Widgets Magazine

Thread: OKC Area Jamba Juices

Default OKC Area Jamba Juices

On my way into work this morning I attempted to stop by the Jamba Juice on 33rd in Edmond for a quick breakfast, only to find a Closed sign on the door and a statement that they (and I think the other OKC area stores) would be closed temporarily. Have there been any building permits issued indicating that the local stores are being renovated?

2. Default Re: OKC Area Jamba Juices

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    On my way into work this morning I attempted to stop by the Jamba Juice on 33rd in Edmond for a quick breakfast, only to find a Closed sign on the door and a statement that they (and I think the other OKC area stores) would be closed temporarily. Have there been any building permits issued indicating that the local stores are being renovated?
    That's weird if they are indeed closed. That location's Facebook account is still posting (as recently as 6 hours ago).

I also just bought more gift cards at Sam's Club since I go to that location a lot. You get a free $10 gift card when you buy $45 worth at Sam's.

Default Re: OKC Area Jamba Juices

Since I couldn't remember the exact details I swung back by on my way home tonight and snapped the following:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180201_182948.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	3.48 MB 
ID:	14419

4. Default Re: OKC Area Jamba Juices

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Since I couldn't remember the exact details I swung back by on my way home tonight and snapped the following:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180201_182948.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	3.48 MB 
ID:	14419
    Well, that stinks. You'd think if it was just 'remodeling' or something they'd be sure to give plenty of notice to their customers - like "Hey we are going to have to close for a few weeks so we can make your Jamba Juice experience even better! See you soon."

This looks more like financial, franchise or tax issues. Where a store says "remodeling" but never re-opens. Hope that's not the case. Thanks for the heads-up. I often stop in there as I hop on Broadway to go to downtown.

In the event it does re open, what are some suggestions on what I should get? I wasn't a fan when it was popular, and found Tropical Smoothie Cafe better since they came in.

My personal preferences are for the Razzmatazz or the PB Chocolate Love, depending on how many calories I am looking for. Usually only the latter after a run. There's also a orange and vitamin C one I get occasionally, though I don't remember the name.

I used to go more often, before they removed the Light smoothie option.

I occasionally stopped in that location as well and grabbed a pineapple/tropical, or an orange. I don't recall the names either, but they were tasty. The orange tasted like the old dreamsicle pops we used to get off the ice cream trucks.

8. Default Re: OKC Area Jamba Juices

This is the response I got when I posed the "what happened" question on their Facebook page (a page that apparently is run by corporate); "Jamba Juice Edmond: Brian, The Jamba stores in Oklahoma that have been closed recently will temporarily remain closed due to a change in management. We are working diligently to get them back open as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience."

9. Default Re: OKC Area Jamba Juices

If they were operated by a franchisee, it's possible they weren't following all the rules, or that they went broke (possibly through no fault of the stores, but by other means), and now Jamba Juice corporate is taking over or negotiating with another franchisee from another close region to take them over. It wouldn't be THAT unusual for something like that to happen, though I think it mostly happens without the business closing, but without much warning to Jamba Juice corporate it might not have been avoidable. This is all conjecture on my part.

Thread Information