving on campus requires swiping our badge at the gate before the car even rolls on to campus and the need for anybody who has forgotten their badge to check-in thereby slowing traffic in one of the entrance lanes. This is never going to change due to the security needs of the company.

All that being said, the Rockwell outlet has helped tremendously and as long as the police continue to direct traffic between 7:45 and 8:00 and 5:00 and 5:15, everything should really be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Shifts are staggered to some degree. The employee count on campus has increased significantly since I started in May 2017 but I can tell you that the traffic between 7:40 and 8:10AM has improved by leaps and bounds which can only really be attributed to more staggered shift times.

The thing that increases traffic times so much is that driving on campus requires swiping our badge at the gate before the car even rolls on to campus and the need for anybody who has forgotten their badge to check-in thereby slowing traffic in one of the entrance lanes. This is never going to change due to the security needs of the company.

All that being said, the Rockwell outlet has helped tremendously and as long as the police continue to direct traffic between 7:45 and 8:00 and 5:00 and 5:15, everything should really be good to go.
    They could do like other companies do and those people with a pikepass could be programmed to automatically validate the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    They could do like other companies do and those people with a pikepass could be programmed to automatically validate the car.
    They would never do this due to to security. Your method only approves the car not the person.

But maybe they could create an RFID type solution for their personal badges? Put a chip in badge and its associated with badge number. Have an express main entry gate where you just hold your badge up to side window and a scanner registers its valid and opens a gate. Could perfect this so gate stay open but closes if a car is not scanned. Scanner can be back a bit from gate so this allows a better flow without stopping. If a toll gate can read car then same application but would be on the badge instead. Plus HR would be able to go into master database and deactivate badge readers for terminated employees and activate for new ones. Forget your badge? Have to go in other manual line and wait. Lose your badge? HR deactivates plus a $25 charge to reissue.

One flaw: Would have to figure out how to handle multiple poeple in one car though.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    They would never do this due to to security. Your method only approves the car not the person.

But maybe they could create an RFID type solution for their personal badges? Put a chip in badge and its associated with badge number. Have an express main entry gate where you just hold your badge up to side window and a scanner registers its valid and opens a gate. Could perfect this so gate stay open but closes if a car is not scanned. Scanner can be back a bit from gate so this allows a better flow without stopping. If a toll gate can read car then same application but would be on the badge instead. Plus HR would be able to go into master database and deactivate badge readers for terminated employees and activate for new ones. Forget your badge? Have to go in other manual line and wait. Lose your badge? HR deactivates plus a $25 charge to reissue.

One flaw: Would have to figure out how to handle multiple people in one car though.
    Its an added expense that would still have issues not always scanning due to interference. Badges already have a cheaper form of RFID technology. There is also the "big brother" aspect to it that people may not like. Paycom could start micromanaging and tracking employee movements within their building ,but their are certain lines they choose not to cross even though its their right to do so.

Could be wrong. but doubt they make every passenger in a car scan their badges at the gate. I'm sure a lot of people car pool.

The security aspect is that you have "one" key for you use for a car and for the building along with specific areas in that building.

We use the pike pas to enter our garages, but then each person then has to badge separately to get inside the building. Plus there are security personnel who monitor morning and evening times making sure every one badges into the building. We haven't had any security problems with this.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    We use the pike pas to enter our garages, but then each person then has to badge separately to get inside the building. Plus there are security personnel who monitor morning and evening times making sure every one badges into the building. We haven't had any security problems with this.
    Yeah American Fidelity was the example I was thinking of. The Pikepass is just to get your vehicle on campus. You'd still use badges elsewhere. I see no reason Paycom should have more security than AFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    A few weeks back the north-side exit finally opened. It goes up north to the edge of the property line and then 90-degree angles to the East.

5pm traffic is never going to be great, but it looks to have cut the duration of absurd traffic times in half.

That being said, they'll finish this garage within 18-24 months and if growth continues at a breakneck pace, begin work on a 5th building sometime between 2021 and 2022 and all the traffic is going to come back
    LOL. I live off Rockwell. My average time on Rockwell from Kilpatrick Exit to garage is 20 minutes now. It use to take 5 minutes during that 5pm rush. Rockwell probably needs to be 4 lanes from Memorial to 164th with some prioritized signals at the rush times.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    LOL. I live off Rockwell. My average time on Rockwell from Kilpatrick Exit to garage is 20 minutes now. It use to take 5 minutes during that 5pm rush. Rockwell probably needs to be 4 lanes from Memorial to 164th with some prioritized signals at the rush times.
    I agree, until they put a stop light at 150th and add 2 lanes it will be a disaster. Memorial is still a nightmare too, it's not as bad as it once was, but its certainly not smooth sailing.

I find the security argument to be ridiculous, I have spoken to many Paycom employees about it and its pretty much a consensus that its overkill. I understand the kind of information they have and are in charge of, but right across the street Farmers houses their National Document Center which contains access to all customers information and its nothing like Paycom. Until they decide to make some procedural changes to their shifts and security, the issue will not go away. It will only get worse because they keep hiring and adding more people to the area.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Its an added expense that would still have issues not always scanning due to interference. Badges already have a cheaper form of RFID technology. There is also the "big brother" aspect to it that people may not like. Paycom could start micromanaging and tracking employee movements within their building ,but their are certain lines they choose not to cross even though its their right to do so.

Could be wrong. but doubt they make every passenger in a car scan their badges at the gate. I'm sure a lot of people car pool.

The security aspect is that you have "one" key for you use for a car and for the building along with specific areas in that building.
    I actually think they have security overkill now. I was merely responding to poster who said every car has to stop at the entrance drive gate thus backing up/slowing down traffic entering. The RFID was just a comment on how they could speed it up. It was not meant to be a good fiscal reason or to argue merits of all their security, just throwing a dart how they could speed up traffic flow in morning rush.

The whole complex is a mess road wise because:

- Paycom likely did not foresee this kind of growth

- Paycom was built on a one way road thus creating a traffic funnel

- OKC has spent zero to little expanding Memorial ahead of Paycom/other expansion

- Turnpike exit/entry ramp locations in vicinity

Its criminal that OKC has not expanded Memorial road. Could have done so 3 years ago before the mad rush. Now just imagine the new DeerCrest complex on east side of Rockwell which is not just Wal Mart but a bigger commercial complex with more traffic in an already bad road area. Then at some point the vacant land next to Paycom all the way to Rockwell will likely be developed at some point.

To now go in and expand Memorial just imagine the nightmare construction. Paycom keeps adding jobs and I think is over 3,000 now. And OKC is doing nothing (at least publicly) to ease the pain. The economic ripple from Paycom is huge yet a traffic nightmare.

Maybe OKC should have bought one of those big empty lots and made a huge parking lot for workers and built Streetcar for same workers to ride to work as “last mile” (sarcasm)

The whole Memorial corridor needs a major study to expand Memorial Toad and put Cali Uturns at every over/underpass too. From Council to Western the Memorial road system is a total failure.

Thread Information