Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norman underpass at Robinson and Flood

1. Default Norman underpass at Robinson and Flood

http://imageupper.com/g/?S070001005U1330990719824088

I was out taking photo's Sunday of the new underpass

2. Default Re: Norman underpass at Robinson and Flood

Heads up - before the Internet cop hits you - probably best to post this in the Norman section. Welcome to OKC Talk!

3. Default Re: Norman underpass at Robinson and Flood

where's the norman link I was looking for it

4. Default Re: Norman underpass at Robinson and Flood

Go here: http://www.okctalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152

If the Internet cop comes by, I'll be your alibi and swear this thread was started by someone impersonating you....

5. Default Re: Norman underpass at Robinson and Flood

He's always watching...

Default Re: Norman underpass at Robinson and Flood

Anybody else think this project has been going on for far too long? Granted, I understand it is not a small undertaking, but it seems like progress has been at a stand still for quite some time.

Do we know if the completion date has been pushed back? I thought it was going to be ready by June, but seems VERY unlikely if they continue at the pace they have been.

Quote Originally Posted by pw405 View Post
    Anybody else think this project has been going on for far too long? Granted, I understand it is not a small undertaking, but it seems like progress has been at a stand still for quite some time.

Do we know if the completion date has been pushed back? I thought it was going to be ready by June, but seems VERY unlikely if they continue at the pace they have been.

It's progressing along but I am not certain wen completion is expected. I thought In heard fall, but maybe that is something else.

It seems as if this project is not moving at all ... not sure what the contract date is, but when I drive by on the weekends it does not seem as if much progress is made week to week.

I guess they are pretty much finished. http://www.news9.com/story/18988394/...erpass-project

Eastbound open. Westbound about to be in a few minutes.
    Then the work will begin re N Flood aspect of intersection. After that the work to make the cut to build the right grade for the connection in the fall of Stubbeman and Robinson. The Norman North access will be a hassle until that T-intersection is finally finished.

Had to chuckle at myself last night. Popped onto Robinson headed east. Saw a train not moving.
    First thought - awwratssumfratsumidon'tneedthisrightnow
    Followed quicly by oh yeah, that's not gonna be a problem anymore.

Dang that felt good when the brain turned back on.

Pics?

14. Default Re: Norman underpass at Robinson and Flood

I have got to give big thumbs up for this project!
    I don’t remember what’s next on the list but this is the type of project that Norman needs more of.

HangryHippo Guest

I know they have the bond issue coming up later this year, but are there plans to put a railroad underpass on Lindsey St just west of Classen Blvd? There probably isn't the need as I doubt this area holds up emergency response times, but I wouldn't mind if they did it.

17. Default Re: Norman underpass at Robinson and Flood

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    I know they have the bond issue coming up later this year, but are there plans to put a railroad underpass on Lindsey St just west of Classen Blvd? There probably isn't the need as I doubt this area holds up emergency response times, but I wouldn't mind if they did it.
    Haven't heard of any plan for that area. The next major push, with the bond issue coming up, is mainly for street widening on around 9 different projects.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    It’s needed IMHO. There are obviously not as many but it does hold up emergency traffic and it also holds up a lot of normal traffic.
    If I remember correctly they will start construction of the new underpass in about 5 to 7 years.
    This is one of several quality of life issues that we should improve.
    Hopefully the bond issue will pass, I think it will but it’s not too soon to start thinking about what comes next?

I drove down to Norman on Thursday and took HW77/Flood south to get to Robinson and it was chaos b/c everything was blocked off without any re-routing signs. About 10-15 cars along with me had to redirect through the trailer park east of the railroad. You could tell no one had ever driven through it b/c everyone was going 15 MPH, but we eventually got to Stubbeman only to find out it was closed off too so we all took our own routes through the neighborhood east of Stubbeman to finally get back to Robinson.

Bottom line is that area is going to be complete chaos when North opens this semester. Everyone's either going to have come from Rock Creek or navigate through the neighborhood...and the residents that area will hate their lives during that time. Can you imagine hundreds of 16-18 year old drivers going exclusively through your neighborhood before school/during lunch/after school?

20. Default Re: Norman underpass at Robinson and Flood

Luckily the US77/Flood portion will be open Sept 1, but yeah...Stubbeman is what...October time frame to be open? So yeah, it'll be rough for a while through there.

21. Default Re: Norman underpass at Robinson and Flood

I drive down Robinson all the time now that the underpass is finished, and Flood does not look like it's going to be reopened for at least another couple of weeks. I could be wrong, though (I hope I am).

I regularly use US77/Flood and I saw it yesterday and I doubt the Sept 1 date too. I just hope they at least have it open by the first OU home game (Sept 8), otherwise traffic is going to be a nightmare!!!

US77/Flood will be open for the first home game, even if it's just temporary.

Will be rather happy when Flood reopens. And I know the folks who regularly use Peters are anxious for the students to get Stubbeman back in a couple of months. Peters north of Robinson looks alot like game day traffic 4X a day right now.

driving by here yesterday shows that they still have a lot of work to do on flood this week if they have any hopes of it being open by game day... i just don't see it happening

Thread Information