Widgets Magazine

Thread: Support Local Businesses - Get Your Dish/DirecTV/Home Security From a Local Company!

Default Support Local Businesses - Get Your Dish/DirecTV/Home Security From a Local Company!

Hey Everyone at OKC Talk,

I'm a long time browser, 1st time poster. I just wanted to take a second to try to raise awareness for my business.

My business, Harber Electronics, offers local sales and better service for Dish, DirecTV and several other providers, all with the same pricing and promotions as the national companies without the need to call a call center in another state or country to order your service. To encourage customers to buy their services locally from us, we offer Visa gift cards to all customers that sign up for services through us, with the potential to get up to $200 worth of a gift card depending on the services and packages you get.

Most people don't even know this option exists. I'm a former installer and regional sales manager for Dish based in Norman. I grew up in Southeastern OK and came up to Norman to go to school. I learned a lot of things about this industry as a tech and RSM for Dish. Most importantly, I learned about the existence of these local dealers. In March of this year, I opened my own retailer business to provide potential Dish and DirecTV customers a local point of sales and better service. My job as RSM was to try to help businesses like the one I now own to increase their sales in my territory (Oklahoma, North Texas and South Kansas). The challenge is raising awareness about the existence of local dealers and informing people of the benefits of going through these local companies. Most people hear about them and think they are Dish or DirecTV. Local dealers sell, install and service their own customers. Customers always have the option of calling Dish and DirecTV once their services are activated if they ever have any issues, but most dealers want their customers to continue to call them so they can take care of them.

With my experiences in the industry, I am not just some salesperson in a call center. My goal is to help people find the best services for their needs and budget, even if my business doesn't offer it. I have more installation experience than most Dish & DirecTV internal technicians (turnover in the industry is extremely high, which means most techs sent to install have less than 1 year of experience) and I also provide honest feedback on both services, since I deal both of them.

National Services that I Provide Locally:
    Dish TV - Starting at $29.99/month
    DishNET High Speed Internet - If you can't get Cox Cable or High Speed DSL, then this is likely the best service available to you. Highest data limits for the money (much higher than Cellular Hotspots) and speeds over 10MB/s.
    DirecTV - Starting at $29.99/month
    Exede High Speed Internet
    Protect America Home Security - One of the best options for Home Security on the market. (We offer 4 major providers)

Just some quick notes:
    -If you've got a Cox Bundle or their Advanced TV service, you are likely paying too much for your cable. If you've got a landline telephone for your home security, we can provide TV service and a wireless home security package that will give you more features, better service and cost less.
    -Our Home Security packages start at $19.99/month. If you have an existing home security system, we can convert it to Cellular Monitoring for $29.99/month. Free Equipment, No Installation Fees - Pay your first month's bill up front and you are ready to go.

I am starting to try a variety of advertising methods and referral campaigns to get the word out there, but I figured I would try some free methods to spread the word also. I'll be attending a variety of local events to put my business in front of foot traffic, so if you know of any events in the metro that I should attend, let me know!

We are a member of Keep It Local OK! and Home Advisor, so hopefully that will give us a little more credibility.

If you have any questions, comments or want to shop or buy services, you can give us a call, email, live chat on our website or respond here.

I apologize for the length of this and appreciate any of those that took the time to read it!

Drew Harber
    Harber Electronics
    405-217-0680
    drew@harberelectronics.com
    harber-electronics

Default Re: Support Local Businesses - Get Your Dish/DirecTV/Home Security From a Local Compa

I forgot to mention this in my original post:

We also have a referral program for Visa gift cards too. If you know any family or friends that are interested in any of the services we provide, tell them about our business and we will send you a Visa gift card of equal value when they sign up for services. That means both you and the person you refer can get a Visa gift card up to $200 by getting your services through a local company.

Thread Information