Widgets Magazine
Page 143 of 259 FirstFirst ... 4393138139140141142143144145146147148193243 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 6466

Thread: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

I think we'll hear something as soon as the OCCF sells the SC site, but that should coincide with the official formation of the MLP. That could be 30 to 60 days.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER8693 View Post
    Looks like everyone has given up.
    haha, I was just thinking this as well. But I guess I'm the only one that's given up. Fitting given the user name.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    given up on what? i think we are all waiting for the new MLP to announce, or whomever else might be making a bid for the Stage Center site
    I guess I wasn't clear. I meant given up on any new news short of an announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER8693 View Post
    I guess I wasn't clear. I meant given up on any new news short of an announcement.
    You make it seem like this is effort thing... Like if OKCTalk posters all just try harder then we'll get more news and an announcement.

All that's changed is the ridiculous level of baseless speculation has died down. Only about one in probably 100 posts has really added to our knowledge of realistic possibilities. This has never been important to an actual announcement...

Probably has nothing to do with the mystery towers but does anyone know why two 737s for a Turkish/Dutch airline are sitting out at Will Rogers right now? Corendon Airlines is headquartered in Turkey with a secondary HQ in Amsterdam and only flies scheduled service in Europe but does charter flights. These are two of their 8 planes. Seems like OKC would be a strange random charter location.

Corendon Airlines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	856.7 KB 
ID:	3551  

Quote Originally Posted by sidburgess View Post
    Just speculation but maybe maintenance or inspection of some kind?
    Landing in Stillwater: Belgian aerospace company buys building for parts plant | The Journal Record

Maybe these guys?

Someone probably bought the airframes from that airline and are in OKC for maintenance, refurb, and repaint.

Has nothing to do with a tower.

8. Default Re: Mystery Tower( speculation, news and ideas) post here!

I noticed those coming in to work early this morning but it was dark and didn't see anything special about them. There's always different kinds of airlines parked over there. Nothing special.

?Mystery Tower? Update | OKC Central

Like I said a few days ago, a new tower is not coming any time soon, now everybody can go back to living their daily lives, thank you.

I think news like this is only an indicator of how big an operation we are talking about. It's all good.

Yep, I see this as confirmation of solid progress.

And you know something big is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by modernism View Post

Like I said a few days ago, a new tower is not coming any time soon, now everybody can go back to living their daily lives, thank you.
    guess your definition of soon and mine are slightly different. when it comes to a massive deal such as this... even 6 months is soon. We need to get out of this mindset of instant gratification and expecting everything to be right now, or else we don't care anymore

I see this as confirmation as well! Good times in OKC!

I posted this shortly after the MLP announcement:

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    The only thing that makes me think this is not the Stage Center tower is Steve saying the announcement of a new tower would be around this time. But this partnership could take months to finalize. And the news clearly states that the announcement of the headquarters would be at the close of the deal.

This basically only helps to solidify that this MLP is indeed the tower. It takes a long time to close a deal of this magnitude, so when Steve said announcement by end of March, it turns out the announcement was only the companies involved, and not the physical headquarter of said company. Could have been misunderstanding by Steve or that someone said to him "you will hear something by the end of March" and Steve may have innocently assumed this would be a more OKC oriented announcement as opposed to the blanket announcement of the deal.

Regardless, toting yourself as "I knew nothing would happen yet, I was right! you were wrong!" is like the kid in middle school claiming he heard a song before it got popular.

Times are good in OKC, let's enjoy them!

HangryHippo Guest

I agree with Modernism on this one. Just too much uncertainty floating around between Reuters' investigations into every OKC O&G company they find, the respective CEOs of CHK and SandRidge doing what they can to tank their companies, and whatever is going to happen with Hamm and Continental. I just don't think a tower is coming and this deal is done.

The new MLP formed by OGE/CentertPoint is not going to be on Stage Center property, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    I agree with Modernism on this one. Just too much uncertainty floating around between Reuters' investigations into every OKC O&G company they find, the respective CEOs of CHK and SandRidge doing what they can to tank their companies, and whatever is going to happen with Hamm and Continental. I just don't think a tower is coming and this deal is done.
    Nothing is going to happen with Hamm and continental, that's kind of ridiculous. Sandridge and CHK's situations have nothing to do with the MLP and when they will announce something. Anything with SD and CHK regarding available office space will not develop quickly enough and will not have definite enough results to affect someone currently 90 days out from announcing that they are building or relocating to OKC. I'm not sure what is slowing this down, but the status of other companies' office space related to the slight chance of them relocating, at this point, doesn't have anything to do with it.

The new MLP formed by OGE/CentertPoint is not going to be on Stage Center property, thank you.
    Do you know, or is that an inference based on Steve's announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Nothing is going to happen with Hamm and continental, that's kind of ridiculous.
    Well, the Street is not as comfortable as you are right now:

Oil Billionaire Harold Hamm's Divorce Could Be World's Most Expensive At Over $5 Billion - Forbes

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Nothing is going to happen with Hamm and continental, that's kind of ridiculous. Sandridge and CHK's situations have nothing to do with the MLP and when they will announce something. Anything with SD and CHK regarding available office space will not develop quickly enough and will not have definite enough results to affect someone currently 90 days out from announcing that they are building or relocating to OKC. I'm not sure what is slowing this down, but the status of other companies' office space related to the slight chance of them relocating, at this point, doesn't have anything to do with it.
    It actually could have a lot to do with it. Continental is in a precarious spot with these divorce proceedings. SandRidge and CHK's situations do have influence on whether a company would build a new building or wait it out for their space when they're sold off to the highest bidders.

I take this as confirmation that we're dealing with the MLP. 90 days is what we've been hearing for them to make an announcement, and now we find out no news on Mystery Tower for 90 days.

Regarding new MLP via OGE/CenterPoint:

The location of the new company along with company name will be decided once the transaction closes, which is expected in 30-60 days. Enogex has approximately 700 employess in Oklahoma, and many of those are key field personnel servicing customer in the state. Regardless of where the company is headquarted, Enogex will continue to have a large prescense in the state, thank you.
    This was Modernism's post a few days ago, and if you read it closely it states that the location of new headquarters has not been decided, and won't be decided until after transaction is done. So how can new MLP be at Stage Center if they don't even know for sure if company will be here in OKC?

I think you'd loose if you took this bet. Why do think the newly announced MLP will not be on the SC site ?

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    This was Modernism's post a few days ago, and if you read it closely it states that the location of new headquarters has not been decided, and won't be decided until after transaction is done. So how can new MLP be at Stage Center if they don't even know for sure if company will be here in OKC?
    I think they already know, how many times did Steve say 'I'm not worried' when asked about the SC site falling through..?

I am beginning to believe this.

Thread Information